Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am secretly hoping blizzard plans to make a Dark Souls-esque game set in the Diablo universe, now that would be something that could pique my interest

Deleted
    Warcraft 4 or riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Multistryke View Post
    Who cares what it is, it will be unbalanced from day 1 like all Blizzard games.
    I wish, unbalanced is more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It was mentioned as a project to run along the side of World of Warcraft till the other phased out.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't talk about competing in the RPG genre. I was talking about competing in the MMO genre.
    I understood what you were getting at but they were confident that the two games would not compete. They were asked about it many times. the gameplay was supposed to be very different which is why it ended up translating so well into what overwatch became. I'm almost certain activision's decision to team up with bungie for Destiny was the final nail in the coffin for titan since they would have been so similar and blizzard was struggling to make a "fun" game out of titan.

ALSO, it's been confirmed about 30 minutes ago in a blizzard blog post that all of the WoW content is about patch 7.3.

Looks to me like the main attraction at gamescom and the major hype generator is Overwatch from what I've read of the announcement. No mention of any new IPs or any announcements outside of that.

http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20972458
    Last edited by rasako; 2017-08-17 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup, Gamescom is a nothingburger. Wait for Blizzcon
    Sucks to be right.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    There is a HUGE difference. Those were rts games with no monthly subscription cost and minimal server costs. Buy the game and it's done. Maybe an expansion.

The key difference is that the costs of running and developing for an mmo in terms of money and manpower are on entirely different scales. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, looking at EQ and Final Fantasy, but I don't see it personally.

Anything is possible though I guess.
    if they could stagger expansion sales, theyd be all for it. They make most of the money on box sales for WoW too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    WoW pet battles phone app I guess
    that would make MORE people happy then there are raiders and pvpers together

Deleted
    Warcraft 4 or it doesnt matter in the slightest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    The era of MMOs has come to an end.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. good joke, got more of these? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    We're very, VERY likely not seeing another MMO. Why would Blizzard EVER want to go into competition with themselves?
    Going by the job listings of the last two years, there's a game coming based in the Diablo universe, and it's a first person game, as the game engine jobs for it mentioned that specifically. If I could put money down on a bet, I'd say a game like Witcher3/Fallout/Skyrim is coming, based on the Diablo lore.

And if that's true, it will be the first game ever that I pre-order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Didn't they just hire like 20 developers and game designers with MMO experience for their Diablo Section? Was on their website for a long time and now all announcements got removed. Also they hired some mobile developers. I HOPE the new diablo isn't a mobile game or some shit like this.

MMO experience was a bonus. The tech jobs for that game reference "first person".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Investors don't care about the details of the patch in the first place, but there's still ZERO reason to not just say "There is a planned, very large content patch for WoW later this quarter " if that is what you are talking about, because the patch is already widely known and many of its details have already been released and discussed by Blizzard in interviews and the like.

So why call it a vague "large content drop with details at gamescom"? If this is 7.3, you are basically telling your investors to "Wait and see... something that has already been announced, because we are going to give a bunch of details unrelated to this investment call or your interests as an investor at Gamescom."

Not sure I buy that.
    But, what if it's a preview of patch 7.4?

Hmmm?

5 days, we'll find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    back when they planned to end wow.
    You're gonna need to cite that, this is the first I've heard that they planned to end WoW for Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    When warcraft first came out they planned to just do vanilla, then launch patch after patch till eventually hitting deathwing, arthas, and illidan.
    they later decided on expansions and planned to end with deathwing, then titan would come out, but eventually decided to just have wow go forever, mixing that with how titan was not working out

cause at the start of wow they thought it was going to be rather short, small game, even then when they kept going they thought they would end once they used up their lore.
    but times changed, all of this was said along time ago, would need to find alot of sources though
    I've never heard anything remotely like this from any Blizzard employee.

They're releasing WoW 7.3 patch and likely a Halloween event in HOTS. Clickbait much??

10+ Year Old Account
    New IP? Unlikely. They just released Overwatch over a year ago. I don't expect a new in house Blizzard IP
    for at least another few years.

And it was scrapped. They say it's because it wasn't fun, but being in competition with themselves probably didn't help either
    Or was it? I mean, its not like developers in massive competition with other companies would ever withhold information right?

Steal all of the Overwatch team.

Make them create a third person team-against-hordes shooter (like Killing Floor, or Resident Evil's Mercenaries mode) of terran and protoss mowing down waves and waves of zerg.

Once that game is done with all the love the Overwatch team can give out, release them to work on Overwatch again.

Now we can shoot down lots of zerg on cramped corridors and war torn wastelands. Hooray!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

I doubt it's an MMORPG. Blizzard has likely internally established a red line WoW subscriptions would have to fall below in order for a new MMORPG worthwhile to the company.

It would be funny if the big announcement was a mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Content Drop" is not equivalent to IP sorry. Content drop just means exactly what it says, patches, heroes, new maps etc... New IPs are NOT content drops lol, they're new title announcements.

For example - Anthem that was announced at E3 2017 at EA/MS Presser is a new IP as well as when Overwatch was announced at Blizzcon 2014 is a new IP as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    if there is going to be a new ip it needs to be something that uses online in a way (battle.net), can be on mobile, and hasn't been done before:

- wow: mmo
    - sc: rts
    - diablo: dungeon crawler
    - hearthstone: card game
    - HotS: moba
    - overwathch: hero shooter

my personal guess is either online racer or fighting game

I quite disagree.

There can be a new mmo or rts as well as fps, I don't see any problem here. For example Overwatch is a FPS but not everyone like it or the style, peoples who play and like BF4 or similar games hardly can find Overwatch interesting. So there is still room for fps, not counting survival genre.

We're very, VERY likely not seeing another MMO. Why would Blizzard EVER want to go into competition with themselves?
    We've already seen them being open to the idea. Titan was cancelled not because they didn't want to go into competition with themselves, but because the team decided that the systems weren't fun in an MMO. It's entirely possible that they're taking another stab at it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Blizzard should invest into a 4X game imo.

Even cooler if they base it off warcraft lore
    Excellent idea, I would play that no doubt
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better