Deleted
    Back on topic, so Blizzcon it is. How long roughly is it? 12 weeks? That's a fairly long wait from now...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Now I'm sitting thinking of Gordan Ramsay quotes but in Warcraft form.
    Link to the chronicle picture.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Chron...of_Draenor.jpg

Those Orcs are Rawwwww

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So with the reveal almost certainly at Blizzcon now, I wonder what that'll mean for the testing slate.

Optimistically this could mean a shorter gap between reveal and testing starting.

Pessimistically, get ready for a year+ of Antorus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Why? Only thing bumming me out is this pessimism going on here.
    Pessimism? Have you read the last ~ 50-100 pages? I have (I wish I hadn't). Every reasonable person here must be "pessimistic" by the hype some people are creating here, it's just not normal anymore.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the irony is strong with this one.
    How so? Because I'm not a Blizzard dick rider like most people in this thread? Some of us can actually criticize Blizzard and not give a rat's ass about any white knights.
    Fact is that their communication has been Funcom level bad this last week and you can't even argue against that because those are pure facts.

We should've had all the info we got today a week ago, and we shouldn't have to hear from a Twitch Clip that there will be no expansion reveal at Gamescom,
    And if you see the clip, even Towelliee didn't know what to expect and he is usually up-to-date about everything related to WoW.

The communication has been trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So with the reveal almost certainly at Blizzcon now, I wonder what that'll mean for the testing slate.

Optimistically this could mean a shorter gap between reveal and testing starting.

Pessimistically, get ready for a year+ of Antorus.
    Why?

We have to examples:

MoP announced at Blizzcon, released September.

Legion announced at Gamescom, released "September" (30th August).

It was obvious that the next expansion won't be here until Q3/2018. And a "delayed" revelation won't change the release date at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    remember guys.

blizz is responsible for your own stupidity!

/s

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    OK so here's where we are at. Legit talk right now, folks.

• StarCraft just had a content release with Remastered. They will have a sort of 'annual design change' coming up, however. It looks like they're a focus of the Preview video on Monday. Probably won't be at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Heroes of the Storm had a hero released recently (Garrosh), but tends to have frequent little content drops. It looks like it will be part of the Preview video on Monday alongside StarCraft, and as such won't be part of the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Hearthstone just had a massive expansion released about a week ago, and the next one will likely be announced at BlizzCon based on their usual content timing. So they probably won't be at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony either.
    • Diablo had the Necromancer DLC a while back, and there is nothing new coming out soon. They may or may not continue releasing small feature packs which didn't make it into the cancelled expansion. But as far as "Diablo 4" goes, which we know is in development, that's most likely still 1-2 years away from an announcement given that they only just recruited their Art Director about a year ago. Therefore also not likely to be featured at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Overwatch has had some sort of map teased, and it's possible Jeff Kaplan will get on stage during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony to talk about it for a bit. We'll also likely see that new animated short to go with it.
    • World of Warcraft will definitely mention 7.3, but as far as announcements go, it's already very old news. Even its features. They will likely skim through the features and show us a trailer, however, at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.

So there you have it. TWO GAMES are likely to be represented at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony. I highly doubt either of these games will require more than 15 minutes each, whether it's for the Overwatch map or 7.3. That leaves a bunch of time for something bigger. Like 8.0.

The expansion announcement is still very, very likely at this point.
    Last edited by mmoc53ad741e61; 2017-08-17 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    How so? Because I'm not a Blizzard dick rider like most people in this thread? Some of us can actually criticize Blizzard and not give a rat's ass about any white knights.
    Fact is that their communication has been Funcom level bad this last week and you can't even argue against that because those are pure facts.

We should've had all the info we got today a week ago, and we shouldn't have to hear from a Twitch Clip that there will be no expansion reveal at Gamescom,
    And if you see the clip, even Towelliee didn't know what to expect and he is usually up-to-date about everything related to WoW.

The communication has been trash.
    No you are just being bitter and just resort to insults to those that seem to be on Blizzard's side which doesn't make you right or good. Just a jerk. I mean just look at this post "Blizzard dickrider", I think you need to settle down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    7.3 has a fair bit of content, & there may very well be a 7.3.5, so it's not like I'm gonna get too bored personally, I would have liked to have had an idea of what the next expac is bringing to the table at gamescom but patience is a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3—details about this content update will be unveiled on stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday.
    Well as I said, 7.3 only

More like in their case.
    These normies don't understand LUL

They could "reveal" what is happening with our artifact weapons. I mean there is enough besides 8.0 to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    OK so here's where we are at. Legit talk right now, folks.

• StarCraft just had a content release with Remastered. They will have a sort of 'annual design change' coming up, however. It looks like they're a focus of the Preview video on Monday. Probably won't be at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Heroes of the Storm had a hero released recently (Garrosh), but tends to have frequent little content drops. It looks like it will be part of the Preview video on Monday alongside StarCraft, and as such won't be part of the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Hearthstone just had a massive expansion released about a week ago, and the next one will likely be announced at BlizzCon based on their usual content timing. So they probably won't be at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony either.
    • Diablo had the Necromancer DLC a while back, and there is nothing new coming out soon. They may or may not continue releasing small feature packs which didn't make it into the cancelled expansion. But as far as "Diablo 4" goes, which we know is in development, that's most likely still 1-2 years away from an announcement given that they only just recruited their Art Director about a year ago. Therefore also not likely to be featured at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
    • Overwatch has had some sort of map teased, and it's possible Jeff Kaplan will get on stage during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony to talk about it for a bit. We'll also likely see that new animated short to go with it.
    • World of Warcraft will definitely mention 7.3, but as far as announcements go, it's already very old news. Even its features. They will likely skim through the features and show us a trailer, however, at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.

So there you have it. TWO GAMES are likely to be represented at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony. I highly doubt either of these games will require more than 15 minutes each, whether it's for the Overwatch map or 7.3. That leaves a bunch of time for something bigger. Like 8.0.

The expansion announcement is still very, very likely at this point.
    I pretty much said the same a few pages back. We are definitely getting either a new ip/game or an expansion for WoW.

Oh god, weirdos are already putting the little hearthstone girl as their Avatar.

monkaS
    coming from the original name+avatar you got mate.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why?

We have to examples:

MoP announced at Blizzcon, released September.

Legion announced at Gamescom, released "September" (30th August).

It was obvious that the next expansion won't be here until Q3/2018. And a "delayed" revelation won't change the release date at all.
    I mean we have the clear target for 8.0 in... Mmm, let's say August-November next year.

But Gamescom VS Blizzcon is, unless Blizz cuts down on the time between reveal and testing, the difference between the early part of that guess and the late part.

And if we see 7.3 drop probably next month, Antorus opening in the fall, well you can see where the year+ part comes from.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    coming from the original name+avatar you got mate.
    He meant to say it was a pedo thing to put the little girl as an avatar. Oh well.

Deleted
    Yeah... it's looking unlikely that we will get any sort of 8.0 reveal at gamescom. A shame really.

Fingers crossed though.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-17 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I pretty much said the same a few pages back. We are definitely getting either a new ip/game or an expansion for WoW.
    *Fistbump* Great minds think alike. I just wish people would stop mindlessly parroting the trite "OH WELL GUESS BLIZZCON IS IT THEN" in the thread without even reading these comments or looking into the evidence. There's literally no reason to stop the 8.0 Gamescom hype at this point.

Im still hoping for small teaser atleast!