Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is Patch 7.3 the last patch to add a raid for this xpac?

Has Blizz spoken about this. The new xpac hasn't even been shown yet so it would be quite problematic if it's another 14 month + raid once again.

Outside of a one or two boss raid that will tie in the next xpac i would say yes. After the Argus raid the legion as a threat has been ended at least for a good while.

It is suppose to be the last tier, however, this could've easily changed in the past year. They haven't made anything official and we probably won't know anymore till Gamescon and Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Should be last raid, even if it's gonna be a long one. Doubt they are gonna put any effort into adding a small raid that could have instead been focusing on getting the next xp out.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes its the last raid and you do realise gamescon is in a few days
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

They did say they will likely revisit the ToV format this expansion as they said it worked well for storyline purposes. Might well be a case of the Azshara storyline/Eye of Azshara zone getting the same treatment before the expansion is done. It could potentially lead into a certain Kul'tiras themed expansion that has been floating around.

My guess would be another 3 boss raid on the Eye of Azshara with a crazed Kul'tiras Mage, an old god general (Vezax sorta thing) and one of Azshara's leading cronies (Najentus' sister or something)

Deleted
    Mark my words:

August 23rd (Gamescom) --> Argus trailer. MAYBE Reveal next expansion (I doubt it, but maybe)
    August 30th --> 7.3 release
    November 3rd (Blizzcon) --> FOR SURE REVEAL OF NEXT EXPANSION, or big big big amount of information if revealed at Gamescom
    Novemver 15th --> 7.3.5 release (Antorus) This date it's according that eleven weeks time they have done this expansion. Despite that, I think is very likely the raid will be released before that date, probably November 8th.

After that I hope they make some content before next expansion, but it won't be huge so yeah, we will hace about a year until next expansion. If they use it to do a great job like they did this expansion, it's cool for me.

I am thinking we may get at least one more 3 boss raid like ToV. Possibly something setting up the new expansion.

I loved ruby sanctum honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cigritte View Post
    August 30th --> 7.3 release
    Not gonna happen. ToS hasn't been out nearly long enough. There is already only a handful of guilds that have killed M KJ, and your average guild is still struggling to kill H KJ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yes its the last raid and you do realise gamescon is in a few days
    Which is pretty meaningless tbh. They only announced Legion there due to the fact they abandoned WoD fairly early due to the fact it wasn't going over well with the fan base. I am thinking we're at least a month out for 7.3 and 2-3 months out from 7.3.5 (new raid tier). I'm predicting that they will go in depth with the new raid and maybe talk a bit about whats next, but I think the new expansion announcement will come at Blizzcon, no earlier.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2017-08-17 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I loved ruby sanctum honestly.
    One of the most easily forgotten raids.

Technically, isn't Sargeras still out there if the last boss of Antorus is Argus the unmaker? Or is Argus Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    One of the most easily forgotten raids.
    Yeah it was. I thought it was pretty fun all things considered. Hey, it beat running ICC for a year like we did with SoO and HFC

This made me think if they were to add another raid as a bridge or nod toward the next expac and the next expac deals with what the fanbase assumes will be Nagas, Azshara, Nzoth etc, it would be interesting if they could repurpose some Abyssal Maw stuff.

Not gonna happen. ToS hasn't been out nearly long enough. There is already only a handful of guilds that have killed M KJ, and your average guild is still struggling to kill H KJ
    The raid is not releasing with 7.3 just like ToS didn't launch with 7.2.

7.3 is absolutely happening on August 29th.

Antorus with 7.3.5 which will probably be 77 days after.

There will be plenty of guilds that have downed mythic KJ by then with the NC and increased AK.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-18 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Has Blizz spoken about this. The new xpac hasn't even been shown yet so it would be quite problematic if it's another 14 month + raid once again.
    nah this time it will be 10 mmonths because they will delay Antorus release artificially till january

Deleted
    No. 7.3 doesnt add the raid that is 7.3.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Of course it is lol
    It wraps up the story. It's the third tier. We've only ever gotten 4 raid tiers once in Wrath and 2 of them almost didn't count.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

How was it different with Nighthold and 7.2 release? New artifact progression which will nerf the raid as a result so people can clear it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by oromiseldaa View Post
    How was it different with Nighthold and 7.2 release? New artifact progression which will nerf the raid as a result so people can clear it faster.
    Yup, I agree. Its roughly the same deal.

I am just stating that the raid is further off than some are thinking.

Yup, I agree. Its roughly the same deal.

I am just stating that the raid is further off than some are thinking.
    and its ok - gear and AP coming in 7.3 will ensure more people will push ToS ,mythic + , mage tower chalenges etc before they will focus on last raid when its out - its good for playerbase.

As soon as the netherlight crucible is out, I believe on the third week on 7.3, nearly everyone will get a 15 ilvl bump on their weapons, which is pretty big. Moreover, a lot of players might even be able to have enough artifact ranks to get 2 of the second tier traits of the crucible, which buffs the character up pretty significantly. I imagine all of the crucible stuff will make ToS noticeably easier, just as the new traits in 7.2 made NH easier without actually nerfing the raid.