Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    So Trump is a white supremacist now too? Will you guys never stop your intellectual bankruptcy?
    Given his behavior over the past week, yes. He was already dog whistling and leaning towards them throughout the campaign, and his behavior this week all but cemented his position. He's siding with Nazi's and the KKK, that's why everyone, even the Joint Chiefs of Staff have directly or indirectly called him out. The Joint Chiefs never say shit that's remotely political, no matter who the president is or what the situation is. They follow orders and keep their mouths shut. Them commenting through official channels like this is, to my knowledge completely unprecedented.

I'm pretty happy to take that position, are you happy to stand by Trump and his comments?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given his behavior over the past week, yes. He was already dog whistling and leaning towards them throughout the campaign, and his behavior this week all but cemented his position. He's siding with Nazi's and the KKK, that's why everyone, even the Joint Chiefs of Staff have directly or indirectly called him out. The Joint Chiefs never say shit that's remotely political, no matter who the president is or what the situation is. They follow orders and keep their mouths shut. Them commenting through official channels like this is, to my knowledge completely unprecedented.

I'm pretty happy to take that position, are you happy to stand by Trump and his comments?
    "Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember! The public is learning (even more so) how dishonest the Fake News is. They totally misrepresent what I say about hate, bigotry etc. Shame! "

You guys are bullshitting to a vast degree previously thought impossible. He was calling out violence from both sides and yet you guys viciously misintepretate it as him condoning white supremacists. Absolutely disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I am sure there are people who will stop calling Trump a white supremacist, when he stops acting like he wants to join their club.

I'm perfectly comfortable saying he's not, but he is intentionally courting their vote, which is pretty "sell your soul" level right there. I mean, let's take you, Soulslaver. You personally. How much money would you, personally, have to be paid, to put on an American Nazi uniform and march, in public, with other American Nazis, and you weren't allowed to say it was ironic or sarcastic or otherwise deny doing it on purpose? I mean it, how much would you have to be paid to pretend to be an American Nazi?
    I dont know where you pull that bullshit from but let me tell you something.

- You only need a tiny fringe minority to be white nationalist present for the media to potray it as a "grand meetup of nazis, wn and the KKK"
    - The media is hiding leftist violence/framing leftist perpetrators as victims. (Not saying there wasn't violence from BOTH sides.)
    - The nazi narrative is set and the useful idiots will parrot/screech it till russia (or anything else) becomes the hot topic again.

"Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember! The public is learning (even more so) how dishonest the Fake News is. They totally misrepresent what I say about hate, bigotry etc. Shame! "

You guys are bullshitting to a vast degree previously thought impossible. He was calling out violence from both sides and yet you guys viciously misintepretate it as him condoning white supremacists. Absolutely disgusting.
    "You guys" meaning pretty much everyone that isn't a white supremacist or a white supremacist sympathizer, including the heads of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and National Guard? Yeah, I'm alright with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "You guys" meaning pretty much everyone that isn't a white supremacist or a white supremacist sympathizer, including the heads of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and National Guard? Yeah, I'm alright with that.
    "Guys in high positions said something. Guys in high positions never bullshit or have an agenda. I surrender my critical independant and individual thinking and parrot what they say and this is my argument."

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-joe-arpaio/

Who better to pardon a racist who flouts the law, and what better time to do it?

Kek.
    Awesome! he deserves to be pardoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    That's not how you spell "shanked in the prison shower"

"Guys in high positions said something. Guys in high positions never bullshit or have an agenda. I surrender my critical independant and individual thinking and parrot what they say and this is my argument."
    The Joint Chiefs of staff don't fuck around. They have consistently remained apolitcal, because that's their job. The fact that all of them felt it necessary to weigh in speaks volumes, but you can question their loyalty and love of this country if you want.

No, he deserves to be shot.

Whataboutism...should we call it Trumpaboutism®?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man criminals deserve pardons! Especially when it fits a narrative.

Who cares if they actually committed crimes. /s

So now we're down to it huh? Everyone that doesn't speak in favor of Trump is now fake news. Even Republicans, Fox news hosts, and military leaders. All fake news because they didn't back the nazi supporting god king.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are bullshitting to a vast degree previously thought impossible. He was calling out violence from both sides
    Wow. That's some oil and water, right there.

First of all, you quoted a Trump tweet to defend Trump, as opposed to, say, the Graham tweet to attack Graham. Of course, a Trump tweet will defend Trump. Duh. So let's see what the evidence is:

He retweeted Steven Hayes who said
    POTUS said "many" of those who marched alongside white supremacists in VA are "very fine people." Who are they?
    then linked an article titled Where Are Trump's 'Very Fine People'? he wrote from the Weekly Standard. In this article, Hayes reminds us that Trump wanted to have all the facts, then said both sides had very good people, several times. It goes into great detail about how Trump, who told reporters he knew more than they did about the situation -- he did not explain how, nor did the WH respond to questions on such -- and is worth a read. I recommend it. Anyhow, Graham read and retweeted it.

Well, there's one. Wow that's big.

That's two.

Mr. President, like most I seek to move our nation, my state, and our party forward - toward the light - not back to the darkness. (1)

Your tweet honoring Miss Heyer was very nice and appropriate.

Well done. (2)

However, because of the manner in which you have handled the Charlottesville tragedy you are now receiving praise from some.....(3)

....you are now receiving praise from some of the most racist and hate-filled individuals and groups in our country. (4)

For the sake of our Nation -- as our President -- please fix this. (5)

History is watching us all. (6)

Wow. That's pretty cohesive and specific.

He retweeted this article from TheState which includes what Trump was most certainly talking about:

“President Trump took a step backward by again suggesting there is moral equivalency between the white supremacist neo-Nazis and KKK members who attended the Charlottesville rally and people like Ms. Heyer,” Graham said. “I, along with many others, do not endorse this moral equivalency.

“Many Republicans do not agree with and will fight back against the idea that the Party of Lincoln has a welcome mat out for the David Dukes of the world,” Graham said, referring to a onetime Klan leader.
    Now this was after Trump's third attempt, in which he returned to the terms of his first attempt, the nonscripted one, by refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK. In the article. it is correctly pointed out that Trump again blamed both sides, and suggested the alt-left started it.

"This is an opportunity for the Trump administration to come down like a hammer on white supremacists," Graham said. and link to full story.

Here he is, thanking Trump for the one time Trump actually condemned American Nazis and the KKK.

Here is a FOX News tweet he retweeted, @lindseyGrahamSC on #Charlottesville nationalist groups: Their cause is un-American. It’s up to @Potus to correct the message.

Another, @lindseyGrahamSC: These groups seem to believe they have a friend in @Potus, I'd urge him to dissuade these groups that he’s their friend.

Another, @lindseyGrahamSC on backlash after @Potus' #Charlottesville rally comments: Trump missed an opportunity to be very explicit here.

Another, @lindseyGrahamSC on #Charlottesville protests: It was an act of domestic terrorism, these are hate-filled groups and enemies of freedom.

Now here's the thing, it is true that Trump said “You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that. Do they have any semblance of guilt? Do they have any problem? I think they do!” He also repeatedly blamed both sides -- without suggesting one side was worse, including the side that murdered someone by running a car into a group of protesters. He said both sides had good people. He further went and said that this was about taking down statues, and that the idea of taking down statues is tearing the country apart. He also said the media was treating the American Nazis and the KKK "unfairly, very unfairly".

And worse, that's part of a pattern.

Do you remember Trump defending Putin? “We got a lot of killers. What? You think our country’s so innocent?”

Do you remember Trump's defense of what he insisted was locker room talk? “Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close."

Is it all bad? Maybe not. Do you remember when Trump said “I urge you to beware the temptation of … blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire.”? I hope not, because that was Ronald Reagan.

And finally, let's not forget, David Duke and his ilk have been thanking and cheering Trump for his words and actions. Specifically, for calling out the alt-left.

Let's roll all of that together, shall we?

(1) Trump is absolutely correct that Graham called him out for his moral equivalence. The fact that Trump used moral equivalences repeatedly, in public, off-script, is objective. Graham was right to point that out.
    (2) Graham was hardly the only person to do so. There were a LOT of lawmakers and businessmen who all said the same thing. Again, not only do we have the company of Graham, we have the company of nearly everyone else. I've posted dozens. Literally dozens.

Who are you really mad at? Because, I don't think it's us.

I don't even think you're mad at Graham, Ryan, Kasich, Rubio, the entire band of CEOs Trump hand-picked of whom a dozen quit individually before the rest quit en masse, Hatch, McConnell, Pence, London, Germany, and fucking seriously I could go on. BANNON called out American Nazis and the KKK. Fucking Bannon. And Trump's talking about how we're going to tear down statues of Washington and Jefferson, and there are good people on both sides.

I think...you're mad at yourself.

I think you finally realized you picked a loser. It took a lot of effort -- you made it through a lot to get here -- but you finally realized it. You're upset, I get it, it's one of the stages of grief. It'll pass. But um...please remember, we didn't do this. We just pointed out that it happened. So did everyone else.

Welcome to the bottom of the hill. Trump has ceded the moral high ground to literally everyone else that isn't an American Nazi or the KKK, by refusing to condemn them when he had the prime opportunity, and defending them with moral equivalences and talking about beautiful statues, while literally everyone else was talking about how American Nazis and the KKK are deplorable groups and are an embarrassment to the 21st century. Trump could have gotten out of this mess all on his own, but Trump doesn't climb hills. Even small ones.

You're welcome to join literally everyone else when you feel like it. All you have to do, is admit that Trump fucked this one up. All you have to do, is admit that when Trump says that both sides are to blame without qualifiers, when he says both sides have good people without qualifiers, and when he tries to bring the guilt back around to the protesters against the American Nazis and the KKK to balance things out, that he's choosing to make this worse. That he's choosing to try to balance or equate the two sides, one of which was waving swastika flags and murdered an innocent human being. That he's choosing to make statements so non-condemning, pussyfooted, and vague, that the American Nazis and the KKK think Trump is on their side, and literally everyone else is calling out Trump for being non-condemning, pussyfooting, and vague, about whether or not he sides with American Nazis and the KKK.

Yell at us faceless, nameless MMO-Cers all you want. We're not the ones at fault here. We're just pointing out who is. And we're in the overwhelming majority, even within the GOP House and Senate.

P.S. Don't talk about "the Nazi narrative" when they showed up waving swastika flags and murdered a human being. That's not a narrative. That's actual facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

Of course they would never argue that the illegal aliens arpaio arrested should be pardoned as well.

Should deport arpaio imo. Ironic punishment. Of course what country would take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Of course they would never argue that the illegal aliens arpaio arrested should be pardoned as well.

Should deport arpaio imo. Ironic punishment. Of course what country would take him.
    Philippines would love him.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Are you against all the Pardons Clinton and Obama did? Or is it for only with people that doesn't align with your political compass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Philippines would love him.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA OMFG DUTERTE AND ARPAIO....i want that picture. They could have a sitcom together. Perfect racist strangers. Or grumpy old bigots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you against all the Pardons Clinton and Obama did? Or is it for only with people that doesn't align with your political compass?
    I don't know enough about any of them to have an opinion, and evidently neither do you seeing as you didn't site any specific examples. Apparently from your post though you were against all of them because they didn't "align with your political compass" huh?

I don't know enough about any of them to have an opinion, and evidently neither do you seeing as you didn't site any specific examples. Apparently from your post though you were against all of them because they didn't "align with your political compass" huh?
    I Just wanted to see how far it went. I do not believe that a man stopping illegal's from remaining in the country deserves to be prosecuted. But that's just me

I Just wanted to see how far it went. I do not believe that a man stopping illegal's from remaining in the country deserves to be prosecuted. But that's just me
    Because he wasn't just stopping illegals. His tactic was to arrest and search pretty much anyone that was Hispanic. He was profiling personified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Except many of the people he stopped weren't in the country illegally. He broke the law, cost the tax payers millions because of the lawsuits. Nothing innocent there. He detained people based on the color of their skin, for literally no reason other than that.