Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok and I agree. He should have stuck to his word. I don't like devs that say shit like that.

However since it's purely cosmetic let's wait and see. I mean if they start doing anything really shady then yeah raise some eyebrows.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh there are good F2P/B2P models out there.

Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile spring immediately to mind for me.
    But they are exceptions and not the rule. I will always have an eye of suspicion to games with MTs. Overwatch luckily has a system where leveling is not hard and you can get 3 loot boxes via the arcade, plus 1 for new events. But even then its pushing it. Luckily its just cosmetic items. I still don;t like how the system encourages a bit of the gambling mindset too.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But they are exceptions and not the rule. I will always have an eye of suspicion to games with MTs. Overwatch luckily has a system where leveling is not hard and you can get 3 loot boxes via the arcade, plus 1 for new events. But even then its pushing it. Luckily its just cosmetic items. I still don;t like how the system encourages a bit of the gambling mindset too.
    Oh yeah for sure I understand. To be honest with Overwatch I buy 2 boxes every couple of weeks or so. On a very rare occasion I will buy 5 but I mean very rare.

Deleted
    I have nothing against MT, it's the timing and the stage of the game that bothers me.

First of all, they made about 100-150.000.000$ from a game that's in EA.
    Yet that's not enough to get the game done first, so they have to include MTs first?

Worst of all, they say that "some" of it is going to charity and also for tournament... which of course doesn't mean they'll remove it once gamescom is over .
    And let's be honest, why do they need money for that tournament in the first place... they made over 100.000.000 already.
    That's like asking fans to fund the Football-World Cup (in addition to all the other things they already bought that are related to football)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh yeah for sure I understand. To be honest with Overwatch I buy 2 boxes every couple of weeks or so. On a very rare occasion I will buy 5 but I mean very rare.
    We should always be suspicious of the systems for MTs. Not sure how they will impact PUBG in the long run

- - - Updated - - -

They did indeed lie a bit about micro transactions

I also never trust any company or dev when it comes to micro transactions
    The only thing about Micro Transactions they lied about was there not being any until its out of EA. After they was going to do them but its 100% cosmetic(and have a system that worked like CSGO), This one happen for a charity if I recall right.

Seeing how its cosmetic I personally do not care at all. That is the only thing someone can say they lied about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This game is definitely not my style. Having to regear each match is the opposite of what I enjoy. Character progression is mandatory for me.

However, I actually do enjoy watching this game in streams.

I haven't played this in a while. Last I played I had a crate like...nearly fall on me. I never usually go for them. I opened it and saw some LMG in there and ammo. Sat off to the side and gunned down like 5 people that kept coming up to loot a helmet or something I left inside. I then loaded down with a sniper rifle, ghillie suit. All sorts of fun stuff from corpses. Sadly I didn't win I think it was down to a few players and the guy that killed me seemed terribly bulletspongey, pissed me off. Still closest I've ever gotten to winning. I like this type of thing. I used to play a game called Redmoon years and years ago that was an RPG where you leveled 1-1000. Super grindy, took forever. They made a place called Battle Dimension where you went in and everything was 100x exp or something so you had an hour to level as high as you could and get gear...Then pk(playerkilling) was forced on and the bloodbath began.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played this game. But I have never watched more steams of any game ever. I hate watching streams, but this game made me change my stance on that. Pretty epic spectator game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only thing about Micro Transactions they lied about was there not being any until its out of EA. After they was going to do them but its 100% cosmetic(and have a system that worked like CSGO), This one happen for a charity if I recall right.

Seeing how its cosmetic I personally do not care at all. That is the only thing someone can say they lied about.
    And that's enough...
    who knows how many streamers, reviewers etc. made people buy this game because "the devs seem to know what they are doing and are focusing on improving the game instead of MT and a some quick money".

and it's not "for" charity. It's for them, but *some* of it goes to charity.
    What this comes down to is that you can not believe a single word they say anymore.

As I said, I enjoy playing the game, but that doesn't make it any better. It's a shameful move and so far they haven't really improved the game enough to start looking elsewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-17 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What this comes down to is that you can not believe a single word they say anymore.

As I said, I enjoy playing the game, but that doesn't make it any better. It's a shameful move and so far they haven't really improved the game enough to start looking elsewhere.
    First off if u don't believe anything they say that's your choice. They have been 100% on everything else when it comes to the game.

Second its hats....If hats really upset you that much then you are going to have a hard time playing any other game.

I guess you don't believe any developer of any game then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    100% on everything else?

Really? Like what?
    And no, they didn't btw, but what kind of promise did they keep? I'm curious. I'm pretty sure you don't know either and are just talking right now. How about that "we won't have this game in EA for more than 6 months" statement that turned into "W-wait, actually, scratch that... we aim for a Q4 2017 release, no promises though!"

And yeah, that's my choice, but how does it change anything? They are still lying - money grabbing - bastards. That's basically a fact now.

They earned like 100.000.000, had no marketing, really small development team (and the game really looks and plays like it too), it's unpolished, the *first* thing they did in EA was to implement these crates... the game didn't get any bug fixes worth mentioning in EA so far... it's the very same game - but with MT-crates now. (that's a huge issue, it's so ridiculous)

Where is all that money going? Do you realize how much money they made?

After all this, any promise about how they want to improve X or Y makes me think: "yeah right, keep talking - we'll see what happens when it happens... if it'll ever happen that is" after this.
    It's basically another Minecraft/DayZ to me for now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-17 at 10:18 PM.

I mean, the MTs in PUBG are cosmetic only too...so if you're okay with it in OW there shouldn't be a problem here. The only thing that bothers me about the game is the inability to vault and climb. Hopefully those animations will be out next month if not october and it will really change the dynamic of the game.

100% on everything else?

Really? Like what?
    Performance and Updates.....

You know the things that matter and as it stands they will be keeping there word on it only being in EA for 6 months.

They are still lying - money grabbing - bastards. That's a fact.
    A business wants to make money...HOLY SHIT. Next thing I bet you tell me is that water is wet. Its fucken cosmetic hats that have no effect on the game and it was for charity. Doesn't matter if the charity got half, all or 3/4 it was still for charity.

There is many things to bitch about, cosmetic hats isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I mean, the MTs in PUBG are cosmetic only too...so if you're okay with it in OW there shouldn't be a problem here. The only thing that bothers me about the game is the inability to vault and climb. Hopefully those animations will be out next month if not october and it will really change the dynamic of the game.
    Ya they are working on that, But no release date on it yet coming out. They showed it off in the trailer for zombie mode tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I am not okay with it in Overwatch either. I do not like the fact that it does take advantage of gambling parts of our brains. We need to see the full system when live too to compare systems for gaining loot boxes.

I am not okay with it in Overwatch either. I do not like the fact that it does take advantage of gambling parts of our brains.
    So you watched the recent Jim video and took this line from it......

Not all MT's are bad the ones in OW and PUBG is two examples of it not being bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you watched the recent Jim video and took this line from it......

Not all MT's are bad the ones in OW and PUBG is two examples of it not being bad.
    Its true though. I have a friend who has spent far too much money on boxes. They are also someone I would never allow to go to Atlantic city alone.

You should make a thread about that video.

Good lord, the crate debacle is the most overblown thing ever. It's 2.50 a key, and the majority of proceeds go to the 35k prize pool at the Gamescom tourney. Also, he did apologize for not bringing it up sooner but yea, he's right in they also needed to test the MT portion of it. They're GONE after gamescom, GONE. Do you really want no testing on something and it not working and thousands of people frustrated?

Games great, MT are optional, if you decide not to play based off that, more power to you I guess, but the hundreds of thousands of people who don't care and are still playing will keep the game alive regardless.

(Btw, still top viewership on Twitch :P game is fun to watch, unlike most games)

Its true though. I have a friend who has spent far too much money on boxes. They are also someone I would never allow to go to Atlantic city alone.

You should make a thread about that video.
    I would but I won't due to reasons I can't speak of because ill be infacted again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I wonder if this will be on sale any time soon, got some friends asking me to pick it up to play together.
    I can see them doing a sell near the end of its EA before it hits live release. But I am just guessing here.

It is a fun game if u like that style and IMO its the best one out there of BR games.

Deleted
    Performance and Updates.....

You know the things that matter and as it stands they will be keeping there word on it only being in EA for 6 months.

A business wants to make money...HOLY SHIT. Next thing I bet you tell me is that water is wet. Its fucken cosmetic hats that have no effect on the game and it was for charity. Doesn't matter if the charity got half, all or 3/4 it was still for charity.

There is many things to bitch about, cosmetic hats isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya they are working on that, But no release date on it yet coming out. They showed it off in the trailer for zombie mode tho.
    You keep repeating it's for charity, it's not for charity.
    What the hell are you talking about? It clearly does matter if the charity got half, 1/5 or only 1/20?
    You can't say it's for charity if it isn't. Can you please stop being a drone?
    The money was used to fund the tournament, which they could have done easily by themselves because they are rich as fuck right now.

You can't make wild promises, wait until 6 million people have bought the game, of which at least some decided to buy it based on them, and then change them. That's not buisiness, that's foul play.

I can see them doing a sell near the end of its EA before it hits live release. But I am just guessing here.
    So they'd break another promise? Yeah, I can clearly see them doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Good lord, the crate debacle is the most overblown thing ever. It's 2.50 a key, and the majority of proceeds go to the 35k prize pool at the Gamescom tourney. Also, he did apologize for not bringing it up sooner but yea, he's right in they also needed to test the MT portion of it. They're GONE after gamescom, GONE. Do you really want no testing on something and it not working and thousands of people frustrated?
    Care to explain how this is "testing"?
    You pay real money right now. If it doesn't work in EA, you are just as frustrated.
    There is absolutely no difference.
    Such a lame excuse...they obviously couldn't wait any longer for that, since the game is running perfectly fine right now, am I right?

It's pathetic to include something like this in EA, especially after they said they wouldn't... and that won't change, no matter what. There is no reason to not call them out on that.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-18 at 05:14 AM.

--snip--

I'm sorry that cosmetic hats have gotten you upset, I do not recommend you looking at what happen to Middle Earth Shadow Of War. That shit will give you a heart attack.