View Poll Results: Superiority What is it?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • The Ability to take on everything else.

4 26.67%
  • The Ability to Attack and destroy anything.

1 6.67%
  • The Ability to Sustain and Adapt.

6 40.00%
  • Other (Comment below)

4 26.67%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Superiority What is it?

This a more philosophical and not pertaining to anything real specific so be as fluid as you like within reason in your response.

But the Topic and Question is in terms of Superiority, what makes one thing superior to another.

For instance the Trojan Horse, for example what difference does it make?

If the invading army is inferior or like with Troy what is being invaded is superior then what difference would a Trojan horse have made?

I remembered watching this, aside from the absurd vs realities, I think what makes the scene powerful is Apollo gave Ivan Drago everything he had, and the guy looked like it tickled and then destroyed him with little to no effort.

He's not a machine he's a man!

In this one basically Rocky who says he has to be willing to die to take down Ivan Drago, nearly does, and doesn't walk away the same after. Aside from the theatrics this is a pretty memorable movie even years after.

So the question is, how does this relate towards life and nature?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-08-18 at 02:14 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I read your post twice over and still cannot follow at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I remembered watching this, aside from the absurd vs realities, I think what makes the scene powerful is Apollo gave Ivan Drago everything he had, and the guy looked like it tickled and then destroyed him with little to no effort.
    It's a movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I believe Mall Security suffered some form of brain damage recently.

Ajax is superior to Comet though I'm not sure why.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Probably the best response so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The question is about what is superiority any way you want to apply it, you can be philosophical if you want. Or do you mean the Story of Troy, or Rocky IV?

What the hell are you asking? Webster would be the first person I'd ask for a definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's a movie...
    Sure it's a movie, but you never studied or read up on history, or about famous conflicts, Why did one fall while the other has risen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    What the hell are you asking? Webster would be the first person I'd ask for a definition.
    Yeah but Shownuff, but I am asking YOU what superiority is, how would you define it?

Because Ajax is "tough of Grease". Which is the most amazing pun in commercial history, and I will forever buy Ajax for it.

The way I view superiority is that some one has said skill such as cooking. Everyone can cook but others are better at it. So those who can cook really really good will be able to achieve higher status and be rewarded with whatever it is. Others may have to find something else that their good at. So no one is really unable to do tasks it's just some are better at it and those who do well go on to higher status.

Deleted
    Why do you make a billion polls a day for everything ?

At this point it's almost like you are being paid to collect unnecessary data

Not hating just curious

15+ Year Old Account
    Superiority is the ability to underestimate your opponents.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Why do you make a billion polls a day for everything ?

At this point it's almost like you are being paid to collect unnecessary data

Not hating just curious
    Because it's fun to be on the internet, and get peoples feedback as well as have general discussions, you are on a forum that reaches millions or could across the globe, what isn't fun about being able to ask questions and get peoples opinions but see where they stand.

Who the hell knows maybe someone Russian reads this and tells you what they think of Superiority Strength and Rocky IV. Just for fun.

Well as you know, The name Ajax comes from an old greek story about a guy named Ajax who was renown for his strength. He was the strongest man in Greece, which means he was stronger than Greece. Ajax is stronger than grease. (Greece)

But your post, ah i see what you are doing there. I see the patterns the subliminal messaging the truth in the pudding. A+J+A is twelve, yes twelve since A is the first letter of the alphabet and J is the tenth. X is the twenty fourth, which makes A+J+A half of X. You with me so far? Here's where the truth bombs start going off: L is the twelfth letter of the alphabet, yes indeed. So we have Half and L. L is also the first letter in the word Life, you see? And how did we get to these two words? Well one and one and one is three. And that my friends means this is a post confirming half-life 3.

Also superiority just means being better in general. All 3 of those are part of it, but you don't have to be better in all three of those aspects to be superior. Just 1

Deleted
    Because it's fun to be on the internet, and get peoples feedback as well as have general discussions, you are on a forum that reaches millions or could across the globe, what isn't fun about being able to ask questions and get peoples opinions but see where they stand.

Who the hell knows maybe someone Russian reads this and tells you what they think of Superiority Strength and Rocky IV. Just for fun.
    Most people here are larping or posting bs answers to polls when available

I agree the international context of gen ot is fun though

Sure it's a movie, but you never studied or read up on history, or about famous conflicts, Why did one fall while the other has risen?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but Shownuff, but I am asking YOU what superiority is, how would you define it?
    Better, greater, faster, smarter, more charismatic, etc... It's all relative to what and whom. As is what is person A superior to person B for, and person A may be superior to person B in this instance, but not superior compared to person C.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should shut off your computer and get some sleep. I'm not sure what you are even asking here. Superiority has many different definitions depending on the context in which it is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Better, greater, faster, smarter, more charismatic, etc... It's all relative to what and whom. As is what is person A superior to person B for, and person A may be superior to person B in this instance, but not superior compared to person C.
    Charismatic LMFAO ok why Charismatic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I think you should shut off your computer and get some sleep. I'm not sure what you are even asking here. Superiority has many different definitions depending on the context in which it is used.
    Thus why I am asking YOU, not Websters or anybody else.

The ability to sustain and adapt.

Charismatic LMFAO ok why Charismatic?

- - - Updated - - -

Thus why I am asking YOU, not Websters or anybody else.
    I was just naming traits that a person could be superior to another over.