Thread: Bannon is out?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Apparently from the NYTimes Article:

Supposedly he gave his resignation 11 days ago, but it is only now getting out? You would think with all the leaks, this would have been major news last week. So either they are trying to say that to make it look like he was the good guy leaving last week or they are lying to try to save their hides.
    Yeah, I can't believe this wouldn't have been leaked in nearly two weeks time. This is the kind of thing that would instantly get out, even with all the chaos in the White House lately. The only way I can imagine it wouldn't have would be if he'd literally handed it directly to Trump/Kelly, and nobody beyond them knew anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope at some point jared can call him a cuck before he leaves

10+ Year Old Account
    Eleven days ago is Aug 7. What happened that day? Well, there's this twitter

"The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio......."

Aaaaaaand that's it. He was at his NJ vacation house, golfing and tweeting. This wasn't a sudden shock, this was infighting coming to a close. Resignation, not fired by Kelly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Anyone have Bingo yet?
    I just need DeVos and I'll be dancing in the street.

Not hyperbole. She's a tragedy to my profession.

Deleted
    Anyone have Bingo yet?
    Next week Kim launches another test. Trump orders a first strike, Mattis refuses. Trump kicks Mattis.

Alright, now satisfied enough with everyone reporting that I'm no longer skeptical of the reports.

Fucking awesome. Time to see how Breitbart and the alt-right react to this in the face of their recent proclamations of love for Trump. Is this going to sour them right after he pandered to the white supremacists amongst them? Is Trump going to find himself without even the white supremacists to defend him by the end of the week?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have Bingo yet?

Huh, why is Trump one of the squares? If he's out everyone gets bingo.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Eleven days ago is Aug 7. What happened that day? Well, there's this twitter

"The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio......."

Aaaaaaand that's it. He was at his NJ vacation house, golfing and tweeting. This wasn't a sudden shock, this was infighting coming to a close. Resignation, not fired by Kelly.

- - - Updated - - -

I just need DeVos and I'll be dancing in the street.

Not hyperbole. She's a tragedy to my profession.
    Devos is the worst of all the picks imho. Particularly sinister and nasty.

I guess Bannon wasn't quite racist or anti-Semitic enough for this administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Next week Kim launches another test. Trump orders a first strike, Mattis refuses. Trump kicks Mattis.
    I don't see that happening. If Mattis refuses, it's a coup. It's all hands on deck, and the entire military turns on Trump. And Trump has nobody left to defend him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Bannon is gone, it is because places like Time credited him for Trump being in office. Trump does NOT like to share credit. The more attention Bannon gets, the less Trump wants him around.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't see that happening. If Mattis refuses, it's a coup. It's all hands on deck, and the entire military turns on Trump. And Trump has nobody left to defend him.
    Mattis and Kelly really are the only two holding the administration together. What's funny, is that the longer they stay, the more their own reputations fall to shit.

I bet Bannon left on his own, he sees the trouble Trump is in, whether he gets kicked out or not, and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Mattis and Kelly really are the only two holding the administration together. What's funny, is that the longer they stay, the more their own reputations fall to shit.
    Not really. Mattis has maintained his dignity throughout, even when he's been forced to defend Trump on bullshit. Kelly as well hasn't done anything that would harm his reputation, at least not that I know of. And you forgot McMaster and Tillerson. McMaster has had to sling some serious bullshit, but remember that unlike Kelly/Mattis he's not a civilian so has to play by different rules. Tillerson hasn't been great by any means, but he's at least not been stoking the fires like others in the administration has. He's at least trying.

Bannon is a top class fear monger and now has seen how the sausage is made fro the WH point of view. Of all the people that were given top secret clearance he was one of the least trust worthy and most likey to twist that knowledge after the fact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Bannon wasn't quite racist or anti-Semitic enough for this administration.
    I get what you're going for, but I opine it's the opposite. Trump's admin is not majority people who condemn American Nazis and the KKK. I think collectively, Bannon saw the winds of change blowing and did what he felt was the right thing to salvage Trump's agenda.

So my apologies to @Vizardlorde, didn't mean to doubt you, you were just that fast. Kudos man.

But that said, let's handle his original question, shall we? Who's next? Hmm.

It won't be only one of Mattis, Kelly, or McMaster. They're too aligned to each other, and by virtue of Trump firing everyone else, basically have a working majority.

It won't be DeVos, much as it pains me to admit it. She's really not doing much and her name's out of all the papers.

It won't be Pence. You don't fly across a friggin continent away from the Venezuela crisis just to resign. Pence is all in.

It won't be family. They'd rather die than turn on Trump and be left penniless, and there's not enough leaks suggesting Mueller is closing in on Kushner soon.

Tillerson and Sessions? Uh...maybe? I'll say Huckabee-Sanders. Defending Trump from the American Nazi and KKK issue might just be too much for her daddy issues.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another deplorable drops from the Office of Deplorables. So many more to go . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    refresh

refresh

FOUND IT!

You guys thought I was joking. ADMIT IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremists like Bannon are fickle and self-serving.

I wouldn't be surprised to see publications and meming shitposters turn on Trump at some point. If Bannon felt slighted, he'll influence his group to start putting out negative press against Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could see both of those guys holding onto their reputations. At this point, Trump is so repugnant, they (and others that join now) could legitimately be trying to help the country as best they can.

On a separate note, the militarization of his inner-circle is disconcerting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah when you have someone who ran an anti-semetic/racist website and neo nazis going around killing people why would you keep him around? As much as Trump and his fans don't want to admit it his stumble was doing huge damage to his already low reputation. Now the fun part begins though and we'll see if the alt-right start flipping their shit and turning on Trump.

I doubt it because they're brainwashed as fuck but one can dream. I do expect some harsh Breitbart articles coming out soon though