Poll: Should reputation be account wide?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear is pretty much a non-issue at the moment. So, the only point of reputation is to stop you from getting recipes or shoulder enchants, or cosmetic junk. As all toys and mounts are account wide, as soon as one character farms them up, they are done.

So, making all reputations account wide would be a bad thing.

Deleted
    They should just add those rep commendations from MoP. Reach revered on outdated reps, exalted on current reps for a 100% boost. Dunno why they got that removed.

I really liked how SW:ToR did rep, it was account wide and you got rep from tokens. You can only earn so much per week, so when you capped for that week you just held the tokens and used them next week. Once it was maxed you sold them for credits.

Would be nice if they removed the rep needed from toys thou, once i earned enough rep to buy a toy and add it to my collection i should be able to use that toy on any toon regardless of level and rep.

I want everything to be account-wide... nothing character specific.

Free me from these shackles so I can change my main!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it odd how people use "character power progression" as the primary argument against reputation. Reputation is mostly used as a gate in Legion and due to content becoming outdated rather quickly many of these reputations are extremely irrelevant.

And gear?

I've played this game 9 years and have NEVER felt the need to grind rep on an alt for a piece of gear. My main is geared, by the time I start worrying about gearing my alts reputation gear is already dated.

Actually, in legion. By the time I was revered with most factions I was already way past 840 ilvl.

Reputation should be account bound. Literally no reason for it not to be. Tabards/Pets/Mounts are already account bound and reputation gear is almost as important as the "Sword Vendor".

I'd love to be able to play a different "main" without feeling the OCD/cringe of 0 reputations @ exalted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Blizzard let you pay gold or do some attunement to unlock account wide rep?

I don't care how it's done really...it just needs to happen. It is a giant barrier to switching toons for me and actually made me quit Legion. No way am I going to rep grind shit on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Reputation is a way to gate rewards, it won't be account wide ever.
    but the awards have been irrelevant to a specific character for the past 2+ years.

How do so many people not understand this concept?

If legion reputations had 900 ilvl gear or something then sure, but 820-840 pieces and you should have to grind them out weeks long in the lowest form of reputation gain blizzard as implemented?

Sure. Need more people with brains like yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Gear is pretty much a non-issue at the moment. So, the only point of reputation is to stop you from getting recipes or shoulder enchants, or cosmetic junk. As all toys and mounts are account wide, as soon as one character farms them up, they are done.

So, making all reputations account wide would be a bad thing.
    What?

Cosmetic junk,toys,mounts are account wide AS YOU SAID.

And once 1 character farms them up they're done.

Who the fuck farms account bound items on their alts?

The point is that once you already grind the rep once YOU ARE DONE in all forms with the current design of reputation there is literally no benefit from doing reputations on alts. 0. 0 benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm curious if Legion is finally a tipping point for more people to request account wide reputations. Personally, I've always been a proponent of account wide everything, so I would've liked to have seen this implemented many years ago. What are your thoughts?
    For the sake of a greater feeling of completion and avoiding pointless repetitive grinding of reputations we've already maxed out on our mains, yes. For the special reputation rewards however, there needs to be a workaround. Maybe instead of a reputation requirement on alts, quest completion or something is required instead to buy reputation loot. Tricky situation.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Teokis View Post
    something something
    did you just quote my post from 2016-09-30? what necromancy magic is this, jeez

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The second they added rep restrictions on toys, mounts and transmog items that you HAD ALREADY EARNED was the second it became time for account wide rep.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann