Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only log on for an hour a day, sometimes two, and only raid twice a week. My guild just cleared heroic ToS with no participation requirements. We are what I would picture as being casually serious. We aren't even close to cutting edge and I feel no desire to endlessly grind like some feel the game "forces" them to. With the changes coming in 7.3 the expansion is a lot more alt friendly and I'll probably spend more time logged in while leveling each class. I am loving the game right now, feel like it's got something for me even if I've only got 30 minutes to log in and play.

OT - I would not be surprised to see highlights of the next expansion at Gamescom, with either an alpha or beta opening at Blizzcon or right after it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Legion is the only expansion that has pissed me off enough to unsubscribe for more than a month. Something went wrong. I'm not just bored of legion, it actually makes me angry, which is why I stopped playing.

Every tiny thing seems to be designed to frustrate the living hell out of me. I gave the blasted expansion a dozen chances, the final straw that catapulted it to the worst expansion of all time list was how they handled the corrupted remembrance appearance for Ashbringer. Waiting for a mob that spawns every 24-48 hours at random is NOT FUN. AT ALL.

When I realized they just want us to nolife on shallow content to keep subscribed I quit. I would rather have had another year of WoD.
    There has ben plenty of mistakes in legion and the way the handled some(a lot actually) of the artefact appearances where very odd. There could have been some epic lore moments and old places to visit, instead a lot of it just came from rare drops of random bosses. I agree that makes absolutely no sense at all and seems like it was rushed in the last moment.

It had some actual potential

Dude honestly I don't even want a new expansion at this point. Legion is awesome and I don't wanna give up my artifacts and order halls. I'm afraid that whatever's gonna come after, won't live up to what I've gotten used to in this amazing expac. The only thing that might satisfy me now would be race based order halls (since racial identity [lol that sounds wrong ...] has kind of been ignored a bit in favor of class identity recently. Which tbh, class identity seems a lot more important, but I also wouldn't mind some focus on my gnome / dwarf / night elf / etc culture and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It would match with their giving up on yearly expansions, I suppose. Hopefully this only means lowered hype and not gigantic content drought.
    They've said that there's content for the final stretch of Legion to prevent that from happening again, so we'll see.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Always trying to find the pattern.

"It's been always less than a year, so it must be less than year now as well!!!"

No, it will be whenever they feel like subs drop and they want to hype people back into the game.

The sooner we hear more news, the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC was announced 11 months into Vanilla.
    I doubt that. Can you pls like a source where TBC was announed in October 2015?

WotLK was announced 7 months into TBC.
    Cata was announced 9 months into WotLK.
    MoP was announced 10 months into Cata.
    WoD was announced 14 months into MoP.
    Legion was announced 9 months into WoD.
    If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then we'll be 15 months into Legion.
    It will be the longest wait for a new expansion reveal in WoW history.
    And that is a bad thing as you CLAIM, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakazu View Post
    World of Warcraft: Legion was released 30/8-2016. - Gamescon will start 23/08-2017
    How is that 15 months into Legion?
    Didnt you get the memo, silly? there is no xpac release at gamescon that is gonna happen at blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Because the expansion has been out for a year, 7.3 will wrap the story up and we pretty much know how the expansion ends now?
    #1 you silly dont know anything
    #2 how often do you silly need to be told that 7.3 doeswnt wrap up the story??? 7.3.5 will bring the raid and that wont be the last patch.....

- - - Updated - - -

Because the content available is terrible.
    in YOUR oppinion. you could always stop to play this terrible game....

If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then we'll be 15 months into Legion.

And on the other side, there are more content still coming to Legion, so the content patches isn´t over yet.

If they still add stuff for people to do, what does it matter if its 15 or 20month betwen expansions.

Deleted
    Legion was revealed at Gamescom...
    and that is the ONLY xpac that was ever revealed there because WOD was such a shit show and they had to do something FAST

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget that most of 7.2 content is garbage for me the lil'Hater.
    fixed that for you

Im not really excited for a new expansion. I don't think they have any interesting ideas left story wise. A south seas old gods jaina expansion sounds pretty boring. Legion has an interesting theme. I think the next expansion is going to be a bigger let down than cataclysm and warlords of draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It would match with their giving up on yearly expansions, I suppose. Hopefully this only means lowered hype and not gigantic content drought.
    They admitted it was a bad idea, and stopped it.

As well, can't really be considered a worry for content drought, as you have 2/3 patches to go. So, even so, could and should be announced at BlizzCon if anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Dude honestly I don't even want a new expansion at this point. Legion is awesome and I don't wanna give up my artifacts and order halls. I'm afraid that whatever's gonna come after, won't live up to what I've gotten used to in this amazing expac. The only thing that might satisfy me now would be race based order halls (since racial identity [lol that sounds wrong ...] has kind of been ignored a bit in favor of class identity recently. Which tbh, class identity seems a lot more important, but I also wouldn't mind some focus on my gnome / dwarf / night elf / etc culture and lore.
    Legion is pretty good overall. Hate all the bad class design though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    So where are we at with Legion then as of now? 12 Months right? On August 30th it will be exactly 12 months by Blizzon it would be 15... hmm...
    Yeah... that is what he said.... i mean...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I really hope we hear some news about the next expansion soon. Despite other people seeming to love the expansion, for me it's been the worst by far. Worse than WoD. I've played less than I did in WoD.

I full cleared TOS normal the first night with a pug and then full cleared it again the next 4 weeks with different pugs. I'm 930 ilvl just from pugs/PVP. I have no drive to do Heroic, because the last time I was in a progression guild I burned out faster than ever before. As soon as you're done progressing with Heroic, you get to do wipe on the exact same bosses for the 100th time to get maybe a few more ilvls.

But unfortunately in WoW, raids are increasingly the only content that actually matters to Blizzard. Heroics, PVP, Scenarios, Group Quests, story quests, all got pruned because Blizzard keeps pushing the notion that everything is about raids. Everything you do when you're not raiding, is a stepping stone towards raiding.

I used to love raiding back in BC/WOTLK/Cata because raiding was the END GAME. Not the ONLY GAME.
    You are 930 from normal raiding?
    can you link your armory please?
    also nothing is worse then wod
    nothing

does someone keep qouting me then deleting their posts >_>

fekkin stop, either dont qoute me, or dont delete your post minutes after
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-19 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the only expansion that has pissed me off enough to unsubscribe for more than a month. Something went wrong. I'm not just bored of legion, it actually makes me angry, which is why I stopped playing.

Every tiny thing seems to be designed to frustrate the living hell out of me. I gave the blasted expansion a dozen chances, the final straw that catapulted it to the worst expansion of all time list was how they handled the corrupted remembrance appearance for Ashbringer. Waiting for a mob that spawns every 24-48 hours at random is NOT FUN. AT ALL.

When I realized they just want us to nolife on shallow content to keep subscribed I quit. I would rather have had another year of WoD.
    Oddly enough, I love Legion and it unlike WoD kept me subbed for a year+ thus far. I will be unsubbing next month to play GW2 for a few months though and then come back and complete the last patch and collect some more skins.

Also, I logged in and went to the spot for the ooze and then logged out and went to work. I then logged back in afterwards and the ooze was there waiting. I also got the shard on the 7th cast. :P

I do agree that the ooze needs a faster spawn timer though.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-08-19 at 08:01 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Stop talking logic on this forum.

Seriously though, I think it will be announced at Gamescom for exactly that reason. You always have to think about the beta and how long that is gonna take, and if they announce it at Blizzcon, the time til the beta starts and the time of the beta... Argus will be out for about a year until the next expansion comes out... with how good Legion is going, do they really want that? They paced out the content so much, that would just not fit.
    Have you actually looked at the official schedule for Gamescom?
    There's no mention of a "What's Next" panel for WoW, or nothing like that whatsoever has been scheduled. It just cannot happen. Blizzcon it is.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Funny, it's one of the only hidden skins that felt creative AND still linked to the past as to how to acquire it.
    'Creative' all they did were follow some old rumours and then added their own stupid twist by adding a single-easily killed mob on one of the most agonising timers in history. If you were offline when it spawned, you missed the kill and had to wait another random amount of time (up to 48 hours) for a respawn.

If that's creative (it's not) then fuck creativity. I'd rather have bought it from a vendor if they think that nolifing was an acceptable way to obtain this appearance.

To make matters worse, a few months after I got it they updated the blood elf female weapon size and now the appearance is WORTHLESS. It's too big and clips through everything.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-19 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You ignored the fact that Legion's announcement was moved up for damage control... If you move that back to where it was supposed to have happened, then you arrive at a normal progression of time, and you realize that your hysterics are unfounded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It won't be 15 months it will be barely above 14.

August 30th to November 4th is 2 months 5 days. So not sure where 15 months comes from.
    it come from wanting to be dramatic and hysterical.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Have you actually looked at the official schedule for Gamescom?
    There's no mention of a "What's Next" panel for WoW, or nothing like that whatsoever has been scheduled. It just cannot happen. Blizzcon it is.
    There was no what's next panel for Gamescom 2015 either. That's because Gamescom usually doesn't have panels.

plus, if it is only first revealed at blizzcon, we're looking at one year+ of 7.3. Even if it goes right to public alpha after blizzon I don't see them release an expansion within less then 10 months after its first announcement.

'Creative' all they did were follow some old rumours and then added their own stupid twist by adding a single-easily killed mob on one of the most agonising timers in history. If you were offline when it spawned, you missed the kill and had to wait another random amount of time (up to 48 hours) for a respawn.

If that's creative (it's not) then fuck creativity. I'd rather have bought it from a vendor if they think that nolifing was an acceptable way to obtain this appearance.

To make matters worse, a few months after I got it they updated the blood elf female weapon size and now the appearance is WORTHLESS. It's too big and clips through everything.
    Compared to "Reach Exalted and Run a Dungeon for a Low Rate Drop", "Fight a World Boss for it to Drop" and "Kill a Raid Boss and hope it drops" it is indeed very creative.