Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played a few good ones this year, but this is the thinnest my games list has been in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why is it a problem that someones interest in gaming grew over time and stuck with them as a hobby?
    Extreme nerdery.

I doubt that. I cannot even name a single good game from 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or...people have different taste than you?

Seriously, every single person I see claiming this year sucks always ends up spouting the same thing basically, which ends up being "It's not my type of game".

Okay, just because I don't like Gears of War doesn't mean the game suddenly sucks.
    This is not taste, not at all. Remind me when was really good game release at least from 2012 - 2017? A game that might not got any controversy, bugs and other shit? Find it, and i will consider change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This is not taste, not at all. Remind me when was really good game release at least from 2012 - 2017? A game that might not got any controversy, bugs and other shit? Find it, and i will consider change my mind.
    Because every game before 2012 was always bug free right?

So no I won't count bug free into this list since it's biased since games before 2012 had issues and you damn well know it.

Witcher 3, Doom, Sonic Mania, FF14 ARR, Splatoon, Destiny, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, GTA 5, A fuckload of Telltale games, The Last of Us, Papers Please, Stardew Valley, Rayman Legends, Rouge Legacy, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Shadow of Mordor, Subnautica, Bloodborne, Rocket League, Overwatch, Project Cars, Undertale, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dishonored 2 and god knows what else.

Stop pretending games before 2012 didn't have any controversy or bugs. You know damn well they did and are being disingenuous saying otherwise.

Big Rigs, Daikatana, Seaman, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Mortal Kombat, Superman 64, Pokemon actually came under controversy over Jynx's original design, Postal, Tomb Raider because it had an adult mod, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Manhunt and Modern Warfare 2.

Oh and let's not forget the entire collection of Atari adult games that were banned from every store or hidden behind the counters. And the amount of shit LJN caused with NES players with movie based games that were either of poor quality or barely had nothing to do with the movie.

So yeah buggy and controversial games did exist way before 2012.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-19 at 06:16 PM.

If I have to list a single good game release in that large of a gap, then you haven't been playing games, period.

That is just a ridiculous request.

If I have to list a single good game release in that large of a gap, then you haven't been playing games, period.

It's ok Joe. I did it for you.

It's ok Joe. I did it for you.
    I saw that, thank you hah. Just gave me more reason to add a bit of sass, since the question was answered.

And I'm not sure how they're forgetting games having literally game breaking glitches that you were screwed out of back then, at least now it can be patched usually.

Like my dad couldn't be Turok 2, because one of the doors wouldn't properly unlock (The door would open, but there was like an invisible barrier stopping him). Had to use a gameshark to cheat past it in the end.

Ye I guess the Dota 2 and WoW updates have been pretty good this year.

I saw that, thank you hah. Just gave me more reason to add a bit of sass, since the question was answered.
    Tee hee. I just find it amusing how people go on about bugs and controversy in games today yet back then there was fuck loads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Ye I guess the Dota 2 and WoW updates have been pretty good this year.
    WoW ones for sure. I've been enjoying myself in 7.2 and raiding. Of course not the only MMO I play. Still considering whether to get the new GW2 expansion.

Tee hee. I just find it amusing how people go on about bugs and controversy in games today yet back then there was fuck loads.
    I keep trying to think of other examples besides the Turok one, but Battletoads keeps popping up again.

I keep trying to think of other examples besides the Turok one, but Battletoads keeps popping up again.
    Well I was born in 1993 so most of the stuff I know comes from collecting and reading up on.

I don't recall any controversy with Battletoads however or bugs. I just remember getting so pissed on 2 player that you could kill the other character.

The best game of the year so far is hands down "Horizon Zero Dawn"!! A masterpiece :P finally my money on ps4 got worthwhile
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Well I was born in 1993 so most of the stuff I know comes from collecting and reading up on.

I don't recall any controversy with Battletoads however or bugs. I just remember getting so pissed on 2 player that you could kill the other character.
    1992 here, so in the same boat.
    But I swear Battletoads was literally unbeatable if you tried playing 2 players.

Checking it up, it made the game nearly unbeatable, not completely so though-
    https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/9/892...eplay-xbox-one

The Witcher 3

15+ Year Old Account

Don't engage with somebody on a game forum that doesn't like games. What a waste of a hobby for him.

1992 here, so in the same boat.
    But I swear Battletoads was literally unbeatable if you tried playing 2 players.

Checking it up, it made the game nearly unbeatable, not completely so though-
    https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/9/892...eplay-xbox-one
    Oh I've beaten it on 2 player. It involved a bit of physical violence between me and my friend but we beat it

And yes it is extremely solid. The worst part is the 2nd stage where you are a pendulum. Swing and hit your 2nd player then that's it they lose a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    The best game of the year so far is hands down "Horizon Zero Dawn"!! A masterpiece :P finally my money on ps4 got worthwhile
    Has to be Sonic Mania for me right now.

I can't believe how amazing it is. And it's made by independent fans of the game but published by Sega. It's a true spiritual successor to Knuckles imo. Great stages, great music and amazing boss fights.

The special stage is a brilliant hybrid throwback to Sonic CD with a bit of Knuckles thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    Speaking of bugs one game came into my mind who remember that Elder Scrolls Oblivion bug where the npc will never ever take the herb that will cure your vampirism transformation hahaha damn that was some nasty bug where you will almost get stuck forever in that save file playthrough as a vampire!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The Witcher 3
    If you try say here, that Dragon Age 2 - Inqusition got far better storylines, pls go away from me.

The only ridiclous thing i see, is saying that is nothing wrong with supporting greed. And i swear, if someone will make game, where i will see that Hitler did nothing wrong. Gaming Industry is done and crisis must definetly happend.

Because every game before 2012 was always bug free right?

So no I won't count bug free into this list since it's biased since games before 2012 had issues and you damn well know it.

Witcher 3, Doom, Sonic Mania, FF14 ARR, Splatoon, Destiny, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, GTA 5, A fuckload of Telltale games, The Last of Us, Papers Please, Stardew Valley, Rayman Legends, Rouge Legacy, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Shadow of Mordor, Subnautica, Bloodborne, Rocket League, Overwatch, Project Cars, Undertale, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dishonored 2 and god knows what else.

Stop pretending games before 2012 didn't have any controversy or bugs. You know damn well they did and are being disingenuous saying otherwise.

Big Rigs, Daikatana, Seaman, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Mortal Kombat, Superman 64, Pokemon actually came under controversy over Jynx's original design, Postal, Tomb Raider because it had an adult mod, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Manhunt and Modern Warfare 2.

Oh and let's not forget the entire collection of Atari adult games that were banned from every store or hidden behind the counters. And the amount of shit LJN caused with NES players with movie based games that were either of poor quality or barely had nothing to do with the movie.

So yeah buggy and controversial games did exist way before 2012.
    This was example peroid of time, because before 2012 games was far better. Yep they got bugs or controversies, but there were not a bullshit like now.

If you try say here, that Dragon Age 2 - Inqusition got far better storylines, pls go away from me.

The only ridiclous thing i see, is saying that is nothing wrong with supporting greed. And i swear, if someone will make game, where i will see that Hitler did nothing wrong. Gaming Industry is done and crisis must definetly happend.

This was example peroid of time, because before 2012 games was far better. Yep they got bugs or controversies, but there were not a bullshit like now.
    Uhm yes there was bullshit. I listed you some games.

Daikatana is one of the biggest games in that list.

And what was better is subjective. Not objective. Don't pretend there are not games after 2012 that aren't highly received just because you dislike them.

You were given a list of games post 2012 that are considered amazing, bestsellers or high review scores.

You were given a list of games pre 2012 that were bad, controversial or full of bullshit. Don't blame us because apparently games pre 2012 aren't full of bullshit yet they were.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-19 at 07:24 PM.