Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The Supreme Court also said black people are legally an inherently inferior class of beings.

Is =/= ought.
    Yup and then the same supreme court made slavery illegal. Shit changed. The US's definition of freedom of speech hasn't. Even if *you* don't like it, that doesn't mean shit because the highest courts in the US say that hate speech is protected. End of story on that one.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    No. They are entirely dependent on totalitarianism (of some type or other) to be implemented, and most likely to even stay alive after implementation. In theory perhaps not, but that's the only place as wel - in reality that sort of communism can never be implemented on a large scale, and it's more than a little naive to think it can. I see no fault in judging something due to practical reality, instead of theoretical construct.
    In which case it wasn't communism.

You don't get to make up new definitions of words because the English language disagrees with your popular mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BajPally View Post
    How is is not inequality? It's okay for one group of people, but I'm literally Hitler if I do it.

Lenin/Stalin/Mao was still a terrible guy, and millions died from their genocide.
    Why is it not OK for you do do it? Is there a law against it? Or, are you just upset that someone's words hurt your sensibilities?

I get it, you want to feel like a victim.

They were terrible guys, I'm not trying to argue they are not. You were the one who was trying to be a Holocaust apologist.

What part of neo-Nazism do you support?

Hitler was still a terrible guy, and millions died from his genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Yup and then the same supreme court made slavery illegal. Shit changed. The US's definition of freedom of speech hasn't. Even if *you* don't like it, that doesn't mean shit because the highest courts in the US say that hate speech is protected. End of story on that one.
    Congress made slavery illegal, not the Supreme Court.

And, fun fact, the US' definition of 'free speech' has changed significantly over two and a half centuries.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    When they spread Nazi propaganda they don't.

Cheers,
    Germany
    Stop masquerading as a German when you are clearly a native English speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and the less government you have the less chance you will have it or a much small body count
    Which is why I do not support such an authoritarian administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All forms of government leads to mass murder.
    I certainly do not agree with that statement. And the point was that both nazism and communism stands out, as being particularly murderous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Because Europe is such an oppressive Orwellian hellhole.

I think the better question here is "Why do Americans think they are special and better than every other human on the planet."
    Having 1/4th of the worldwide prison population helps or the highest crime rate among western countries, that is also fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Stop masquerading as a German when you are clearly a native English speaker.
    Is it so strange to you for a german to type in English?

and the less government you have the less chance you will have it or a much small body count
    Tell that to Somalia.

I think the better question here is "Why do Americans think they are special and better than every other human on the planet."
    Manifest Destiny was pounded into our heads. Along with other bullshit like "Be whatever you want" and "The people in government are there to help the citizenry".

And then there's a heaping dose of sad losers that haven't experienced any form of hardship to the point where they will sell their collective souls for the chance to get at whatever FotM other needs attacking.

FFS, they've made it so standing up for yourself is seen as a pussy move.

In which case it wasn't communism.

You don't get to make up new definitions of words because the English language disagrees with your popular mythology.
    I don't really mind calling them non-communist nations, as long as we then declare that communism does not exist outside of theory, and never can large scale. Whoever thinks it can, has to abide by the fact that the Soviet Union and Maoist China are indeed quite good examples of communism in practice. In my opinion, there is little point in coming up with a political definition that doesn't really have any implementation what-so-ever...

Quote Originally Posted by BajPally View Post
    I can assure you that most people I know hate the Stormfront/White Power people. They are not equal to people who are just proud of being white.
    Proud of being white is one of the greatest sins to the left. The reason the left is so quick to label opponents Nazi, fascists, racist is because to them that is the greatest of all insult. The irony of course, is that they hate white people so much that they have become what they despise. The self loathing of the left has become a tragicomedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind calling them non-communist nations, as long as we then declare that communism does not exist outside of theory, and never can large scale. Whoever thinks it can, has to abide by the Soviet Union and Maoist China being quite good examples of the communism in practice. In my opinion, there is little point in coming up with a political definition that doesn't really have any implementation what-so-ever...
    Nobody is disputing that communism is unfeasible beyond village level populations, except maybe the alt-righters on this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Congress made slavery illegal, not the Supreme Court.

And, fun fact, the US' definition of 'free speech' has changed significantly over two and a half centuries.
    Cool and again take the time to read the article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rst-amendment/

June of 2017. Hate speech is protected. The. End. Either all speech is free or none of it is. That is what is used as the basis in the court of law and that's how it will be handled in the US.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Proud of being white is one of the greatest sins to the left. The reason the left is so quick to label opponents Nazi, fascists, racist is because to them that is the greatest of all insult. The irony of course, is that they hate white people so much that they have become what they despise. The self loathing of the left has become a tragicomedy.
    Which is why the left wing is typically the ones in favor of funding the arts, you know, the chief means of cultural expression and point of pride for white people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Cool and again take the time to read the article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rst-amendment/

June of 2017. Hate speech is protected. The. End. Either all speech is free or none of it is. That is what is used as the basis in the court of law and that's how it will be handled in the US.
    An is argument is not an ought argument, as said.

Do you understand why "gay pride" and "black pride" are actually, you know, things?
    I don't think we are any better
    we are traveling down the same totalitarian road of an ever expanding government power over our lives we are just a decade or two behind

Especially when plenty of countries do Freedom better than 'Murica.

Yes thank you Andy Anarchist.
    I'm not an anarchist, merely pointing out the inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we are any better
    we are traveling down the same totalitarian road of an ever expanding government power over our lives we are just a decade or two behind
    If the US is going to end up like Europe in twenty years, thank fucking god.

I certainly do not agree with that statement. And the point was that both nazism and communism stands out, as being particularly murderous.
    They are particularly violent. I don't see any forms of government that are not very capable of such deeds.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it is next to impossible to explain true freedoms and liberties to another that for generations never really ever had it
    So, does that mean you oppose pushing strict limits on immigration, as this administration is trying to do?