Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    'Creative' all they did were follow some old rumours and then added their own stupid twist by adding a single-easily killed mob on one of the most agonising timers in history. If you were offline when it spawned, you missed the kill and had to wait another random amount of time (up to 48 hours) for a respawn.

If that's creative (it's not) then fuck creativity. I'd rather have bought it from a vendor if they think that nolifing was an acceptable way to obtain this appearance.

To make matters worse, a few months after I got it they updated the blood elf female weapon size and now the appearance is WORTHLESS. It's too big and clips through everything.
    I spent less time getting corrupted ashbringer than I have spent trying to get DH tank hidden skin or outlaw rogue hidden skin.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You ignored the fact that Legion's announcement was moved up for damage control... If you move that back to where it was supposed to have happened, then you arrive at a normal progression of time, and you realize that your hysterics are unfounded.
    Everyone says that, but Blizzard never has. It's just an agreed-upon accepted fact by the community, except it's not a fact. But in any event, the OP is completely right that this will be the longest wait into an expansion for the next reveal. If it was revealed at Gamescom it would still be longer than usual, but not excessively long like the wait we're going to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It will most likely be teased and we'd know the name, but nothing much else and they'd leave the rest for Blizzcon. They hype people up and make them go to Blizzcon to learn the rest. It's a win-win.
    they did with legion remember they showed trailer with guldan finding illidan
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Everyone says that, but Blizzard never has. It's just an agreed-upon accepted fact by the community, except it's not a fact. But in any event, the OP is completely right that this will be the longest wait into an expansion for the next reveal. If it was revealed at Gamescom it would still be longer than usual, but not excessively long like the wait we're going to have.
    And so it will be the longest wait, how utterly tragic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    they did with legion remember they showed trailer with guldan finding illidan
    You mean the trailer that they debuted at Gamescom 2015 right before they announced Legion at Gamescom in 2015?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people are freaking and screaming of a content drought when we were literally are getting fed new content every 77 days and with 7.3 dropping in the next 10 or so days you will have a 7.3.5 to look forward too as well and who knows mayne they'll pull a secret 7.4 out as well but not include a new raid tier and instead some other form of content.

This is the first time Blizzard has been on a very good schedule for content patches throughout an entire expansion, there is no way in hell they will put us in a 7-10 month statis. It might be 10 months without expansion but I am sure they'll fill those months with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I don't understand why people are freaking and screaming of a content drought when we were literally are getting fed new content every 77 days and with 7.3 dropping in the next 10 or so days you will have a 7.3.5 to look forward too as well and who knows mayne they'll pull a secret 7.4 out as well but not include a new raid tier and instead some other form of content.

This is the first time Blizzard has been on a very good schedule for content patches throughout an entire expansion, there is no way in hell they will put us in a 7-10 month statis. It might be 10 months without expansion but I am sure they'll fill those months with something else.
    We also have PVP seasons 5, 6, and 7 to get thru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Compared to "Reach Exalted and Run a Dungeon for a Low Rate Drop", "Fight a World Boss for it to Drop" and "Kill a Raid Boss and hope it drops" it is indeed very creative.
    I would have preferred all of those.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Oddly enough, I love Legion and it unlike WoD kept me subbed for a year+ thus far. I will be unsubbing next month to play GW2 for a few months though and then come back and complete the last patch and collect some more skins.

Also, I logged in and went to the spot for the ooze and then logged out and went to work. I then logged back in afterwards and the ooze was there waiting. I also got the shard on the 7th cast. :P

I do agree that the ooze needs a faster spawn timer though.
    Gratz man, also server hopping makes getting the ooze EZ
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah... that is what he said.... i mean...?

- - - Updated - - -

You are 930 from normal raiding?
    can you link your armory please?
    also nothing is worse then wod
    nothing
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rkspear/heylin

That's my raid set optimized for maximum Haste. My PVP set consists of mostly 930-945 ilvl. Both PVP trinkets I have are 945.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rkspear/heylin

That's my raid set optimized for maximum Haste. My PVP set consists of mostly 930-945 ilvl. Both PVP trinkets I have are 945.
    So your only 930 if you wear a bunch of horribleness
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I would have preferred all of those.
    Making me especially glad you have no hand in the development of WoW. There's too much of that lazy attitude in the game as it is, trying to remove whatever originality/creativity/uniqueness is in the game would be a surefire way to lose more subs than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Making me especially glad you have no hand in the development of WoW. There's too much of that lazy attitude in the game as it is, trying to remove whatever originality/creativity/uniqueness is in the game would be a surefire way to lose more subs than ever before.
    There's no originality, creativity or uniqueness in nolifing a spawn point for a mob. I hope whoever thought up that fucking spawn timer suffers greatly in some form at some point in their life.

That one part alone was enough to completely butcher the quest, whoever thought it up should have lost their job. WoW is supposed to be fun, not torture.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-20 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Which is more than fine. All ya'all all need to find more hobbies(or get a job).
    true wow is not life its a game you go with your life if there is a new expansion return to play it

I just don't want a reveal at Gamescom. Proper reveal at Blizzcon, pretty please. Doesn't matter if it's the longest wait, I really couldn't care less.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I just don't want a reveal at Gamescom. Proper reveal at Blizzcon, pretty please. Doesn't matter if it's the longest wait, I really couldn't care less.
    Gamescom event dedicated to WoW would be more "proper" than Blizzcon. Legion reveal was amazing.

Sadly, no matter what will happen at Gamescom, that's already off the table, since Blizzard has single reveal panel for all their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Gamescom event dedicated to WoW would be more "proper" than Blizzcon. Legion reveal was amazing.

Sadly, no matter what will happen at Gamescom, that's already off the table, since Blizzard has single reveal panel for all their games.
    Naa, not my cup, Blizzcon reveals are much more awsome. From what I've heard the Gamescom reveal will be something about patch 7.3. I miss those days when Chris Metzen got us all pumped on the stage. Aw, I miss Metzen and his emotional speeches.

Compared to him all the other dudes seem like robots...

I think the Legion announcement was one of the worst. I don't know, the Blizzcon announcements always felt bigger, better. Maybe rose-colored glasses but I really like the stuff they can do at Blizzcon when announcing an expansion. It's their convention, they can do whatever they want. And I really loved it, especially the Cataclysm announcement.

A WoW focus on Gamescom feels weird. Overwatch and Diablo are much more catering to the masses than WoW that's why I think those franchises belong to Gamescom the most and WoW, Starcraft and HS to Blizzcon. Overall the playerbase for OW and D3 seems to be bigger and appeal to a wider audience.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Doubt that a lot. Can you imagine the backlash if all people got was the name and a list of features without any detail.

A full announcement presentation with a Q&A I could go for as it would give people something to mull over and also give Blizzard feedback prior to Blizzcon. (I do not think there will be an announcement about the expansion at Gamescom, I'm just noting why i think it would have been a good idea).

I think they pushed the announcement for Legion up their schedule (and hence at Gamescom) because of the dumpster fire WOD turned into, but I do think it worked to hype Blizzcon more than they imagined it would
    On the other hand, if they feel Legion is doing well for itself, the last thing they'd want to do is steal 7.3's thunder with an expansion announcement at Gamescom except for something minor to get the hype machine rolling.

Personally, I don't foresee an announcement before Blizzcon.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Naa, not my cup, Blizzcon reveals are much more awsome. From what I've heard the Gamescom reveal will be something about patch 7.3. I miss those days when Chris Metzen got us all pumped on the stage. Aw, I miss Metzen and his emotional speeches.

Compared to him all the other dudes seem like robots...
    I like Ion a lot. He explains things very well and admit when they make a mistake (or at least when they think they make a mistake). At least he is much better than Chilton. Afrasabi and Feasel are also alright.

And last time Metzen was presenting WoW... it wasn't very good (Blizzcon 2015). He sound tired and it really felt he had nothing to do with WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the Legion announcement was one of the worst.
    I don't think many people share your opinion. I remember how people were hyped for Legion after this, despite that it was one of the worst times in WoW history. Trailer was amazing, we got a lot of info and surprisingly not a single feature from reveal was scrapped.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-08-20 at 01:03 PM.

I like Ion a lot. He explains things very well and admit when they make a mistake (or at least when they think they make a mistake). At least he is much better than Chilton. Afrasabi and Feasel are also alright.

And last time Metzen was presenting WoW... it wasn't very good (Blizzcon 2015). He sound tired and it really felt he had nothing to do with WoW anymore.
    I'm not saying Ion is bad, he and the other guys just can't convey excitement and emotion very well imo. What I am missing with them is heart and soul.

And Metzen actually WAS TIRED. He admitted later that he had been suffering from burn out and anxiety issues for a while, he was really on medication because of that. That was the reason he retired from Blizzard.