Voters
753. This poll is closed
  • Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They could add a single character level 90 tome on the BMAH sort of like the tome for pandaland. Other than that there's no reason to remove the requirements for wod flying. If you want it put the effort in like the rest of us. Otherwise, just move on to legion content.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2017-08-19 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    I actually completely forgot that new/returning players would have this problem.
    But yes, even though I got my flying in WoD when it was still relevant, I do agree the flying restriction should be removed, or at least given the option to be purchased. Cannot see much point of it anymore other than just an annoyance to anyone who has to level from 1-110.
    People who are arguing that people need to go back and "do the work" are being extremely short sighted, as is Blizzard with the entire facade of the pathfinder achieves which are nothing more than a glossing over of what they are really doing. Making everything take longer so their MAU metrics increase. Players who "did the work" when WoD was playable, did it as part of playing the expansion which is a bonus in and of itself. Going back and grinding out prior expac content just to be able to level through it more pleasantly is just really really unnecessary. They removed attunements from raids and dungeons that people "worked" for and the game is still here.

Nobody is going to go back and grind a bunch of shit for flying for every expac and after this idiotic model is in place for 4 expacs, then people will either pay to boost around or they will finally see the shit blizzard is pulling for what it is and opt out of spending their free time to be a boost to wall street's favorite gaming company statistic of the moment.

Deleted
    Buy Legion Medallions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    WoD was designed to do quests and get around in WITHOUT a flying mount. Flying mount there is a privilege, not a right (unlike the larger zones of the previous expansions).

So no, they shouldn't just give it to you for nearly nothing like they do in previous expansions.
    There is no such thing as privileges or rights in a video game that you pay for, there is less profitable and more profitable and there is either long term profit or short term profit. In the short term it may look profitable to Blizzard to force people to spend more time in game traveling, but in the long term the game's enjoyment level goes down after riding through the same zone for the thousandth time on a ground mount. The sum total equation that players look at is: "is the game in the long run enjoyable enough to justify my enduring all these grinds..." millions in WoD said no and its looking like millions more in Legion are saying the same. Think what you want about whether or not those people leaving matter to you, if the number goes low enough, development dollars will be spent on a more profitable game.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2017-08-19 at 08:34 PM.

If Blizzard doesn't want their old content revisited by players who didn't play through it and get the achievement for it already, then so be it. Let it never be seen by those that never played WoD; it is Blizzard's loss actually. Instead of inventing ways for players to revisit old content, they are actually repulsing the notion lol

The "I've got it and you can't get it easier than I did" mentality is so prevalent here, it's unbelievable. Blizzard should then also bring back raid attunements and vanilla/TBC rep farm requirements too, so whoever played WoD, but didn't play classic/TBC, can also go on a majestic rep farm to unlock a piece of obsolete content. In addition to this, whoever didn't level their character in classic WoW should recieve their first mount at level 40 and shouldn't be able to que in dungeon finder to level because others leveled through questing; quivers for hunters should be mandatory. Yeah, that is the mentality being passed on in this thread; don't let someone else have something because they didn't have to go through the content that you did.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-08-19 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    If Blizzard doesn't want their old content revisited by players who didn't play through it and get the achievement for it already, then so be it. Let it never be seen by those that never played WoD; it is Blizzard's loss actually. Instead of inventing ways for players to revisit old content, they are actually repulsing the notion lol

The "I've got it and you can't get it easier than I did" mentality is so prevalent here, it's unbelievable. Blizzard should then also bring back raid attunements and vanilla/TBC rep farm requirements too, so whoever played WoD, but didn't play classic/TBC, can also go on a majestic rep farm to unlock a piece of obsolete content. In addition to this, whoever didn't level their character in classic WoW should recieve their first mount at level 40 and shouldn't be able to que in dungeon finder to level because others leveled through questing; quivers for hunters should be mandatory. Yeah, that is the mentality being passed on in this thread; don't let someone else have something because they didn't have to go through the content that you did.
    I'm glad somebody gets it. Especially the bolded part. It's the type of community that Blizzard fosters by abandoning parts of the game under the thin guise of creating exclusivity to promote short-term participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    WoD was designed to do quests and get around in WITHOUT a flying mount. Flying mount there is a privilege, not a right (unlike the larger zones of the previous expansions).

So no, they shouldn't just give it to you for nearly nothing like they do in previous expansions.
    Exactly. New expansion like WOD and Legion have questing and leveling without flying in mind. It's easy to lvl up without it. Flying is just a bonus for those who done the content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

it's the oposite they want you to have a reason to go back and do stuff. Instead lets go to WOD to farm for mounts and give a fuck to quests or whatsoever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Good God, even after another expansion is released, WoD flying has to infect these forums.

And WHY is this even an issue? Just do the mass Bonus Objective turn-in + 300% exp potion like any sane person and be done with 90-100 in like 4-5 hours in total. I mean that's all leveling has become, a race to the finish to be cleared as fast as possible. It's not like any part of leveling is challenging you as a player anyway.

The high prevalence of "I dislike it therefore I should be allowed to skip it" in this community is a good reason why game design is not a democracy. Especially not in power-progression games like MMORPGs. Okay then, you refuse to get the acc-wide pathfinder achi... well guess you won't be able to reap the rewards then. Things tend to work that way. If anything, drop the Rep requirements.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Just got it recently ( WoD was the only expansion i didn't play ), the 100 treasures was the most tedious part (even with addons) the rest was a breeze including the rep as i bought legion medallions.

Since it rewards a mount the achievement should stay imo.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2017-08-20 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, okay, they can make it purchasable. 250k apexis should be a fair price I presume.
    That's literally nothing and wouldn't take any time at all. Heck I still have 175k on my main and that was after buying all the stuff in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    The devs never even had the intention to take flying away - just thought about what would fit best for an unlocking mechanism.

To give a taste of my proposition: After you have reached the max level for that particular expansion, a quest opens up in your adventure journal.

"Take to the Skies" - Speak with your riding trainer to obtain a the flying skill
    Single player Scenario:
    -Chapter 1 the skies of Azeroth - go to your capital city and enlist a flying city guard for the first time: defeat spawned enemies, capture objectives and learn to control your flying mount -
    -Chapter 2: Explore the World: you are sent out to different points in Azeroth and need to either deliver something or help with a threat at that flight master point - you get to feed the flying mounts and bond with them like petting them on the head and so on. you get sent out to multiple points.
    After you complete this scenario you get a basic flying mount and the flying skill for Azeroth.

Then Dangers of the 'Twisting Nether" opens up:
    -Go to Outland and learn to fly in a hostile environment
    you get to defeat voidwalkers for void essence. With this void essence you imbue your mount tto be able to resist the pull of the Twisting Nether.
    After you imbued enough essence you get sent out to various points - some even on the edge of the Nether to train your mount in flying better: go through loops, resist chaotic visions and defeat foes while there.
    After completing this, Outland flying unlocks.

And so on and so forth on Northrend - the icy winds, Cataclysm zones where the elements are harshest: that in particular you need to fight the low high gravitational pull in Deepholm, the scorching desert climate in Uldum, The fiery skies in Mount Hyjal, Survive underwater in Vashj'ir, and the Twilights hammer in Twilight Highlands. After that the mists in Pandaria etc.

Once a quest link from this chain is completed a by a character, it unlocks flying for all other characters on the account for all zones of that expansion.
    This system is much more in tune with the unlocks, and offers a fun alternative to grinding
    Is it just me or isn't this more work, having to do ridiculous quest chains/scenarios for EACH expansion [6+] that, when all in all combined, would be more time/energy/effort than simply unlocking Draenor flying?

"lol I wanna have to do long ass quests chains to unlock my 60% ground mount!"

Like you legitimately just tried to replace a ton of rocks with a ton of feathers. It's the same weight...

-----------------

Edit: I don't think that pathfinder needs to go away but with leveling speeds increasing in older zones, you spend less time than you would otherwise so I could see the requirements being toned down, namely completing 6 assaults instead of 12, completing X amount of Draenor quests and/or finishing a zone instead of completing all zones, 50 treasures instead of 100 (maybe include Tanaan jungle) and raising rep to honor instead of revered.

So you'd still have to see all the content had to offer, you just wouldn't have to spend so long grinding rep or assaults or looking for treasure and it's a reasonable amount of stuff that you could finish it on a playthrough
    Last edited by Sparklelord; 2017-08-20 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    it's the oposite they want you to have a reason to go back and do stuff. Instead lets go to WOD to farm for mounts and give a fuck to quests or whatsoever!
    Which is the same way dungeon finder treats leveling, so does that mean dungeon finder shouldn't be available to everyone? By this logic, dungeon finder should be available only to those who have completed all classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP quests on one of their characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tell me again about the value of the "reward" of being able to fly only after you've already done all the content, and there's virtually nothing of interest left to use flying on? (this gon be gud)
    If there is nothing to be done after you done the pathfinder achivement you clearly dont do all content and dont need flying anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    People play the game differently.
    But they are not making less content on the contrary and they even reward you for doing the content they designed.
    Before: pay money on every toon to fly.
    Now: Do the content once and fly with EVERY toon without any paying

So yes the pathfinder system is waaaay better.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the type of community that Blizzard fosters by abandoning parts of the game under the thin guise of creating exclusivity to promote short-term participation.
    Bullshit. they just dont want the retards anymore do all content and then quit for month, claiming "there is no more content" and that is what is pathfinder for and works perfectly.

btw the new play example is bullshit cause they would be used to not be able to fly cause they cant fly in pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    If there is nothing to be done after you done the pathfinder achivement you clearly dont do all content and dont need flying anyway.
    Oh look! Circular logic! How TOTALLY unexpected. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Bullshit. they just dont want the retards anymore do all content and then quit for month, claiming "there is no more content" and that is what is pathfinder for and works perfectly.
    Because flying mounts do the content for you now, right? I mean, as soon as I get my flying mount, I don't even have to play anymore. I can just land in an area and it will run around and kill everything, collect all the loot, and even turn in the quest for me! Hell, flying mounts even pay my subscription fee too!!! /sarcasm(in case you missed it)

Oh look! Circular logic! How TOTALLY unexpected. /facepalm
    Well, then riddle me this. If you don't want to do WoD content, what do you need WoD flying for?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I think they should make it as Pandaria has. Hit max level for that expansion and get flying.
    You realize how silly it is ? People who finished leveling in Pandaria won't get back to this zone ever again (unless for achievement and stuffs). I have probably more than 5 alts that doesn't have the flying ability for this expansion. And probably more that hasn't explored every part of pandaria but the main account.

If I didn't have the aviana's feather, I probably wouldn't bother leveling in WoD and hit LFG until I hit 98.

I'm surprised to see a lot of nay-sayer though... T_T

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, then riddle me this. If you don't want to do WoD content, what do you need WoD flying for?
    We want flying mount to finish the quests faster ? It's not fun to run back and forth when you've alreadly finished that quest with all of your previous alts.
    Most of the WoD players are just leveling as fast as they can in order to play with their friend in Legion. There's almost nobody who play in WoD.
    I don't have the Pathfinder because I quit 1 month or 2 after WoD came out because this necessary grind was a big joke. I simply didn't have fun.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-08-20 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    They should leave it for those who like hunting achievements, but maybe make it purschable also.
    It will be purchasable, sort of, just like it is now with reps from BC to Mop : via Timiewalker tokens.
    I am pretty sure at some point in the 8.x extension they will add Draenor in the mix.

Deleted
    Because flying mounts do the content for you now, right?
    Are you SERIOUSLY that DUMB that you LIE and CLAIM flying does NOT speeds up questing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I don't have the Pathfinder because I quit 1 month or 2 after WoD came out because this necessary grind was a big joke.
    If you dont like the grinds this game AINT for you. be happy you didnt played vanilla cause with attitude you wouldnt have survived one week.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-22 at 02:40 PM.

As someone who suffered through all of WoD on land, I agree that they should remove the requirement and just give it to you at 110. There's NO good reason to keep it when you hit Level 110.

The only benefit to actually doing the achievement (besides the points) should be if you want to level alts quickly through Draenor. It's nothing but inhibiting for people who are 110 and don't want to waste all that time in old crap content just to get to old raids quicker.

PS: I have it. I did all of it. I don't want others to have to suffer through it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It needs to go, it's outdated content by now. They should either replace it with buying flying on every character for 5K gold or include Draenor flying in the current pathfinder.
    Yeah, this. Maybe buyable rep tokens.