Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Ughh this episode sucked. The writing has gone downhill lately.
    Let the whinning begin!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Because it's a fantasy trope of two good-hearted people ruling for the good of the kingdom and yay everything will work out!
    While I agree their meeting was a bit cliché and boring, ''everything will work out'' seems supremely unlikely given the series we're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Let the whinning begin!
    Do you not agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was upsetting. There was a lot of deus ex machina there (et tu Benjen?) but man the way Drogon and Rhaegal screeched at Vis.

If winter doesn't work out for the NK, at least he has a future doing endorsements for Nike for his mad javelin skills.

Getting past that bit of grief, a wight dragon is going to be pretty freakin' interesting. I hope we at least get a peek at what it's capable of in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    There's a difference between talking about aired episodes the second after they aired and talking about leaked episodes. A spoiler free thread would be a thread where I can't talk about the episode until 1 week later.
    At least this thread used to be like that last time around.
    technically 7x06 wasn't leaked, leaked implies it was released via 3rd party before it officially release. But 7x06 was aired accidentally by HBO prematurely, they done goofed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post

Getting past that bit of grief, a wight dragon is going to be pretty freakin' interesting. I hope we at least get a peek at what it's capable of in the finale.
    It better breathe blue fire!

Remember the Lich King raid in World of Warcraft with the ice dragon by the stairs?

I hope they reference fight with the Night King shouting, "Suffer as your magic betrays you!" and like Jon is frozen in a block of ice.

Laugh out loud.

Getting the wight was as stupid as it looked. The fight see versus many wights was not climatic and the typical the are not really a threat. I understand the "hero" concept of not dying to a random mob.

Speaking of this random leak shit that I don't want to know. I watched one and it was a suppose "speculation", but this person was nailing it. Even got the uncle Benjin part. Yes its on me, but no more.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Because it's a fantasy trope of two good-hearted people ruling for the good of the kingdom and yay everything will work out!
    Everything is a trope even your precious "everything is shit". Two good-hearted people who love ruling for the good of the kingdom has happened before

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...ys_I_Targaryen

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_V_Targaryen

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.ph...n_II_Targaryen To we don'r really know his relationship with is wife.

Not saying that that will be jon and dany, Dany will probably die in child birth, but that's because grrm has said things will be bittersweet not dark and shitty, you really don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, most of the writing seemed ok.

My question is...HOW LONG were they standing on that rock with zombies all around them. Long enough for a raven to get from the wall to Dragonstone - Dany to think about what to do - and then for her to fly back up north? Isn't that like a 2000 mile trip each way? Even if we ignore any stops either the raven or dragons might need to make, that's still a fuckton of time.
    Some people are saying it was at least 24 hours. Seems about right from what I remember.

No clue how far the wall is from dragonstone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Remember the Lich King raid in World of Warcraft with the ice dragon by the stairs?

I hope they reference fight with the Night King shouting, "Suffer as your magic betrays you!" and like Jon is frozen in a block of ice.

Laugh out loud.
    Oh yeah! Dragging the dragon out by chains was dumb.

Would have been incredible if rezzed and busted up thru the ice. I guess not enough money for the ice dragon budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It better breathe blue fire!
    I think there is a quest for that.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Oh yeah! Dragging the dragon out by chains was dumb.

Would have been incredible if rezzed and busted up thru the ice. I guess not enough money for the ice dragon budget.
    I just watched the "Inside the Episode" they thought it would be an extra emotional spike to show the dead dragon being pulled from the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, most of the writing seemed ok.

My question is...HOW LONG were they standing on that rock with zombies all around them. Long enough for a raven to get from the wall to Dragonstone - Dany to think about what to do - and then for her to fly back up north? Isn't that like a 2000 mile trip each way? Even if we ignore any stops either the raven or dragons might need to make, that's still a fuckton of time.
    Something close to 2 days, apparently. Dany got there when it was getting dark. And they sure spent the first night on the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I just watched the "Inside the Episode" they thought it would be an extra emotional spike to show the dead dragon being pulled from the water.
    Yeah. I can see that, but you saw him get hit and then crash violently. I was awed. Everyone has their emotional threshold.

I already predict the kind of complains people are going to make. Or at the least jokes, much like Rickon one. But here's a thought:

Pay attention to what Dany says right at the beginning about heroes. Then, think about what everyone did in that episode. That was pretty much the episodes theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah. I can see that, but you saw him get hit and then crash violently. I was awed. Everyone has their emotional threshold.
    Yea, there was so much blood. Hit me right in the heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Do you not agree?
    Give us some detailed explanation as to why it sucked coz from my pov there was realy nothing wrong with this episode, ive noticed that with every episode people start to nitpick more and more.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    I wanted the dragon to start flying and breath frost/ice. But it was ok the way they did it.

Ever since the 'Hardhome' episode I get the feeling they're big fans of the Lich King, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was so sad when the dragon died.

Wait, the flaming swords during the bear attack. Werent Toros and Baric the only Brotherhood members there? Who'd the bear knock out of the way?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I farted toward the end of the episode and it smelled really bad. But overall, I loved this episode. So sad that it's only got 1 more and then it's another year of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wait, the flaming swords during the bear attack. Werent Toros and Baric the only Brotherhood members there? Who'd the bear knock out of the way?
    Not remembering what happened exactly on that scene, but I thought it was just Beric if Thoros was on the floor. But it's possible one of the extras were from the Brotherhood.