Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Tbh the only thing im getting tired of is people trying to debunk theories about how and why like a raven flying 1000 miles an hour to make it to winterfell and dragonstone and where the NK got his chains from, i mean cmon let loose a bit and just watch the show and accept that not everything makes sense sometimes

The only thing i couldnt deal with was him going after viserion instead of drogon but i accepted it for whatever reason D&D have.
    It's not just the raven, come on.

Gendry ran the whole distance to the wall --> a raven was sent to daenerys --> she made the whole trip.

Timeskips are fine, but not when the timeskip forgets about a bunch of dudes below freezing temperatures surrounded by undead minions without any food.

Oh and it seems I forgot about the random wildlings that happened to appear out of nowhere when it was time for someone to die..
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-08-21 at 03:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What if Jorah is the Prince that was promised? Maybe he actually kills her this time, and in doing so becomes it? Idk, I'm just trying to think of reasons why his character was brought back, other than to be Dany's sad puppy dog, that continues to get friend-zoned.

Jon seems to cliché.
    Would be silly to kill him off after getting cured from greyscale tbh i think they made a choice who they want to keep on the show Jorah or Barristan selmy and decided to kill of Selmy and kept Jorah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's not just the raven, come on.

Gendry ran the whole distance to the wall --> a raven was sent to daenerys --> she made the whole trip.

Timeskips are fine, but not when the timeskip forgets about a bunch of dudes below freezing temperatures surrounded by undead minions without any food.
    "Turns brain off"
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    If you want to listen to something in teh background for 1h +

LIVE: GoT author George R. R. Martin talks in St Petersburg

Ruptly TV
    Streamed live on Aug 16, 2017

Consecutive translation from English to Russian and back.

Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin holds a Q&A session in Saint Petersburg on Wednesday, August 16.

The writer of the books which inspired hit TV series GoT will make an appearance as an honorary guest at the Saint Petersburg Fantasy Assembly.
    Here's some recent interview, less in Russian

George R R Martin Interview Game of Thrones 2nd August, 2017.

ClickHere Guy
    Aug 4, 2017

George R R Martin Interview Game of Thrones 2nd August, 2017
    Which is???

http://www.rt.com/news/399826-game-t...ssian-history/

Russian medieval history may ‘influence’ new book – Game of Thrones author George RR Martin.

Published time: 16 Aug, 2017 18:18

Russian medieval history may have events to influence a new book, the author of the novel series, ‘A Song of Ice and Fire,’ which inspired the top-rated 'Game of Thrones' TV series has said during a visit to St. Petersburg.

“Unfortunately, I only read in English so there are not a lot of good detailed histories of Medieval Russia available in English for me to steal from. So if I find some I would be glad to let myself be influenced,” the writer said at a news conference Wednesday.

He added the books do not have references to Russia, despite Dothraki being a generalized character of the Asian nations, including the Mongols, who invaded Russia in the 13th century.

Martin arrived in Russia for an upcoming conference on sci-fi and fantasy authors due to start Friday.

Speaking on the leaks of some unaired episodes of the 7th season of the ‘Game of Thrones’ series, Martin said he is not really bothered by the issue, but rather amused, since the books spoiled the plot long ago.

“It’s sort of amusing that people would be in big panic about these scripts being leaked before show’s come out, considering that the first entire five seasons my books were out before the shows were out. Anyone could read my novels and find out what was going to happen in the season to follow,” he said. He believes that knowing what is going to happen cannot spoil a book or even a film if it is a masterpiece.

“I can enjoy rereading [Russian author Lev Tolstoy’s novel] ‘War and Peace’ even knowing the Napoleon lost,” Martin joked.

The same day Martin was speaking to reporters, a new ‘leak’ emerged. A yet unaired episode was accidentally available on the HBO Nordic and HBO España platforms for a while, but was enough to make the episode spread ahead of time, the Guardian reports.

Surprisingly, ‘Game of Thrones’ itself is a huge spoiler, as some series would go ahead of the books. “There have been spoilers because the series are ahead of the books. Would I rather it did not happen? Yes,” the writer admitted.

“But that is my own fault. In some sense, the fans of the TV series have been saying for years that my books have spoiled the series. Everybody who has read my books knew everything that was coming for five years, so now the shoe is on the other foot,” Martin said.

Giving a spoiler of his own, Martin revealed that HBO will not run a show based on his ‘Tales of Dunk and Egg’ book series after 'Game of Thrones.'

“HBO is going to have another show after Game of Thrones ends set in the world of Westeros,” he said, adding that the company did not show interest in his proposal for the new show.

The latest season of the popular TV series made HBO the victim of various hack attacks and unintended leaks. Four people suspected in leaking ‘Game of Thrones’ episode two days before its scheduled August 7 release, have recently been arrested in India.

Sorry, that shit is just getting old around here.
    Every 15 pages lol AND a monday... Naw, winter ain't having it!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

What if Jorah is the Prince that was promised? Maybe he actually kills her this time, and in doing so becomes it? Idk, I'm just trying to think of reasons why his character was brought back, other than to be Dany's sad puppy dog, that continues to get friend-zoned.

Jon seems to cliché.
    Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why... friend zoned for so long with so many almost opportunities to climb out, overcomes greyscale to find Dany cuddling up to some new bastard ass king... NOPE. Kills everybody.

Dany gets 13 tapes. Each one detail her putting him into a different level of the friend zone hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Selmy was killed off because he hated being there, or so it's said.

As for Jorah...it would actually be an awesome time for him to die. Right after his epic trials and tribulations to get back. Such tragic, much sad.
    I heard Ian McElhinney (Selmy) enjoyed the show and pushed back when he found out he was dying.

Then D&D gave a very smug recount of that conversation during a presser at the Oxford Union, that made them look like total dicks.

Him surviving the greyscale wouldn't be wasted if he became TPTWP. Idk, again, I'm just thinking. His character just seems so out of place to me. He just follows Dany around, hoping for something he knows will never happen. He seriously hasn't progressed as a character since we started the show. He's still just by Dany's side, and when he has to leave, all he does is try to get back to her. I think he loves Dany more than anyone else, so it would be kinda be poetic for him to be the one to have to kill her, especially when he tried to have it done before, but stopped it.
    Jorah has pretty much acquiesced any chance at romance with Dany, now he just wants to serve her by being someone she can trust fully. He's always been a massive asset to her in that regard.

I hate how they really molded him into Ser Friendzone.
    Last edited by Zayv; 2017-08-21 at 03:45 PM.

Well, I don't think TPTWP has to be married to the one he/she sacrifices. I think it just has to be the person that they love dearest. That person may not even have to love them back.
    I don't know enough about that prophecy (still on the first part of AGoT) but you think they'd really do that in the show? Seems like it would be shock for shock's sake.

One thing that kind of annoys me, like with alot of these theory Youtube channels, is their insistence that GoT needs to take a wildly shocking turn. Some of the stuff they suggest would literally piss off 90% of the show's audience. Not shock them, but legit piss them off. This thing with Jorah/Dany sounds like such a scenario IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just lost a dragon (I seriously got a little watery eyed), so my keep calm meter was at its peak last night, lol.
    I kinda seen this one coming I just knew something was going to happen to one of those dragons. Willing to bet now though that the second dragon is going to be for Jon Snow to ride in the final battle against the Night King and his new ice dragon. Think it's going to be pretty epic.

But god damn this episode had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. With Thoros being mauled by that zombie bear then Tormund almost being dragged into the water and taking forever for someone to help him then of course the death of one of the dragons and then finally Jon being tackled into the water and being pushed down (seriously how did he not die from being in that ice water? Dany being immune to fire so Jon Snow being immune to ice? Song of Ice and Fire?). Was an intense and awesome episode though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be sad, but it would be a great moment. Hopefully they had the sexes of the dragons wrong and they have some eggs hidden away somewhere, lol.

Sorry for snapping at you last night. I was sad and quick tempered.
    From what I've read/seen dragons can reproduce as long as their are two of them. So there's still hope I guess?

No source for this, just what I've seen. Although I have a feeling these will be the last dragons the world sees (if the Night King actually gets defeated).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does R.R. Martin ever not look like he's trying to cosplay a train conductor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I dont see the difference between the 2 if you cant nitpick of over the chains then you cant nitpick over the traveling tbh or anything else that normaly wouldnt make sense.
    Why can't you just let people "nitpick" if they feel like doing so. You're loving every aspect of the show. Fine. I'm not telling you to do otherwise, or to not express your thoughts. Let people who are less appreciative do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Does R.R. Martin ever not look like he's trying to cosplay a train conductor?
    What if it's really a train conductor cosplaying as G.R.R. Martin?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Why can't you just let people "nitpick" if they feel like doing so. You're loving every aspect of the show. Fine. I'm not telling you to do otherwise, or to not express your thoughts. Let people who are less appreciative do the same.
    It can be a slippery slope in either direction. Some people who praise the show overlook any and all pitfalls. Some who criticize the show exaggerate them.

Like I can't believe how rustled people are about the Night King's chains that he used to pull out Viserion. Completely ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Selmy was killed off because he hated being there, or so it's said.
    Yet when asked in a interview when asked what he thought he was dissapointed that they killed him off he was expecting to show up again the next season.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    It can be a slippery slope in either direction. Some people who praise the show overlook any and all pitfalls. Some who criticize the show exaggerate them.

Like I can't believe how rustled people are about the Night King's chains that he used to pull out Viserion. Completely ridiculous.
    He left not too long after he took Viserion down, and missed Drogon so I'd assume he went to get the chains after he left the battle.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    What post was complaining about the chains are why is that controversial

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Back when the leak came out and people where talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    He left not too long after he took Viserion down, and missed Drogon so I'd assume he went to get the chains after he left the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yeah someone also mentioned it could be from Hardhome, or any number of settlements that may exist beyond the wall that we've never heard of.

Maybe they're smarter than we think and built it themselves. But anyone complaining about the chains really needs to chill tf out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Yeah someone also mentioned it could be from Hardhome, or any number of settlements that may exist beyond the wall that we've never heard of.

Maybe they're smarter than we think and built it themselves. But anyone complaining about the chains really needs to chill tf out.
    I did partly wonder where the hell he got the chains from, but that was shortly ignored by myself with "Meh, it's a TV show, who fuckin' cares? He got them after leaving the battle"

Deleted
    So much work put into this