7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt you weren't watching the stream today, but it's been confirmed by Ion today: no expansion reveal at Gamescom.
    an hint is not an "expansion reveal"... just an idea about what is coming when we came back from Argus. Maybe we just got info like "we dont have to wait another year"... But, definitely, no reveal this year at Gamecon just like 2 years ago.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As well is Blizzcon.
    No it's not.

Expansions are announced usually one year after the game is released.

meaning we could have 14 months of Antorus.

So it goes like this.

Announce --> 1 year --> release -> 1 year --> announce --> 1 year -> release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    hahahahahahahahaha
    Let's make one thing clear, by the way. You may laugh, but you personally haven't contributed a single thing to make the current outcome seem like the more plausible one. You haven't been making clever arguments or done any nifty research to sway anybody's mind, so you have literally zero right to be arrogant right now. Other people in this thread have been making interesting and valid arguments as to why 8.0 might not be likely during Gamescom, but you haven't.

Deleted
    i cant wait to raid antorus for 16 months

There is a vast difference between thinking a Gamescom reveal is a good idea and hyping yourself up that there will be a Gamescom reveal with no proof to back that up.

Well, I did expected this after schedule release, so I was not disappointed anymore at this point. And while 7.3 patch brings a lot interesting content, there is not enough that I will re-subscribe at September. So I am going to have break for now and wait for Blizzcon expansion release.

And at least I need not to watch reveal cerenomy on wednesday, since Blizzard does have very little anything interesting for me at Gamescom. There is no new Diablo content, Overwatch and HOTS aren't my type games, and I play Hearthstone and Starcraft 2 very little nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The only logical reason blizzard will not announce it at gamescom is for the every 2 year announcement to be reset back into place at blizzcon.
    I'm pretty sure that's what they're going for. Or, they felt like they could push the wait a little further until Blizzcon with the plan of being more advanced in the expansion by then and releasing it rationally sooner than expected. We'll see I guess!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Let's make one thing clear, by the way. You may laugh, but you personally haven't contributed a single thing to make the current outcome seem like the more plausible one. You haven't been making clever arguments or done any nifty research to sway anybody's mind, so you have literally zero right to be arrogant right now. Other people in this thread have been making interesting and valid arguments as to why 8.0 might not be likely during Gamescom, but you haven't.
    Using logic seems like pretty good contribution. But keep at it, you are just a box of entertainment. Hahaha please continue.

No it's not.

Expansions are announced usually one year after the game is released.

meaning we could have 14 months of Antorus.

So it goes like this.

Announce --> 1 year --> release -> 1 year --> announce --> 1 year -> release
    Sure it is. Blizzcon is and was the best way to announce WoW expansions. Gamescom was an exception and we know why.

We won't have 14 months of Antorus. Announcement at Blizzcon doesn't delay the release date at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

At this point there's no need to sway anyone's mind. Ion confirmed it: no reveal at Gamescom.

Sure it is. Blizzcon is and was the best way to announce WoW expansions. Gamescom was an exception and we know why.

We won't have 14 months of Antorus. Announcement at Blizzcon doesn't delay the release date at all.
    According to history it does delay the release... but we can hope it won't.

Deleted
    This is where you and everybody else has been wrong. It was obvious tht 7.3(.5) will be the main selling point at Gamescom. Maybe 0,1% of the playerbase know what 7.3(.5) will add to the game, for the "ignorant" casual playerbase it's still unknown territory.
    Nah. You were honestly being negative for the sake of being a contrarian. 8.0 was very likely up until last Wednesday, and even after that point is was definitely a 50/50 likelihood of an announcement. People who have been adamantly against 8.0 have only done so because they prefer BlizzCon or whatever.

The other option besides a yet again stupid content drought is a release date that is much earlier than expected once its announced at blizzcon.

The only logical reason blizzard will not announce it at gamescom is for the every 2 year announcement to be reset back into place at blizzcon.
    There is a view, that I agree with, that Gamescom Legion announcement only happened because of the disaster that was WoD. Of course, there's no proof to that effect. Maybe one day someone inside will leak the true story of why they did it.

This! If anything, a later announcement will make the expansion wait "shorter", so it could work out for the best.

Why does everyone say 14 months? It's pretty obvious that they are going to reveal it at Blizzcon and release the expansion super best case - September which is 10 months from Blizzcon and 7.3.5 (Raid opening) and decent case November so it's 12 months, not really 14. Kinda normal after all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even mad or thinking "DOH BLIZZ NO CARE ABOUT WOW" I don't really think that. Settle down bros and hos.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    At this point there's no need to sway anyone's mind. Ion confirmed it: no reveal at Gamescom.
    That's not what he said, though. I agree it doesn't seem likely at this point that we'll get 8.0 at Gamescom. But what he said was Gamescom will be all about 7.3. Similar, but different statements.

Nah. You were honestly being negative for the sake of being a contrarian. 8.0 was very likely up until last Wednesday, and even after that point is was definitely a 50/50 likelihood of an announcement. People who have been adamantly against 8.0 have only done so because they prefer BlizzCon or whatever.
    It was nothing about me being negative. I've been realistic. It was obvious that they will make Gamescom all about 7.3(.5), their biggest content patch ever. To think they would not talk about 7.3 and focus on the upcoming expansion was (and is still) naive and delusional.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not even mad or thinking "DOH BLIZZ NO CARE ABOUT WOW" I don't really think that. Settle down bros and hos.
    It's a dumbass comment anyway. Oh wow a map soooooo huge guys!!! as opposed to a complete content drop a week from now for WoW.