Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The fundamental issue with this is that it's the easiest and most basic thing to get right in a presidency, and he can't do it.
    This is pretty much it. Trump has had a lot of obstacles and ran headfirst into a lot of them. He destroyed Russian relations, he damaged most of the others by leaving the Paris Accord, he threatened invasions and trade wars with everyone from China to Canada, he chose to sit on his tiny hands while TrumpCare fell apart, there's no sign of a tax plan, there's no sign of an infrastructure plan, 52 is a dangerous number so his budget is likely DOA and Wall funding with it, and while he might maybe have had a shot at declaring victory in North Korea via series of tweets -- it would have been bullshit, but he did it with Syria and his rabid fanbase loved it -- that was all swallowed up when he refused to condemn American Nazis and the KKK. He's basically toxic, poisoning everything he touches, snatching defeat after defeat out of the jaws of victory.

This wasn't the worst thing he's done, and that's the funny part: it's not even in the top 10, maybe top 50. It's just a tap on the shoulder, "Hey America, I'm still unqualified."

Deleted
    The two most irrelevant, pointless, and empty statements politicians make on a daily basis:

"Our thoughts and prayers are with ..."
    "We condemn the actions of ..."

Means absolutely nothing. Completely empty. Irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm also pretty sure he didn't tweet that, someone on his staff did.

- - - Updated - - -

This is, yet again, another reason why people don't think you're "independent." There's zero chance you'd give the same benefit of the doubt to dems.

lol it was proven well before this post how independent some people are

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That's funny, I don't see you call out either Trump, or yourself very often
    Well if he actually did something wrong we would never know because it would just lump into the 24/7 negative coverage and be a normal day.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'll give Trump a little credit. Considering his vocabulary, I'm sure this was a deeply moving statement in his mind.

I have a feeling the question that was shouted was by a reporter he didn't like and he was trying to ignore them but accidently said something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well if he actually did something wrong we would never know because it would just lump into the 24/7 negative coverage and be a normal day.
    Because he earns it, 24/7.

The problem is your standards, expectations and level of human decency are so non-existent, he could take a shit on a bun, say it's a sloppy joe, serve it to you, and you'd absolutely devour it.

We're not "hard on Trump". You're... "too easy" isn't even sufficient. You're basically his flesh light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    accidently said something.
    Does he not have control of his mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. An accident claims the lives of several servicemen and all he says is "that's too bad"?
    That is too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I know I have this guy on ignore, but I saw him quoted, and have to respond.

The negative 24/7 coverage is not entirely the media's doing. Last week was supposed to be Infrastructure Week. Instead, it became Trump Refused to Condemn American Nazis and the KKK week, and the only person who made it so, was Trump, by refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK.

Admittedly, firing Bannon also ate a lot of the news.

And then a bunch of his councils disbanded.

Then the Kennedy Center Honors winner refused to go to the White House, so Trump refused to go to the Kennedy Center Honors.

And then he got back from his 17-day vacation, stood on a balcony, and stared directly into the sun without glasses on.

There was no Infrastructure Week. Trump killed it, and he did it on purpose. If you think the coverage is negative 24/7 ask yourself first why that is. The GOP in the House and Senate both took shots at him for refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK. Republican-minded CEOs all left for the same reason. So did his council for the arts. And, to a certain extent, so did Bannon. All of these are his people. None of them are the press.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-08-21 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    stared directly into the sun
    I've done that too. Like, when I was 10 or something. How old is Trump again?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And then he got back from his 17-day vacation, stood on a balcony, and stared directly into the sun without glasses on.

Prime example of Fake News. Lying by omission.

Here's what everyone reading should question:

1) Did Trump actually stare INTO the Sun, as suggested, or did he stare into the direction of the sun, but not at it (example: looked at a plane nearby)?
    2) How long did he stare into the direction of the Sun? This is what is considered a lie by omission. With footage readily available everywhere, one can tell Trump looked in the direction of the sun for roughly a second. Before that, and after, he was seen looking at the sun with the NASA recommended sunglasses for well over 2 minutes.

Seriously, though, if you fall for Fake News THAT easily, it's no wonder you so easily swallow up the rest of the garbage that is spewed from the dying legacy media on a daily basis. Typical of the Alt Left, of course.

How... sad.

Oh, look at that. He did use the glasses after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Prime example of Fake News. Lying by omission.
    Nobody is saying he didn't put them on later. Simply that the President of the United States, in full view of the public and media and despite months of warnings from science organizations and government agencies, and despite warnings from staff, did the exact thing you aren't supposed to do - look directly at the eclipse without eye protection.

He put them on later, yes, but the man still did the idiotic thing of risking permanent eye damage first. Setting a fantastic example for others with his leadership, no?

No, in this instance you are #FAKENEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody is saying he didn't put them on later. Simply that the President of the United States, in full view of the public and media and despite months of warnings from science organizations and government agencies, and despite warnings from staff, did the exact thing you aren't supposed to do - look directly at the eclipse without eye protection.

He put them on later, yes, but the man still did the idiotic thing of risking permanent eye damage first. Setting a fantastic example for others with his leadership, no?

And on top of that you can fry your corneas by looking at a partial eclipse directly for even a few seconds.

However since we live in such an anti-science, irrational time, I'm gonna go on thinking though that the Eclipse, which passed over largely Trump-country, is an omen of the coming doom to Trump Administration.

#AztecsWereRight.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

There literally is no proof of that.

There literally is no proof of that.
    We could triangulate the angle of his vision, or even compare it to the other photographs of him with the glasses on, and see if it's the same direction. It's clear he was staring with a few degrees of the sun, and considering his location, it's highly unlikely that he was looking at any aircraft, since any flights landing into DCA would be much lower at that point.

Then again, maybe it's exactly what it looks like, a dude staring at the Sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump being stupid, not really the biggest news.

This whole things reminds me of when the then Australian PM Tony Abbot was asked about a soldiers death and replied 'shit happens'.

There's things to get riled up over and whilst this displays a lack of tact and can point towards a dearth of empathy, there's issues of greater significance to spend time on when it comes to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Trump actually stare INTO the Sun, as suggested, or did he stare into the direction of the sun
    Wow. And I thought Twitler's rabid fanbase was desperate before.

"Hey, stop staring at my wife's chest!"
    "That's lying by omission! I wasn't staring at your wife's chest, I was staring in the direction of your wife's chest. You are Fake News."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We could triangulate the angle of his vision, or even compare it to the other photographs of him with the glasses on, and see if it's the same direction. It's clear he was staring with a few degrees of the sun, and considering his location, it's highly unlikely that he was looking at any aircraft, since any flights landing into DCA would be much lower at that point.

Then again, maybe it's exactly what it looks like, a dude staring at the Sun.
    Depending on the time stamps on the photos, if you look back on page 4 to the two pictures shown in the post (one with and without glasses), "a few degrees" is more like 30.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this. I have the utmost respect for our army. Show some, will you?