Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Here is a start.

Though that doesn't cover the many cases such as this where statues are being taken down, at rather significant expense, before they can be vandalized. The sheer amount of ignorance in many of these attacks I find nearly more appalling than the acts themselves.
    No offense but Jefferson Davis was a keen supporter of slavery. He was first on the list.

Next few are monuments to confederate soldiers. They literally fought for slavery.

Where is the list of statues that were vandalised that weren't connected to slavery defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    They literally fought for slavery.
    Boiling it down to this point makes you either a troll, or literally too ignorant to have a conversation with. There is no common frame of reference for us to meet on.

Where is the list of statues that were vandalised that weren't connected to slavery defenders?
    Try actually reading through the list rather than skimming it ffs.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

All confederate statues need to be brought down. The confederates were TRAITORS to our country. Make all the jokes you want....it doesn't change that fact.

Now, back to the topic. I didn't read the news story....but bombing the statue....no, way to excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    All confederate statues need to be brought down. The confederates were TRAITORS to our country. Make all the jokes you want....it doesn't change that fact.
    Except that whole thing how we weren't really a 'single country' prior to the Civil War. We were essentially what the EU is/was trying to be.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Are we witness of the years that will eventually lead to the fall of the most powerful nation?

Could very well be the case.
    Oh. but this is nothing new.
    It might be news to you becuase you know, the internet?

Now, back to the topic. I didn't read the news story....but bombing the statue....no, way to excessive.
    Proclamation 108 and 179 mothafucka, do you speak it?

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Proclamation 108 and 179 mothafucka, do you speak it?
    It doesn't change the fact bucko.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    It is very debatable if the peace monument in Atlanta, for example, was in any form meant to "venerate" the Confederacy. Yet is was damaged by protesters. Some people are just using the momentum to destroy things they don't like.
    Yeah that one is debatable. Maybe if statues to individuals had been removed to museums the war memorials might not have been caught up in the vandalism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Boiling it down to this point makes you either a troll, or literally too ignorant to have a conversation with. There is no common frame of reference for us to meet on.

Try actually reading through the list rather than skimming it ffs.
    I did. I'm not sure war memorials commemorating soldiers that died fighting for slavery counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    True, making Bombs is much more Terrorist-like.
    The irony. You don't watch much news eh?

It doesn't change the fact bucko.
    >Confederate soldiers officially pardoned by 2 presidents
    >Dey still traituhs
    OK

I did.
    Peace Monument

Bust of Abraham Lincoln

Christopher Columbus statue

New England Holocaust Memorial

Frank Rizzo statue

Christopher Columbus statue

From that article alone, which is just a start. An example. Why do you have to lie when it is so easy to disprove? Nor did you react/mention the statues that are being pulled, at rather significant expense, before they can be vandalized. All of which weren't 'glorifying' the Confederacy/Slavery or any such thing. Stop adding to the stupidity.

Deleted
    Yeah that one is debatable. Maybe if statues to individuals had been removed to museums the war memorials might not have been caught up in the vandalism?
    I mean, maybe. But they shouldn't have to be in order to prevent war memorials from being vandalized. It would seem far more reasonable to expect people to behave like adults and not randomly destroy stuff in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I mean, maybe. But they shouldn't have to be in order to prevent war memorials from being vandalized. It would seem far more reasonable to expect people to behave like adults and not randomly destroy stuff in the first place.
    Pretty much this.

People are acting like toddlers.

edit: In before retards interpret this as me being a neo-Nazi.

15+ Year Old Account
    But I was told on this very forum there was no left wing terrorism so clearly that man was a false-flagging alt-righter.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The irony. You don't watch much news eh?
    How is that irony? Making Bombs does seem far more of a stereotypical "terrorist" activity over driving cars.

these people are acting like ISIS does when they take over an area with a museum.

So will all the lefties crying about Charlottesville Car guy also ask for this guy to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist?
    If he blew up an innocent civilian, then yes. But it doesn't surprise me that conservatives don't see any difference between human life and property.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If he blew up an innocent civilian, then yes. But it doesn't surprise me that conservatives don't see any difference between human life and property.
    You're under the assumption he wouldn't have done it when people were around. Defend more, terrorist sympathizer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that idiots are actually arguing that BOMBING things in your Country for Political reasons doesn't make you a Terrorist.

You guys are losing the plot.

Also protip: I'm not a conservative.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how those statues suddenly began to opress people.

Come on ! This subject was pacified for more than a century, theres really no reason to bring this to life again, other than dividing further more the country.

This is just poor a excuse for terrorist actions.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-08-22 at 01:49 PM.

It doesn't surprise me that idiots are actually arguing that BOMBING things in your Country for Political reasons doesn't make you a Terrorist.

You guys are losing the plot.

Also protip: I'm not a conservative.
    And I'm not "you guys".
    Anyway, it was a terrible comparison to an actual tragedy. Calling someone who wants to blow up a statue a terrorist is a stretch, since they're here to honor historical figures, not core values in society. If no lives are threatened and the target is small, it's just stupid vandalism. Yes, he had criminal intent, but a) he didn't do it b) it's MILES apart from that violent shit kicker that drove his car into that crowd.
    Mother pus bucket!