Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    While I personally think that Trump is a raging buffoon, inciting violence and urging for the death of a person is generally not something to support. Especially if the one you are urging to get killed is the president of your country.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You mean people who make mistakes, own up to them, and apologize? Hopefully pretty easily. Moral behavior is key - but owning up to your mistakes, admitting to them, and then learning from them are exactly the kind of people we want in public office.

Sure wish the GOP could do it.
    Crossing the road when the light is read is a misktake. Putting pineapple on your pizza is a mistake. Cheating on your wife, that's a mistake. Rely on one source of information for all of your news, mistake. Kick a bear, mistake, definitly. Eating a steak well done, also a mistake.

Calling for someones assassination, however, is not a mistake, it is just plain wrong. Especially if you are in public office. You should want people in office who aren'T as blatantly fucked up in the head to make such stupid demands in the first place. Apologizing for burning someone alive doesn't make it better, and it is also not a mistake to do so in the first place. It's fucked up.

What the flying fuck is wrong with this so called senator in the first place to even get to a point where he/and or she has to apologize for something so stupid that noone with 12 braincells connected would ever do?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    She works in the Government and Trumps the President, her Constituents are telling her she fucked up
    Glad you understand you were wrong. Thanks for owning up to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People like this don't apologize because they think they were wrong, they do so to cover their own ass or because they feel sorry for themselves.

She's a piece of shit.
    It's neat you can read her mind. Bravo. Let me know what the rest of them are thinking when they act and we can keep chatting. Seriously, you literally have no idea what you're talking about - but thanks for . . . wasting out time? I don't know.

She apologized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Literally any politician who would be stupid enough to say that about the president would back track and apologize the moment they realized no one will publicly back them for saying it. She's not actually sorry she said it, she's sorry the Democrats didn't back her up because she's too radical.

It's sad that you would support someone who would want another person murdered for his politics, but also is stupid enough to say it publicly. Birds of a feather, I guess.
    It's sad that you pick and choose when you believe someone based on your own thoughts, rather than what the person you're discussing says. Neato for you and the others as being mind readers. But the rest of us are worse off for your comments - which literally add nothing because you have no clue if you're right or not.

What's worse is that this person admitted her error and all you can do is insert your ideology without entertaining the idea that people can learn from their mistakes. Talk about birds of a feather.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Crossing the road when the light is read is a misktake. Putting pineapple on your pizza is a mistake. Cheating on your wife, that's a mistake. Rely on one source of information for all of your news, mistake. Kick a bear, mistake, definitly. Eating a steak well done, also a mistake.

Calling for someones assassination, however, is not a mistake, it is just plain wrong. Especially if you are in public office. You should want people in office who aren'T as blatantly fucked up in the head to make such stupid demands in the first place. Apologizing for burning someone alive doesn't make it better, and it is also not a mistake to do so in the first place. It's fucked up.

What the flying fuck is wrong with this so called senator in the first place to even get to a point where he/and or she has to apologize for something so stupid that noone with 12 braincells connected would ever do?
    That is definitely a good list of mistakes. But you forgot one: speaking without thinking, which is what she did. And she apologized for it later. Which is a far cry from what others on the other side of the table have done. Ever.

That's a mistake.

How do these fuck-ups end up in public offices?
    Trump ended up as president even though he wanted to execute innocent people.
    How is this any different?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    As someone who doesn't support Trump at all. This was the right outcome. People may get heated and angry in the mist of things, but zero reason to call for presidents assassination especially by an elected official. I do put it up there when Joe Wilson screamed out at Obama during an public address and called him a liar.

yes yes, I realize calling for one's assassination > calling someone a liar... But one was done live with a large number of Americans watching. Neither outburst should be tolerated.
    And did he ever apologize for that . . . ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Trump ended up as president even though he wanted to execute innocent people.
    How is this any different?
    And which one apologized for their behavior? Oh, right.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Apparently he did.
    Indeed he did. Kudos to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.
    What if it's my opinion that Trump should be assassinated? Where's my freedom of speech there? Why can't I systematically express my hatred of the President without being censored?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.
    they can't actually make her resign, they can however kick off committees....oh wait its tijuana....nm. Wonder when a sitting GOP will be kicked off committees by there peers for saying over the top ridiculous things.....

She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.
    to be fair i dont remember when gop has wished for a president to be assassinated i mean it might have happened like i said i just dont remember but either way ppl shouldnt wish death on ppl
    mr pickles

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    to be fair i dont remember when gop has wished for a president to be assassinated i mean it might have happened like i said i just dont remember but either way ppl shouldnt wish death on ppl
    I could not agree more - people shouldn't say things like this. But it happens. What's important is that people admit their mistakes and apologize. Politics is a game of passion and policy and sometimes emotions get the best of us. Just apologize when you fuck up - just like she did.

He doesn't need to be assassinated, just impeached.

That is definitely a good list of mistakes. But you forgot one: speaking without thinking, which is what she did. And she apologized for it later. Which is a far cry from what others on the other side of the table have done. Ever.

That's a mistake.
    No. If I call someone a retard on a forum and get an infraction, that's speaking without thinking. If I tell a woman 'I'd like to do you in a pony costume!', that's speaking without thinking. But if I am a US Senator, and every word I say in public is usually recorded and broadcastet, and ask for someone to murder the president, that's just fucking idiotic. You need to have suffered brain damage to be this dumb. And there is nothing admirable in apologizing for it, because being in this position in the first place shows that you are way to stupid to be in a public office to begin with.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.
    Yeah that's really inapprioriate to say. Even more so from a supposed politician. They should be above this garbage.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. If I call someone a retard on a forum and get an infraction, that's speaking without thinking. If I tell a woman 'I'd like to do you in a pony costume!', that's speaking without thinking. But if I am a US Senator, and every word I say in public is usually recorded and broadcastet, and ask for someone to murder the president, that's just fucking idiotic. You need to have suffered brain damage to be this dumb. And there is nothing admirable in apologizing for it, because being in this position in the first place shows that you are way to stupid to be in a public office to begin with.
    Well, if it helps, she's not a U.S. Senator. Facts are fun. And people say idiotic things all the time. Passion gets the best of us in the worst ways. She was wrong to do it. She was right to apologize. She may still lose her job, too, as people are still calling for her resignation (from the left).

I do need to offer a point of intellectual honesty (and I hesitate to do so as I see this specific behavior as a weakness of the left). I'm curious what my reaction would be if the parties were reversed. If this were a white male calling for the assassination of, say, Hillary. Not really happy with this line of thinking . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yeah that's really inapprioriate to say. Even more so from a supposed politician. They should be above this garbage.
    I agree. I'm not sure today's political environment is the best place to discuss what is appropriate to say. However, she certainly crossed the line, no argument there.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-08-22 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.
    What? We have a president who literally said counter protestors were just as to blame for their own death and injury as the terrorist who attacked them... do you really think you can talk about "morals of the left"

There are literally a republican who referred to Mexican by racist names and republicans didn't demand he resign.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way these sensationalist headlines..

"I hope trump gets assassinated"

is no the same as "calling" for his assassination.

It's sad that you pick and choose when you believe someone based on your own thoughts, rather than what the person you're discussing says. Neato for you and the others as being mind readers. But the rest of us are worse off for your comments - which literally add nothing because you have no clue if you're right or not.

What's worse is that this person admitted her error and all you can do is insert your ideology without entertaining the idea that people can learn from their mistakes. Talk about birds of a feather.
    Lol, you literally said that the entire GOP never apologizes for mistakes, yet you bitch about taking a scumbag politicians apology at face value? The career path that is known for lying more then lawyers and more acting then Hollywood. Your bias is showing champ. For the record, I'm not a Republican.

We also had trump literally calling for (not suggesting) that it's okay for cops to rough up citizens of this country... guilt must be proven and here we have a president saying to rough people up who are suspected of crimes but not proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What? We have a president who literally said counter protestors were just as to blame for their own death and injury as the terrorist who attacked them... do you really think you can talk about "morals of the left"

There are literally a republican who referred to Mexican by racist names and republicans didn't demand he resign.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way these sensationalist headlines..

"I hope trump gets assassinated"

is no the same as "calling" for his assassination.
    Stop shifting blame, she said the president should be assassinated and no one in her party even cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We also had trump
    This thread is not about Trump, stop shifting blame, talk about the women who wants the president assassinated.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Lol, you literally said that the entire GOP never apologizes for mistakes, yet you bitch about taking a scumbag politicians apology at face value? The career path that is known for lying more then lawyers and more acting then Hollywood. Your bias is showing champ. For the record, I'm not a Republican.
    You claimed to be a mind-reader. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'm still ahead on points - even if we accept your lies about what you think I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stop shifting blame, she said the president should be assassinated and no one in her party even cares.

This thread is not about Trump, stop shifting blame, talk about the women who wants the president assassinated.
    So blame shifting isn't ok when it suits your needs? Just checking . . .