Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thumbs up Missouri senator who urged Trump assassination booted from committees

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ommittees.html

Sorry might not cut it for the Missouri lawmaker who called for President Trump’s assassination.

Missouri Senate leaders announced Tuesday that Democratic state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal has been stripped of her committee assignments, just two days after she tried to calm the controversy with a public apology.

Republican Senate President Pro Tem Ron Richard and Minority Leader Gina Walsh both rescinded the lawmaker’s nine committee assignments, with Richard saying in a brief statement: "I support the decision of Senate Minority Leader Gina Walsh to remove Sen. Chappelle-Nadal from all of her Senate committees. I am also removing her from all appointments under my authority."

The move reflects the erosion of support Chappelle-Nadal has seen ever since she posted on Facebook last week: "I hope Trump is assassinated!"

Chappelle-Nadal later deleted the statement. She then apologized at a press conference streamed live Sunday on the Facebook page of the Clayton Times, a St. Louis County newspaper.

“President Trump, I apologize to you and your family,” Chappelle-Nadal said at the Wellspring Church in Ferguson, Mo. “I also apologize to all the people in Missouri. And I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislature for the mistake that I made.”

She added, “I made a mistake. And I’m owning up to it.”

But Missouri's Republican governor and lieutenant governor already had said senators should oust her from office if she doesn't resign.

Expulsion from office would require a two-thirds vote.
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.

Now she's owning up to it. A few days ago she seemed pretty pissed when people asked her to apologize.

How do these fuck-ups end up in public offices?

Love it, send her to the Night's Watch.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.
    It's not shocking at all - it's also not shocking that you would post something like this. She apologized when she was wrong. What's further not shocking is that we don't see this behavior from the GOP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You mean people who make mistakes, own up to them, and apologize? Hopefully pretty easily. Moral behavior is key - but owning up to your mistakes, admitting to them, and then learning from them are exactly the kind of people we want in public office.

Sure wish the GOP could do it.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences amirite?!

/s
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Paid for by oil/big pharma!!!!111

By the smart average Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Just like any other job, posting that you wish your boss was killed on facebook will get you fired

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Now she's owning up to it. A few days ago she seemed pretty pissed when people asked her to apologize.
    Lol, yeah - she could have moved a little faster, that's for sure. But she's done the right thing, and we need more people who see the error of their ways and own up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Paid for by oil/big pharma!!!!111
    Voted by the dumbass people.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Just like any other job, posting that you wish your boss was killed on facebook will get you fired
    Unfortunately, Trump isn't her boss. Just in case you needed the civics lesson - her constituents are her "boss".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's not shocking at all - it's also not shocking that you would post something like this. She apologized when she was wrong. What's further not shocking is that we don't see this behavior from the GOP.
    People like this don't apologize because they think they were wrong, they do so to cover their own ass or because they feel sorry for themselves.

She's a piece of shit.

You mean people who make mistakes, own up to them, and apologize? Hopefully pretty easily. Moral behavior is key - but owning up to your mistakes, admitting to them, and then learning from them are exactly the kind of people we want in public office.

Sure wish the GOP could do it.
    Literally any politician who would be stupid enough to say that about the president would back track and apologize the moment they realized no one will publicly back them for saying it. She's not actually sorry she said it, she's sorry the Democrats didn't back her up because she's too radical.

It's sad that you would support someone who would want another person murdered for his politics, but also is stupid enough to say it publicly. Birds of a feather, I guess.

Unfortunately, Trump isn't her boss. Just in case you needed the civics lesson - her constituents are her "boss".
    She's not even a US Senator, she's just a state senator, so she's not even in contact with the man... let alone being under him.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, yeah - she could have moved a little faster, that's for sure. But she's done the right thing, and we need more people who see the error of their ways and own up to them.
    >Thinking a politician's apology means anything

Hehohafu

She works in the Government and Trumps the President, her Constituents are telling her she fucked up