Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    what she said isn't a threat, it's a statement of something she hopes happens.

so, that should fall under freedom of speech.

yeah, it's not cool to say things like that about the president, but it's not illegal because it's not a direct threat to him.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Voted by the dumbass people.
    That as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You claimed to be a mind-reader. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'm still ahead on points - even if we accept your lies about what you think I said.
    No, that is one thing you do not do, nor do I imagine you are even capable of it. I'm done with you. Enjoy your delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Now she's owning up to it. A few days ago she seemed pretty pissed when people asked her to apologize.
    That is the thing thou, just proves her "apology" is nothing more than a PR movement and that she isn't truly sorry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    what she said isn't a threat, it's a statement of something she hopes happens.

so, that should fall under freedom of speech.

yeah, it's not cool to say things like that about the president, but it's not illegal because it's not a direct threat to him.
    Really? I double dog dare you to do it on twitter and see what the secret service has to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Because they're biased, just like the left, and he can and did denounce the KKK and nazis.
    "Look... a terrorist attack happened there is blame on all sides."

2 days later"

"Look... kkk is bad okay"

"Look... both sides are to blame, there are some fine kkk and nazi people"

Do you not see how the last statement kind of just says fuck me condemning the kkk?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Really? I double dog dare you to do it on twitter and see what the secret service has to say about it.
    they shouldn't have anything to say about it, since it's literally not a threat in any conceivable way. that's not how the english language works.

"i hope you get a new car" did i just threaten you with getting you a new car? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "Look... a terrorist attack happened there is blame on all sides."

2 days later"

"Look... kkk is bad okay"

"Look... both sides are to blame, there are some fine kkk and nazi people"

Do you not see how the last statement kind of just says fuck me condemning the kkk?
    I'm not saying he did it in a smart way, I'm just saying he did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

So much for free speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.
    It's not a threat, though.

What? We have a president who literally said counter protestors were just as to blame for their own death and injury as the terrorist who attacked them... do you really think you can talk about "morals of the left"

There are literally a republican who referred to Mexican by racist names and republicans didn't demand he resign.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way these sensationalist headlines..

"I hope trump gets assassinated"

is no the same as "calling" for his assassination.
    I don't think he meant the counter protesters were as much to blame for the terrorist attack, but all the other violence going on that day...

She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.
    What? This is just a troll comment right? If Trump did anything even remotely close to this he couldn't apologize enough to garner the reaction you just pretended to have.

What? We have a president who literally said counter protestors were just as to blame for their own death and injury as the terrorist who attacked them... do you really think you can talk about "morals of the left"

There are literally a republican who referred to Mexican by racist names and republicans didn't demand he resign.
    that's not at all what he said.

the left leaning people did commit violence just as much as the right up until the car attack.

political violence is inexcusable, no matter the morals of the people committing it. just because there was a terrorist attack by a member of the opposition, that doesn't erase the left's bad behavior or negate it at all.

I hope Trump goes to prison for the rest of his life. Does that mean I threaten Trump with kidnapping?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is definitely a good list of mistakes. But you forgot one: speaking without thinking, which is what she did. And she apologized for it later. Which is a far cry from what others on the other side of the table have done. Ever.

That's a mistake.
    She apologized for writing (not speaking) much later, and only because of the political backlash.

Reminds me of that middle school student who said something similar about Obama, secret services was waiting for him at school.

This double standard shit needs to stop.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I'unno, woulda been funny watching people freak out after a theoretical assassination of Trump and realizing that Mike "ACDC for LGBT" Pence would become president.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    No, that is one thing you do not do, nor do I imagine you are even capable of it. I'm done with you. Enjoy your delusions.
    If I were you I'd be done too. Making no sense and drawing ridiculous analogies and conclusions actually loses you points in these kinds of conversations. But I guess you're "done" and won't be responding.

At least we're clear you're not a mind reader, lol. That was my favorite part of your meandering diatribe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    She apologized for writing (not speaking) much later, and only because of the political backlash.
    She apologized for what she did. Which is much better than most in these days. People post/email/say all sorts of crazy things nowadays. It's horrible what she did. And should not be tolerated. She may still lose her seat - either by vote now or reelection later.

Did she say she was apologizing only because of the backlash or are you guessing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Reminds me of that middle school student who said something similar about Obama, secret services was waiting for him at school.

This double standard shit needs to stop.
    That's not actually, technically, a double standard. Directly threatening the president is the rule there - just hoping one of them dies isn't a legal violation. Technically.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were you I'd be done too. Making no sense and drawing ridiculous analogies and conclusions actually loses you points in these kinds of conversations. But I guess you're "done" and won't be responding.

At least we're clear you're not a mind reader, lol. That was my favorite part of your meandering diatribe.

- - - Updated - - -

She apologized for what she did. Which is much better than most in these days. People post/email/say all sorts of crazy things nowadays. It's horrible what she did. And should not be tolerated. She may still lose her seat - either by vote now or reelection later.

Did she say she was apologizing only because of the backlash or are you guessing?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not actually, technically, a double standard. Directly threatening the president is the rule there - just hoping one of them dies isn't a legal violation. Technically.
    The fact she publically refused to apologize, then changed her mind after all hell broke loose against her, makes it pretty obvious it was a political apology and not a real one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I'unno, woulda been funny watching people freak out after a theoretical assassination of Trump and realizing that Mike "ACDC for LGBT" Pence would become president.
    Don't talk like that about Mr. Mike "If you like the cock you're in for a shock" Pence ever again.

I like how you guys have such high standards for senators just like you do for your president