Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even going to entertain this nonsense.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Reading about history is a problem for you? How about you use your own advice and stick your head into a book instead of just reading article and thread titles?
    there's a million better ways to read about the history than with all the baiting hate and bullshit involved, i might start with a book that isn't trying to relate the eclipse to the black population.

i guess you'll just read any bullshit and think you're getting smarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Agreed. Gotta say after reading the article I have yet to find an intention of "The sun is racist"

Here..I can also quote something from the article:

"And then the shadow goes to sea, still indifferent to the Earth below, indifferent to the little creatures here, indifferent to these people indifferent to their own histories. Or perhaps we are not indifferent, but just no more capable than butterflies and bees of seeing the long path and of deciding to change it. The Great American Eclipse illuminates, or darkens, a land still segregated, a land still in search of equality, a land of people still trying to dominate each other. "

There is nothing about the sun being racist and all about people being the problem
    But the Sun is racist. While the Moon is at least simply white, the day counterpart takes it to the next disgusting level, being super bright and dazzling for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    It's still ridiculous trying to steer the conversation of the eclipse back into racism.

"Speaking of the eclipse guys, racism is bad"

It's just click-farming.

Because talking about history and segregation is bad!!! It's so bad guys! Maybe if we don't talk about issues they'll disappear?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there's a million better ways to read about the history than with all the baiting hate and bullshit involved, i might start with a book that isn't trying to relate the eclipse to the black population.

So talking about history is literally hate to you?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Frankly wtf is wrong with the majority of white people on this forum that they refuse to want to take into account any history.

I've seen the same posters here defending history of the confederacy while condemning any talk about segregations or past racism. It's fucking stupid and hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's as Revi said:

That, imo, makes the article nonsense. Agree or disagree, I don't really care.
    Oh they're trying to steer the conversation of the entire country?

You're joking right?

If this was a piece on all the "good" history in each state would you be bitching calling it nonsense or would it suddenly be fine? If it would be fine ask yourself why do you have a problem speaking about the bad parts of history in those states considering the current state of things and whites flooding to white nationalist groups perhaps they need a reminder of what history was. People on this mostly white forum are very very quick to dismiss history as it pertains to minorities so it is super easy to see why it is so so easy for many people here to literally defend white nationalists.

4500 words of nothing in that article.

/facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

But... but... muh white culture!! We need to preserve it!!

But not that bit.

@jimboa24 how does it feel to be apart of fake news and sensationalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Because talking about history and segregation is bad!!! It's so bad guys! Maybe if we don't talk about issues they'll disappear?!

- - - Updated - - -

So talking about history is literally hate to you?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Frankly wtf is wrong with the majority of white people on this forum that they refuse to want to take into account any history.

I've seen the same posters here defending history of the confederacy while condemning any talk about segregations or past racism. It's fucking stupid and hypocritical.
    what the fuck is wrong with you that you like your history that we all fucking know already with the path of the eclipse?

like OH SHIT THE ECLIPSE IS GOING PAST WHITE PEOPLE NOT BLACKS, LETS REMIND EVERYONE ABOUT BLACK HISTORY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Race threads aren't allowed, and that's all this is turning into