Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why didn't I get a pre-order notification email? This is NES Classic all over again. Fuck off Nintendo.....

Quote Originally Posted by KCguy View Post
    It's a standard marketing tool. They did it with the Nintendo Wii by releasing a very few amount and then gradually more over time. It worked well. Could be doing it again. I couldn't get one, but eventually I will. No biggie.
    Except the demand was still through the roof when they discontinued the NES Classic. That's the difference between their standard generation consoles and these. It's not something people expect they can just get down the road.

Now, everyone is jumping all over Nintendo, but the retailers deserve some blame too.

1. Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop all had pre-order availability notification email lists. I've not seen a single person say they got one. Those notifications never went out.
    2. Allowing people to buy multiple. There are claims of people getting 70 or more. Could be false claims, but I wouldn't write it off as impossible.
    3. Their sites unable to handle traffic. Too many people added to cart, immediately checked out, confirmed address, entered payment info, and..... removed from cart/out of stock. Many spent the entire day on Target's site for hours refreshing/add to cart and were told "out of stock" but eventually added to cart and got their order.
    4. After 12 to 4 of showing out of stock, Target had a 15 minute window in the afternoon where orders went through no problem.
    5. ThinkGeek and GameStop offering bundles of crap they can't move just so the popularity of the SNES Classic will get old inventory off their shelves.
    6. Retailers are likely hoarding as well. Just like ThinkGeek "somehow found" hundreds of NES Classics over six months after release and Amazon "somehow found" 100s if not 1000s to promote their Amazon Treasure Truck in multiple cities just a month ago.

Now, granted, the root cause leads back to Nintendo and their scarcity + short life cycle on these, but don't give the retailers a complete free pass either.

Why is it so hard to give Nintendo my money? I am now missing both an NES and SNES Classic. Nintendo is bad at economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Why is it so hard to give Nintendo my money? I am now missing both an NES and SNES Classic. Nintendo is bad at economics.
    because they look at it from a toy company's perspective that is scarcity creates demand which drives up value which drives up sales. not more sales=more money.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Except the demand was still through the roof when they discontinued the NES Classic. That's the difference between their standard generation consoles and these. It's not something people expect they can just get down the road.

Now, everyone is jumping all over Nintendo, but the retailers deserve some blame too.

1. Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop all had pre-order availability notification email lists. I've not seen a single person say they got one. Those notifications never went out.
    2. Allowing people to buy multiple. There are claims of people getting 70 or more. Could be false claims, but I wouldn't write it off as impossible.
    3. Their sites unable to handle traffic. Too many people added to cart, immediately checked out, confirmed address, entered payment info, and..... removed from cart/out of stock. Many spent the entire day on Target's site for hours refreshing/add to cart and were told "out of stock" but eventually added to cart and got their order.
    4. After 12 to 4 of showing out of stock, Target had a 15 minute window in the afternoon where orders went through no problem.
    5. ThinkGeek and GameStop offering bundles of crap they can't move just so the popularity of the SNES Classic will get old inventory off their shelves.
    6. Retailers are likely hoarding as well. Just like ThinkGeek "somehow found" hundreds of NES Classics over six months after release and Amazon "somehow found" 100s if not 1000s to promote their Amazon Treasure Truck in multiple cities just a month ago.

Now, granted, the root cause leads back to Nintendo and their scarcity + short life cycle on these, but don't give the retailers a complete free pass either.
    Or my favorite, rather than giving a clear time that preorders will go up, they just start it in the middle of the night.

Scarcity does suck, but screwing people out of that scarcity is even worse in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or my favorite, rather than giving a clear time that preorders will go up, they just start it in the middle of the night.

Scarcity does suck, but screwing people out of that scarcity is even worse in my opinion.
    Definitely one to add. I'm seriously sick of these phantom windows at 3AM. Seriously, who the heck is getting them at 3AM and selling out in 20 minutes? Bots and scripts are my suspicon.

I would've been happy to pay $80 for it, but I'm not paying the $250+ that the lowlifes who bought them to scalp on eBay are charging. Dick move on Nintendo's part to have such artificial scarcity on these; makes no sense from a business perspective either from a bottom line or PR perspective.

https://www.destructoid.com/toys-r-u...y-456515.phtml

Toys R Us confirmed via twitter it seems that they won't be doing pre-orders for the SNES Classic, so if you can't get one for preordering, cross your fingers to get there and nab one before others.

https://www.destructoid.com/toys-r-u...y-456515.phtml

Toys R Us confirmed via twitter it seems that they won't be doing pre-orders for the SNES Classic, so if you can't get one for preordering, cross your fingers to get there and nab one before others.
    Damn...guess I'll have to check out the local store when it launches if I can't manage to get a preorder secured (lol probably not). Will be the first time I'll have walked in there in decades, last time I was there I think I was purchasing SNES carts even >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn...guess I'll have to check out the local store when it launches if I can't manage to get a preorder secured (lol probably not). Will be the first time I'll have walked in there in decades, last time I was there I think I was purchasing SNES carts even >.>
    Relive your childhood fully!
    Or something.

Looks like I'll be running to a toy r us for one then, seriously though Nintendo is a bunch of dicks paired with all these retailers not limiting quantities that people can order.

I gave up after the mini NES fiasco and just built a RetroPie. I couldn't be happier since I can play whatever I want then launch Kodi to use it as a media center.

You might get one in store when they are released.

But its doubtful.

I hate to break it to you all, but those workers at retail stores know what the hell the Snes Classic is and they won't reach the sales floor, they will be safe in the back and sold to employees who will then sell them online for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    You might get one in store when they are released.

But its doubtful.

I hate to break it to you all, but those workers at retail stores know what the hell the Snes Classic is and they won't reach the sales floor, they will be safe in the back and sold to employees who will then sell them online for profit.
    And then all those employees will get fired when it's found out.

And then all those employees will get fired when it's found out.
    If its Gamestop, It likely won't be found out since its the mangers who normally do it.

(Or they just have there friends come in and buy it for them).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If its Gamestop, It likely won't be found out since its the mangers who normally do it.

(Or they just have there friends come in and buy it for them).
    Gamestop is doing a preorder system anyway, so eh.

Gamestop is doing a preorder system anyway, so eh.
    Yep right as there site breaks and bundles hit Think Geek....

So amazing...
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kmsg/
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep right as there site breaks and bundles hit Think Geek....

So amazing...
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kmsg/
    Yeah, they had the regular ones for a short time, and then bundle bundle bundle.

Yeah, they had the regular ones for a short time, and then bundle bundle bundle.
    I have come to accept I won't be getting a SNES Classic. Just want one to give my mom, Could care less if I got one for myself.

This just feels like a repeat of the NES shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Can't wait for all dat artificial scarcity that Nintendo pulls nowadays.
    It's not necessarily artificial scarcity. They straight up didn't make many NES Classics and never renewed a contract to produce more. I assume the SNES Classic is the same way. Just more phenomenally bad business choices by Nintendope.