Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As I said before, on the Yahoo News website, i agree, it was just run to raise a bit of outrage among certain people. It's not a good website to get your news from, one of their links on the side (about the same story) doesn't even make sense "Firefighters who saved piglets served them up as sausages by grateful farm" and deliberately puts the fire fighters in a bad light. It isn't a big news story (obviously) and on a more reputable news website (BBC) was treated in a very different way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Someone ran the story because they wanted to raise a ruckus. It's a great example of "spinning a story" where there isn't one. It just happens to "sell" to feed nonsense like this to the online crowd of animal-rights crusaders.
    Yeah I am sure that is in there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's pretty hard to tell what his issue is. Between random tangents and his inability to form coherent sentences, he's effectively Elba with shitty grammar.
    Well at least I know the difference between judicial law and legislative unlike you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a tad grim to specifically thank the firefighters by giving them sausages made out of the exact said pigs they saved, and not like just a general gift.

Saved some property and such? Awesome, thank them by all means. Give them some meat and whatnot. But purposely waiting 6 months so you can slaughter the same pigs they recused for said gift just comes off as... I dunno, icky? Grim? Dark? It unsettles me in a way I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm a staunch carnivore, don't get me wrong. I love me some sausages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah I am sure that is in there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least I know the difference between judicial law and legislative unlike you.
    Take a look at any of the comments sections of the various news outlets that have printed this clickbait. On facebook or the news pages themselves. You'll find a wall of the usual "the firemen deserve to die", "sadists", "if anyone tried to do this to myyy pets I'd kill them". /sigh /facepalm /yawn

7+ Year Old Account
    As do I. I just don't pretend laws that don't exist do in fact exist.

Nothing wrong with this at all, they saved a food animal from being burnt to death, food animal got turned into food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Seems a tad grim to specifically thank the firefighters by giving them sausages made out of the exact said pigs they saved, and not like just a general gift.

Saved some property and such? Awesome, thank them by all means. Give them some meat and whatnot. But purposely waiting 6 months so you can slaughter the same pigs they recused for said gift just comes off as... I dunno, icky? Grim? Dark? It unsettles me in a way I can't quite put my finger on.

They weren't pet pigs, they were raised to be slaughtered. Why did it matter who the meat went to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Take a look at any of the comments sections of the various news outlets that have printed this clickbait. On facebook or the news pages themselves. You'll find a wall of the usual "the firemen deserve to die", "sadists", "if anyone tried to do this to myyy pets I'd kill them". /sigh /facepalm /yawn
    Yeah I eat meat, so I have no business going on about peoples eating habits as for FB, yeah well anywhere you have opinions. I support PETA about as Much as I support BLM, ro any other group.

I mean I can get people feeling passionately or another, I just don't feel that about this issue. Doesn't mean I can't call it for what I see it as. As for the death threats and people flipping out OHH the Internet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah I eat meat, so I have no business going on about peoples eating habits as for FB, yeah well anywhere you have opinions. I support PETA about as Much as I support BLM, ro any other group.

I mean I can get people feeling passionately or another, I just don't feel that about this issue. Doesn't mean I can't call it for what I see it as. As for the death threats and people flipping out OHH the Internet.
    Well there you go then, that's what this article is. It's not news, it's a way for various agencies to generate online traffic to increase ad revenue. There's nothing noteworthy about the content. It's chumming the waters, and from their viewpoint, why not, cos it works. Still dishonest and immoral journalism, if you can even call it that.

Yeah, I agree. It's weird.

They were doing their job and werent expecting any kind of gift. Some free food of home bred pig is a nice gesture. Would you have preferred some money or a thank you card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    They weren't pet pigs, they were raised to be slaughtered. Why did it matter who the meat went to?
    I never said they were, I just said it seems a tad dark (not exactly the right word, can't figure out the one that encompesses what I want) to want the gift of meat they gave the firefighters to be the exact same pigs. Why not give a gift sooner? Just kinda seems like a dark humor inside meat industry joke, I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they would have escaped, who knows they are just property, don't go pretending you give a frosty shit about the pain and suffering of a pig if you are behind the idea of knowing the specific pig that you are going eat later slaughtered in whatever fashion you deem more pleasant.

Are you fucking kidding me. What are you even bitching about. That they wasted time saving pigs that were going to be butchered? or that the farm gave the firefighters some of the meat from the butcher pigs?

I mean I really don't get what you are upset about or why.....

- - - Updated - - -

My point is they are dicks because no only did they save pigs they later received as gifts which is fucked up enough they supported this story which means in a pretty fucked up sadistic way, they just like all the people feigning surprise at surprise know exactly how fucked up it is.

Can someone translate this into a coherent point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They were doing their job and werent expecting any kind of gift. Some free food of home bred pig is a nice gesture. Would you have preferred some money or a thank you card?
    Again, I never said meat wasn't a nice gesture/gift/what-have-you.

I said it was odd to wait specifically 6 months to make sure said gift is the exact animals they saved.

I can almost see the exchange in my head:

"We wanted to thank you all so much for coming out and helping us in that fire! As you know we're a meat farm and processor, so we thought we'd bring you some sausages!"

"Oh wow, thanks so much! These look delicious!" said the firefighters.

"You know whats funny? Those sausages are made out of the exact same pigs you guys rescued 6 months ago!" the meat processor says with a sly smile

The whole thing has a vague creepypasta feeling to it, haha

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes, a monetary donation and thank you card immediately after the fire would have had far better optics (for the firefighters at least, but I think they were put into a bad situation by forces outside of their control). I think that a story like this associates a negative emotional response with the firefighters, regardless of whether it is rational or not. You can argue rationally all you want, but on a persuasive level there will be many people who read that headline and immediately think 'zomg those guys are jerks', because most people don't form their initial opinions rationally.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can someone translate this into a coherent point?
    Many have lost their minds trying. It's really not worth the risk.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again it has as much to do with how that is percieved rather than the simple act of appreciation, You know damn well if it had been Lassie saved and offered up by the same farmer this would have been perceived as a much bigger deal

Same difference.

Only because in the west we don't see dogs as livestock. Personally if it was raised as livestock I wouldn't really care what animal it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

or

Decisions, decisions.
    Why not both?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Yeah, the same Peta guys who advocated for the eradication of the pitbull race.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/peta-j...ls-nationwide/
    Holy shit - I agree some breeds should be allowed to die off or at least get mutted out but that is just insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

This is Britain, we create Grim-dark as a form of satire. This is at most humourously ironic.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I never said meat wasn't a nice gesture/gift/what-have-you.

I said it was odd to wait specifically 6 months to make sure said gift is the exact animals they saved.

I can almost see the exchange in my head:

"We wanted to thank you all so much for coming out and helping us in that fire! As you know we're a meat farm and processor, so we thought we'd bring you some sausages!"

"Oh wow, thanks so much! These look delicious!" said the firefighters.

"You know whats funny? Those sausages are made out of the exact same pigs you guys rescued 6 months ago!" the meat processor says with a sly smile

The whole thing has a vague creepypasta feeling to it, haha
    When someone helps out at some point in the food production process it isn't unusual to make a gift of part of the final product. For example if I helped someone plant strawberries it would be fitting to give me a jar of jam made from those fruits a few months later. I'd think it odd if the person I helped went out and bought a random jar of jam as a thank you present.

So, that wasn't my contention

So they wasted time energy and resources, I wonder if some would have the same reaction if they ate someones orphan dog

You have a fucking funny idea of saved.

Ok so

I didn't suggest otherwise in any w

I am not Vegan, I am recognize how pork is produced, but these fire fighters "rescued" these pigs, not just any pigs, the ones they "saved" were killed regardless to how and then served to them.

Yep they're dicks, I mean shit it be like me going to buy a lobster, and calling it a rescue naming it, then turn around and eating him 6 months fucking later.

The problem per say isn't with consuming lobster, or saving animals, or even how lobster is prepared.

The Issue for me is that to go out of ones way, develop a relationship which involves saving an animal and only to then go ahead and kill it later and have it end up on your dinner plate.

That is an extra special kind of fucked up, especially reporting about it, and kind of being proud of that.
    Holy shit, you're a special case.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.