Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not specifically just this but this is a problem I have with WoW.

When any spit of new content comes out they ensure all prior content is rendered useless or near so.

Shit, should have done all the Challenge skins before 7.3. Mage Tower will never be up after it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's a fucking lie of the most malicious sort. Barely anyone has more than 6.
    I have 14 Legendaries and I haven't even been farming specifically for them.

All I can say is: thank fuck for that

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I have 14 Legendaries and I haven't even been farming specifically for them.
    If you play 1 character, that's quite believable, but the other guy said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    almost evry1 has full set legs on alts.
    The more alts you have, the less chance you actually had time to farm them all up. I have alts I levelled ages ago but they have 4-5 legendaries because I play them sporadically.

There's also this thing that Blizzard likes to heavily handed overbuff or overnerf specs and suddenly you find out you have plenty of legendaries... for a spec that isn't good anymore. I would walk into class halls and see how all mages transformed from fire to frost, all warriors from arms to fury then back to arms, death knights from unholy to frost then again to unholy, rogues from assa to sub and so forth. No one has all legendaries for all specs on all classes. Not even the most hardcore players. And predicting what is gonna be fun and / or strong next patch is crystal ball scrying, with the level of mid-expansion reworks Blizzard is serving us.

Oh, and you also have scenarios like "hmm rogues are very useful on current mythic raid bosses, and we don't seem to get any good rogue apps, so who among our raiders feels capable of bringing a rogue up?", a person might not even have planned to play a rogue in the first place, never farmed all the legendaries, but they will do so to help the guild, the guild can help them in return in gearing them up, but legendaries... those are on you.

There are catch ups for gear, for AP, for everything except legendaries. You can't leapfrog months of farming content. People say "legendaries are easy to get, I get one every week", yeah and a single spec has 12 legendaries now, so even assuming this is true 12 weeks = nearly 3 months of grinding that can't be skipped or sped up any further.

Ion confirmed no change to drop rate of legendaries in recent interview found here.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=270556/b...on-hazzikostas

This coupled with Argus not having lucrative forms of legendary drops means that yes, this is going to be for sure a slowed rate of legendary acquisition for your alts, or returning players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank god I only need 4 more legendaries to have every legendary available to my class.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Well this will be fun trying to do the Legion fall campaign to get the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    If you have that mind set, you don't really need them anyway.
    Speak for yourself and don't assume it's someone's mindset.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Shit, should have done all the Challenge skins before 7.3. Mage Tower will never be up after it.
    People will want to get the tower up because Argus will give better gear, relics, and AK for more artifact levels. Challenge skins will become a lot easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    ... you have no idea how much BLP from the recompense caches affected those folks getting those leggos from the other sources.
    Maybe,

I can only give you a definite answer based on my own experience. I started a new main afresh at Christmas, since then shes acquired 5, 2/3 before 7.2 launched. I'm exalted with legionfall, and did pathfinder part 2 on her so I did every single WQ as they appeared and had a bucket ton of those caches, I never once saw a legend and still got my last two or three legends from Heroic EN and LFR NH I believe it was.

Yes of course it contributed towards the last couple. But I'm now on a new server with RL friends and due to RAF started a new toon with one. That toon now has 3 legends after three weeks of being at 110. One friend got his third today and hes only just hit BS as he was doing every bit of content prior to that.

As I said, it contributes, but not as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    People will want to get the tower up because Argus will give better gear, relics, and AK for more artifact levels. Challenge skins will become a lot easier to get.
    But that's only handful of people. Tower mgith be up once per month if that. Sucks if you miss the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Speak for yourself and don't assume it's someone's mindset.
    Oh I'm back playing, I need all the legendaries quickly, oh I can't get them all quickly? see you next expansion!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Oh I'm back playing, I need all the legendaries quickly, oh I can't get them all quickly? see you next expansion!
    How is it remotely realistic to expect them to spend 8 months farming to get their legendaries for the current tier when we don't even expect them to farm all 4 raids to get caught up to the current ilvl? They can't play competitively, that's a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    How is it remotely realistic to expect them to spend 8 months farming to get their legendaries for the current tier when we don't even expect them to farm all 4 raids to get caught up to the current ilvl? They can't play competitively, that's a huge problem.
    What are you trying to say? The only people who must have their BiS legendaries are a subset of mythic raiders. What you're talking about obviously has nothing to do with them. And since nobody else needs to have BiS legendaries then what exactly are you trying to say? I really don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm surprised people still contribute to the buildings, but is going to end soon apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. I have some 200k shards to blow through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised people still contribute to the buildings, but is going to end soon apparently.
    Alts.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What are you trying to say? The only people who must have their BiS legendaries are a subset of mythic raiders. What you're talking about obviously has nothing to do with them. And since nobody else needs to have BiS legendaries then what exactly are you trying to say? I really don't understand.
    Wrong. This tier is actually a great example of how Mythic raiders have had to main swap, particular weaker melee to rogues.

Also, to add to that, you assume that casual players equate to people who don't care about their own performance. Not every casual player likes to be strung along and carried through their guild runs. They like to contribute. Knowledge of a hefty limitation such as playing for half a year if you're unlucky might deter (and has deterred from people I know) these people away from the game.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-08-24 at 10:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I'm saying there are catch up mechanics in place for every aspect of the game except for legendaries so that people can play current, relevant content, not be locked into running EN with the 4 other people who still want to. It's also asinine to say that heroic or normal mode raiders don't want to play competitively, that mythic raiders don't change characters or specs, or that new players aren't coming into the game. Is that what you are trying to say? I really don't understand.

Deleted
    I don't mind that these will be irrelevant, but I hope they will compensate by drastically reducing the amount of ressources needed for the buildings, or put the buildings on automatic rotation no matter if people participate with spending ressources or not. Else, we will not be getting many chances for the Mage Tower challenge or world bosses anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

But that's only handful of people. Tower mgith be up once per month if that. Sucks if you miss the window.
    And I will be in a great risk missing the window, I barely manage to find the time now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta ask, how are people getting that many legendaries? I run ToS LFR (living in a hotel currently, my internet is garbage, so i dont risk regular raiding) every emissary every day and multiple Legionfall recompense and i have only gotten 2. But i have friends that seem to trip over legendaries every other day.