Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    No. Just no
    yes, just yes... https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ken&options=38

Having 60% (40 - 80%) damage reduction (block/crit block) on top of 56% armor unbuffed on top of 500k hps from Ignore Pain alone shreds ironfur to pieces..

People just still seems to don't realise how good prot warr is against physical blockable damage (literaly 90% of ToS) Hell even Exorsus used one on WORLD FIRST RACE...
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2017-08-24 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

Having 60% (40 - 80%) damage reduction (block/crit block) on top of 56% armor unbuffed on top of 500k hps from Ignore Pain alone shreds ironfur to pieces..

People just still seems to don't realise how good prot warr is against physical blockable damage (literaly 90% of ToS) Hell even Exorsus used one on WORLD FIRST RACE...
    Prot warriors are pretty good, at least better in this raid tier then the last one. However most of the top guilds ran double guardian druids for their mythic KJ kill, along with a few other difficult bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I know this so should I have only been auto attacking when he was tanking?
    They should be doing much better, but as a tank you need to be aware of what the other tank can and can't do and make sure things don't get screwed up. So sometimes you might have to let off the gas on damage.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateDonut View Post
    Prot warriors are pretty good, at least better in this raid tier then the last one. However most of the top guilds ran double guardian druids for their mythic KJ kill, along with a few other difficult bosses.
    That's due the mechanics of the fight where you basically need Savage Roars. Exorsus run Prot Warrup until KJ where they switched for bear for roars

So far I haven't got any problems progressing with warr. "Biggest" problem is sometimes overaggroing when I get a good procs on shield slam resets so yes, I can confirm that Bears have lower threat generation unless they sacrifice some of the survivability for more damage. But it's still far better than in 7.1.5 patch where I had to just watch the boss or even swap out 3% leech aura talent just so I can autoattack boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    My belief is that guardian druid was so strong for most of Legion that an influx of bad players flooded the class.
    That's incredibly true
    After all in Nighthold even an incredibly bad bear could tank mythic

*person bad*
    Just take a look at kiljaeden and he casts ironfur 10 times in the entire fight and frenzied regen about the same.

Some people just fail at life and shouldnt play multiplayer games.

You also shouldnt throw stones about threat when your self healing is horrendous playing a self healing paper DH tank.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    You also shouldnt throw stones about threat when your self healing is horrendous playing a self healing paper DH tank.
    He could have done more healing but this is so obnoxiously false. VDH is not a healing tank spec outside of aoe fights. VDH is about keeping up pain bringer(15% DR) DS(30+% physical DR). They're below most tank specs in raw HPS in non aoe situations.

the druid was actually an old guild mate ><

i say old because i was going to offer to help him out and he blew up at me and told me to F OFF and a bunch of other stuff then he kicked me from the guild.
    Rule no.1 don't try to help people unless asked first, they'll usually react like this. Just find better people to play with (skill wise / attitude wise). I just looked at fallen avatar log and the guy picked pulverize talent and used it only 4 times in the whole fight? So why pick it even just pick something passive like rend & tear so you don't need to think about it.

Ofc the guy might have been pissed you showed to the world his poor play (privacy concerns etc.) but still you can't really "fix" his play if he doesn't care about it.

And really the title of the thread is misleading. I don't understand why people draw a conclusion: some person I know being good / bad at a class = the class being good / bad overall.

*person bad*
    Just take a look at kiljaeden and he casts ironfur 10 times in the entire fight and frenzied regen about the same.

Some people just fail at life and shouldnt play multiplayer games.

Horrendous??? Yeah i know i parsed green a couple times but blue and purple all the others....Now if my self healing was oh say 9% where his dps is maybe i would be like okay i'll back off some... Sorry i didnt parse all purple. parsing purple in dps and green/blue in healing is alot better than pasring grey in dps and blue/purple in self healing. I have been working on self healing as i strive to make my self the best I can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Rule no.1 don't try to help people unless asked first, they'll usually react like this. Just find better people to play with (skill wise / attitude wise). I just looked at fallen avatar log and the guy picked pulverize talent and used it only 4 times in the whole fight? So why pick it even just pick something passive like rend & tear so you don't need to think about it.

Ofc the guy might have been pissed you showed to the world his poor play (privacy concerns etc.) but still you can't really "fix" his play if he doesn't care about it.

And really the title of the thread is misleading. I don't understand why people draw a conclusion: some person I know being good / bad at a class = the class being good / bad overall.
    well we had an agreement in the guild with everyone that if someone saw that you could be doing something better they could approach you and try to help you out and act like an adult and not a 5 yr old kid that just had his candy taken. i approached him with no disrespect like i have others in the guild and i get met with a resounding F U. at first i thought he was joking as we have joked in the past then he kept going.

and yes i could have made the title different.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2017-08-26 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Against physical damage: I don't think any other class is better than a Druid for taking repeated physical hits.
    Against magical damage: There's better options. Outside of FR/Cooldowns, you have no active mitigation, but you still have a nice passive DR. It's not like you're worthless though, you can still tank stuff just fine.
    Overall: Druids are fine. Would have been nice to get a weaker MoU (just so you have something to press during magic damage), but we're still fine without it.
    TBH if its against purely physical damage warrior generally the best, simply because they have negate so much of the damage via shield block. The issue is its rarely physical only and usually more magic heavy hard hitting, which is why druids with high hp, overall good mitigation and so on are so good.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

just to then swap back to a guardian druid because guardian is the best tank for KJ cause of roar, and a mutitude of CDs to soak meteors and 2x the hp of a prot warrior.

Look at logs again. 98% of the tanking community is now "cheesing" the healing by using the neck. Logs look at shields as healing. ~35-40% of peoples healing numbers come from the neck. The only absorb i have is the tank trinket which i have to click and use unlike the neck. I bet if i had the neck i could cheese the healing numbers too and parse purple or orange

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at logs again. 98% of the tanking community is now "cheesing" the healing by using the neck. Logs look at shields as healing. ~35-40% of peoples healing numbers come from the neck. The only absorb i have is the tank trinket which i have to click and use unlike the neck. I bet if i had the neck i could cheese the healing numbers too and parse purple or orange
    Why so defensive? I know you came to get everyone to criticize your 'friend'... but when you do that you also open yourself up for the observations of the assembly of your own actions. Own up to your own shortcomings and learn from the advice, just like you want your 'friend' to do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why so defensive? I know you came to get everyone to criticize your 'friend'... but when you do that you also open yourself up for the observations of the assembly of your own actions. Own up to your own shortcomings and learn from the advice, just like you want your 'friend' to do.
    Because it is the truth on the healing. If i had the neck my healing would be right up there too with everyone else. logs dont lie...yeah my healing is lower(green to purple) but looking at logs it actually isnt compared to alot of the cheesing that goes on. not faulting the people for cheesing hell i probly would to. it is just a fact. and yes i can do better by changing things up and i will but that is the problem he wont for noone because he is right everyone else is elitist. i accept my faults. i looked at logs and saw something i need to change and do more of and i actually will do.

there is a difference in my case there is an actual reason to why on the numbers my charts not because i am bad.

his case is he dont know how to play all you have to do is look at what he is completely doing wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    and what advice noone on here gave any advice other than saying my healing was low...so yeah no advice lol. i looked and saw what i have to do to be better lol

Deleted
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13#boss=2051&class=Tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    that is the problem he wont for noone because he is right everyone else is elitist. i accept my faults. i looked at logs and saw something i need to change and do more of and i actually will do.
    So write him off, find a different tank and call it a day and move on...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    just to then swap back to a guardian druid because guardian is the best tank for KJ cause of roar, and a mutitude of CDs to soak meteors and 2x the hp of a prot warrior.
    poorly designed encounter (and tbh almost all of them in ToS) that requires to stack eartin class to progress.

I don't even use any CD to soak big meteors and they still hit me for astounding 180k, also soak 2 in the row in the intermission (HC only tho)
    My HP is 7 mil (without stam trinkets) and our bear has 9.4 ish... dunno if my math is wrong but that's not 2x the HP

Warrior, Monk
    Monk maybe because they're just great. Warrior? Nah.

I guess that's why the world first race was won with double druid on what's arguably one of the most bursty physical boss in the game.

That's due the mechanics of the fight where you basically need Savage Roars. Exorsus run Prot Warrup until KJ where they switched for bear for roars
    I think you mean Stampeding Roar and that's kind of a silly reason to switch your tanks around IMO.

So far I haven't got any problems progressing with warr.
    Which you shouldn't. No one is saying "Prot Warriors are bad", they're just ~<5% weaker than Guardian for Physical attacks. Every tank is pretty damn close together, but even a ~5% difference is a huge difference in the world first race.

That said, Warrior destroys Guardian on fights with consistent magical damage. Frenzied Regeneration is amazing against burst hits but does very little on consistent damage fights, while Ignore Pain eats consistent shit up for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    TBH if its against purely physical damage warrior generally the best, simply because they have negate so much of the damage via shield block.
    Ironfur putting you at 88%+ Physical Reduction alongside a 10M+ HP pool says hi. Burst hits that get through get healed with one of my three FR charges.

No, Guardian is the best at physical reduction because it's also the worst at magical reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    The issue is its rarely physical only and usually more magic heavy hard hitting, which is why druids with high hp, overall good mitigation and so on are so good.
    Exactly, though consistent magical damage is the bane of a Guardian's existence. If it's not bursty, FR does very little.

I have no doubt that they'll be changing tanks up (especially Guardian) with 8.0.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Exactly, though consistent magical damage is the bane of a Guardian's existence. If it's not bursty, FR does very little.
    They still have a wide array of DR against all damage,which puts them up there for magic damage too.Magic isn't their strength,but you can't call it a weakness either.as it stands,bears have virtually no weakness

Well just looking at the Goroth fight, 10 mangle, 10 thrash, 74 swipes. Swipe dmg equal to thrash dmg. He needs to learn how to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"