10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doesn't matter. They are dropping a patch on the same day a lot of people will be playing a huge game launch. Not a good move. And no the advertising is terrible. They chose to drop a patch when a big game launches. Carbine have proven time and again that they can't advertise to save their lives. Which is really bad considering Wildstar needs good advertising right now.

You can think Destiny 2 is a snorefest but a lot of people will be playing that on the 6th. It's one of the biggest launches of the year.

Also not saying housing updates are bad. Just saying the patch is very barebones.

And I'm sorry but do you have any source or evidence on new players joining?

A game like Wildstar should not be trying to compete with launch dates like that. Especially one that is as big as Destiny 2. Carbine are probably the worst when it comes to advertising.
    They did realise this news a week before the game is out and not on last day or something. Also remember, not every player is willing to spend a money on new games due to quality seriosly droping over the years now. And they also prefer free stuff to test (or they resort to piracy).
    There is a good chance that conzole network will be down due to some errors like usualy, since console companys are to damn cheap when it comes to hosting servers.

As for newcomers, i have seen 3-5 a day saying something that they are new in chat. And i havent played that much recently. So it could be even more.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They did realise this news a week before the game is out and not on last day or something. Also remember, not every player is willing to spend a money on new games due to quality seriosly droping over the years now. And they also prefer free stuff to test (or they resort to piracy).
    There is a good chance that conzole network will be down due to some errors like usualy, since console companys are to damn cheap when it comes to hosting servers.

As for newcomers, i have seen 3-5 a day saying something that they are new in chat. And i havent played that much recently. So it could be even more.
    And again. There is a reason no other game is being published on the 6th. Shouldn't be too hard to work out why. Destiny 2 will be taking all the attention.

And console servers are cheap? Do you have a source for this? Because you keep posting claims without evidence.

And it's the biggest launch of the year. So a lot will be. Carbine choosing to release a patch while the focus will be on that is moronic at best.

You really underestimate how big this launch is going to be. Again Carbine continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their advertising.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-24 at 10:38 PM.

They did realise this news a week before the game is out and not on last day or something.
    In the dead-middle of Gamescom (currently going on), which eats up a huge amount of media attention between all the major announcements at the show and all the interviews/previews they'll be posting based off their staff they sent there. This isn't a great week to be announcing that either.

They're not cheap at all, but sometimes networks go down. PSN and XBL deal with huge traffic every day, infinitely more and more complex interactions than many MMO's do. Not to mention, folks angry if PSN/XBL are down aren't going to be jumping into other games in the meantime really. They're going to do what most folks do on launch day when their games are down - sit there repeatedly trying to launch it for hours while complaining on forums/social media.

From a marketing perspective, the really couldn't have picked much worse times for the announcement and release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    How is the population in this game? Is it stable and are the queue times OK?
    Here are Steam statistics for Wildstar: http://steamcharts.com/app/376570

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Just bear in mind it's not the best metric.

But yeah the numbers are low and as I said I imagine if it's 300 on Steam I doubt the main client is much better.

Carbine keeps forgetting that you only want to overlap launches if you're bigger or at least close to as big as the other guy...not release when you are basically nothing compared to them.

Why no learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Yeah those are terrible...Undertale has 5x more people playing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Carbine keeps forgetting that you only want to overlap launches if you're bigger or at least close to as big as the other guy...not release when you are basically nothing compared to them.

Why no learn.

Yeah those are terrible...Undertale has 5x more people playing it...
    No1 uses steam due to problematic non-stop updates to the game.

Deleted
    It's not hard to use Steamcharts downward spiral to figure out W* is struggling, massively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's not hard to use Steamcharts downward spiral to figure out W* is struggling, massively.
    Nope, just maybe 0,0001% of wildstar population uses it.

Deleted
    You do know using your own calculation, that would mean 2.1 million people are playing Wildstar outside of Steam? Let's be realistic here

You keep throwing that claim about without showing any valid source.

Either show a valid source that not a lot of people don't use Steam or stop making the claim.

There are no issues with the Steam version at all. It downloads the entire game then does an update on the client.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and you wonder why I don't take you seriously when you make claims like this?

Final time I'll ask. Show a valid source that a very little amount use Steam or stop posting it. It's disingenuous to say the least.

And no. Wildstar does not have millions of players. Stop grasping at straws here. You tried this a few pages ago by claiming 300 users was 1% of the population.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-25 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    You keep throwing that claim about without showing any valid source.

Either show a valid source that not a lot of people don't use Steam or stop making the claim.

There are no issues with the Steam version at all. It downloads the entire game then does an update on the client.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and you wonder why I don't take you seriously when you make claims like this?

Final time I'll ask. Show a valid source that a very little amount use Steam or stop posting it. It's disingenuous to say the least.

And no. Wildstar does not have millions of players. Stop grasping at straws here. You tried this a few pages ago by claiming 300 users was 1% of the population.
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...-ws/?p=1523051
    Everywhere im looking i see the number being 5 times the population of Steam which seems plausible, so the pop is struggling around Rift numbers since last year

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...-ws/?p=1523051
    Everywhere im looking i see the number being 5 times the population of Steam which seems plausible, so the pop is struggling around Rift numbers since last year
    Major difference between the 2 games. You know my stance on the other one.

Wildstar is a great game. It's just stupid when people make disingenuous claims and present no evidence to back them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major difference between the 2 games. You know my stance on the other one.

Wildstar is a great game. It's just stupid when people make disingenuous claims and present no evidence to back them up.
    The only evidence we got is the Other sales in report.
    http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

Wildstar sale was moved under mobile game in 2016.
    So its betwen 19087 to 93772 sales (not players).

93 bilion won is : Mess to calculate.
    1 South Korean won =
    0.000753921025 Euros

You get the idea. Tho i kinda hope the game would get sold to some other publisher, who is better at advertising, fixing bugs and adding new programers into a team.

The only evidence we got is the Other sales in report.
    http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

Wildstar sale was moved under mobile game in 2016.
    So its betwen 19087 to 93772 sales (not players).

93 bilion won is : Mess to calculate.
    1 South Korean won =
    0.000753921025 Euros

You get the idea. Tho i kinda hope the game would get sold to some other publisher, who is better at advertising, fixing bugs and adding new programers into a team.
    And again that is poor evidence. I asked you for a source on you saying that "0.00001% use Steam" Considering their reports would take people using both clients into account you basically just provided no evidence yet again.

Since you have provided none I am not going to waste my time any further. Keep spouting your whole "0.00001% use Steam" while all the time providing no sources to backup the claim. Right now all you have done is speculate about the Steam client. Stop trying to pass your speculation off as fact.

There is a reason Wildstars revenue was merged into others. Because they had to give the appearance of it actually making money.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/11/10/nc...nd-blade-soul/

The last known report that included Wildstar on it's own showed that it was down. They wouldn't have merged it if it was on the rise.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-25 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again that is poor evidence. I asked you for a source on you saying that "0.00001% use Steam" Considering their reports would take people using both clients into account you basically just provided no evidence yet again.

Since you have provided none I am not going to waste my time any further. Keep spouting your whole "0.00001% use Steam" while all the time providing no sources to backup the claim. Right now all you have done is speculate about the Steam client. Stop trying to pass your speculation off as fact.

There is a reason Wildstars revenue was merged into others. Because they had to give the appearance of it actually making money.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/11/10/nc...nd-blade-soul/

The last known report that included Wildstar on it's own showed that it was down. They wouldn't have merged it if it was on the rise.
    Thats not true tho. Blizzard also stoped reporting subs. So its not posible to know if they go up or down.

Thats not true tho. Blizzard also stoped reporting subs. So its not posible to know if they go up or down.
    What does Blizzard have to do with this? Stick to Wildstar.

I'm happy to admit what I said was speculation. See I'm willing to admit that. Maybe the numbers are up but if they had to merge it into others then I doubt it. Educated guess on my part. The numbers had already been consistently down it's highly likely they still are if we put Wildstar on it's own.

Maybe Wildstar is turning a profit but considering this upcoming patch being so small and the consistent falling playerbase on one area of the game I doubt it. And adding on that staff are consistently leaving that tells me that there are possible salary issues. And money issues in general with the size of recent updates.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-25 at 04:01 PM.

That'd be a super hard sell given the fact that the last the game was reporting, it was barely earning more than $2M USD a quarter, and it's likely only declined since then as NCsoft stopped listed out its revenue individually. They would't do that unless they really wanted to hide it.

Who would buy WildStar? Who would put a big ad spend behind it? Who would drop the money needed to staff the team back up, address issues in the game, and start churning out more content?

Why would any publisher do that given that WildStar underperformed at launch, and steeply declined from there despite strong support from NCsoft for years? Why would a publisher pick up a largely forgotten brand that never had much steam behind it and is now largely looked down upon in the MMO community, and invest tens of millions into purchasing and attempting to revive it?

I don't hate WildStar, and I don't like "trashing" it or making negative posts, but let's be real here. The game is struggling, and it's likely never going to see much more support or success than it's seeing right now.

It's actually pretty impressive that NCsoft hasn't closed it down yet, given that they wholly own the IP/Carbine. The only thing likely keeping the reapers scythe at bay is that they don't have a replacement for it, as MxM isn't really a replacement. They had replacements when they shut down CoH, which was generating more revenue than WildStar when it closed down, because they had GW2's pretty imminent release, and they had WildStar in the pipeline. Without any other Western developed MMO's nearing launch that they want to free up market space/resources for.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That'd be a super hard sell given the fact that the last the game was reporting, it was barely earning more than $2M USD a quarter, and it's likely only declined since then as NCsoft stopped listed out its revenue individually. They would't do that unless they really wanted to hide it.

Who would buy WildStar? Who would put a big ad spend behind it? Who would drop the money needed to staff the team back up, address issues in the game, and start churning out more content?

Why would any publisher do that given that WildStar underperformed at launch, and steeply declined from there despite strong support from NCsoft for years? Why would a publisher pick up a largely forgotten brand that never had much steam behind it and is now largely looked down upon in the MMO community, and invest tens of millions into purchasing and attempting to revive it?

I don't hate WildStar, and I don't like "trashing" it or making negative posts, but let's be real here. The game is struggling, and it's likely never going to see much more support or success than it's seeing right now.

It's actually pretty impressive that NCsoft hasn't closed it down yet, given that they wholly own the IP/Carbine. The only thing likely keeping the reapers scythe at bay is that they don't have a replacement for it, as MxM isn't really a replacement. They had replacements when they shut down CoH, which was generating more revenue than WildStar when it closed down, because they had GW2's pretty imminent release, and they had WildStar in the pipeline. Without any other Western developed MMO's nearing launch that they want to free up market space/resources for.
    I'm not trying to trash it either. I'm just stating it's financial situation which I admit is an educated guess on my part.

I've always told people to play this because it's got the best F2P model of any MMO out there.

Didn't know they owned Carbine though.

I'm not trying to trash it either. I'm just stating it's financial situation which I admit is an educated guess on my part.

I've always told people to play this because it's got the best F2P model of any MMO out there.

Didn't know they owned Carbine though.
    Yep, Carbine is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, just like ArenaNet.

And yep, the F2P model is too good, as counterintuitive as that is. Their revenue struggles are very likely in part because of that, and I've been critical about both the lack of "pain points" as well as the very meager initial offerings they had when transitioned that have severely limited their ability to monetize players effectively. Both in terms of providing compelling reasons for folks to spend money in general, and allowing for whales to spend big and regularly. It's a poor model from the business side of things as a result, but it's absolutely fantastic for players in the short term...just dangerous in the longterm since it's limiting their ability to maintain enough revenue to have a decent sized team active to provide support and create new content : /