Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except we don't know what their day one stock was, so it's largely kinda pointless. We'll get info around the time it launches, either from Microsoft themselves if sales are good enough or indirectly through GameStop earnings calls etc.
    I still don't understand how people think something selling out on Pre-Orders is it doing well.

Look at the SNES Classic as a example: Its stock was likely low as hell so yes its going to sell out on pre-orders. Same apply's to the XBOX, Like you said we don't know the stock numbers.

But that's Zephyr being Zephyr like normal.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I still don't understand how people think something selling out on Pre-Orders is it doing well.

Look at the SNES Classic as a example: Its stock was likely low as hell so yes its going to sell out on pre-orders. Same apply's to the XBOX, Like you said we don't know the stock numbers.

I guarantee if another company sold all pre orders of something you would sing a diff tune. All the CEO would have to say is that they had a large enough stock. Because the CEO would never embellish the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I guarantee if another company sold all pre orders of something you would sing a diff tune. All the CEO would have to say is that they had a large enough stock. Because the CEO would never embellish the truth.
    So are you just going to keep trying to bait me because if so I am more then happy to report it each time....

@Edge- This thread can be closed now since that's all it has turned into.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except we don't know what their day one stock was, so it's largely kinda pointless. We'll get info around the time it launches, either from Microsoft themselves if sales are good enough or indirectly through GameStop earnings calls etc.
    Well, yeah. Of course we don't know the actual numbers.

Someone from Microsoft though did state that they expected it to take a week before they sold out of preorders but it happened in less than 24 hours. Granted, they could just be saying that to make it sound really good, but regardless that's still good for MS.

For all the doom and gloom that the internet was painting about the One X and people harping on about how pointless it would be to have one, it still did pretty well by selling out on day one of preorders. Just goes to show all the naysayers that there is a market for this sort of thing and that it will most likely be more popular than all the haters are saying it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

And Jt will continue being Jt and bash MS every chance he gets.

I can tell it really bothers you when MS does well with anything this gen. It's like I can almost see you squirming through the monitor.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-08-25 at 04:04 AM.

I still don't understand how people think something selling out on Pre-Orders is it doing well. .
    If you sell out your preorders that means you sold out your initial allotment to retailers meaning you already met your very first sales goal. So yes, that means it's doing well for the time being.

I dont get how it could be clickbait, crackdown is a fun and great game but not somthing thats played for a long time, we typically played through the story, polished off the achivements untill only ass hard or long ones remained and moved on, had some gta moments where id log into it and just fuck around but other than that its it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont get how it could be clickbait, crackdown is a fun and great game but not somthing thats played for a long time, we typically played through the story, polished off the achivements untill only ass hard or long ones remained and moved on, had some gta moments where id log into it and just fuck around but other than that its it.
    If u watched the video hes not talking about Crackdown, Hes talking about Crackdown 3 and how Microsoft has handled it.

Personally I agree with what he said, To be fair MS isn't the only company to do this. But Crackdown 3 is a special case on how it was done.

(Watch the video)

10+ Year Old Account
    If u watched the video hes not talking about Crackdown, Hes talking about Crackdown 3 and how Microsoft has handled it.

Personally I agree with what he said, To be fair MS isn't the only company to do this. But Crackdown 3 is a special case on how it was done.

(Watch the video)
    How about you give a TLDW?
    Didnt some exec at MS say sorry we shouldn't have announced it so soon? If the CEO says it, you must accept it as fact.

TLDW is basically him shitting on xbox for throwing the power of the cloud out there cause the XB1 isn't as powerful as the PS4. Then shit on them for announcing Crackdown 3 way too early.....Then he brings up the last guardian and gives it a pass cause crackdown is a special case. I stopped taking it seriously after there. Then finishes out that xbox just used a tech demo of crackdown to get people to buy a console(which every company fucking does).

JT, you say you're not anti-xbox but most of your posts say otherwise. Anytime you can throw shade at them, you do....

I'm selling my xbone.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    JT, you say you're not anti-xbox but most of your posts say otherwise. Anytime you can throw shade at them, you do....
    When they do something postive ill talk about it. They haven't in recent memory, Not my fault if they keep making stupid choices. Yes Crackdown 3 being delayed and how it was showed off is different then his example of The Last Guardian and he even went into detail why its different.

If all you got from his video was him "Shitting On Xbox" then you didn't pay attention to it.

Yes its Original reveal was in fact what he said, A tech demo to show off "THE CLOUD" and that has fallen on its face. Yes they original advertised the shit out of that and passed it off as to way the power difference between PS4/XB1 didn't matter.

Hell Microsoft has openly admitted that they revealed Crackdown 3 way too soon. That alone back's such statements as them showing it as a tech demo.

If Sony did the same thing I would bash them for it too (Like the bullshit they pulled with PS3/Killzone 2). Give me something positive to talk about and I will.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-26 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they do something postive ill talk about it. They haven't in recent memory, Not my fault if they keep making stupid choices. Yes Crackdown 3 being delayed and how it was showed off is different then his example of The Last Guardian and he even went into detail why its different.

If all you got from his video was him "Shitting On Xbox" then you didn't pay attention to it.

Yes its Original reveal was in fact what he said, A tech demo to show off "THE CLOUD" and that has fallen on its face. Yes they original advertised the shit out of that and passed it off as to way the power difference between PS4/XB1 didn't matter.

Hell Microsoft has openly admitted that they revealed Crackdown 3 way too soon. That alone back's such statements as them showing it as a tech demo.

If Sony did the same thing I would bash them for it too (Like the bullshit they pulled with PS3/Killzone 2). Give me something positive to talk about and I will.
    Can you stop the facade. No one is falling for your act. You would still just complain, while making excuses for others. No one is asking you to talk about anything. You are not an ordained mouth piece of gaming news. You simply do it yourself.

Maybe you should be upset about cross play. Oh right, you just make excuses.

Remember when someone had the nerve to say Ubisoft won E3 in your presence? Despite a pretty big consensus that Ubisoft did win E3 2017 (shockingly enough) or Maybe Nintendo?
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-08-26 at 03:27 PM.

Thing is....I've never seen you post positively about Xbox....We've both been around long enough and have both gotten into arguments with each other over PS4 v Xbox numerous times. If you honestly think Xbox has done nothing positive this generation then that's all you....but that doesn't change the fact that you throw all this shade towards MS, but if Sony does something similar(which they have) it's A-Okay to you. What I said was the truth about the video though, every company uses tech demos to promote their console. Do you remember when Sony used an FF7 tech demo to reveal the PS3's power? Probably was okay though since it was Sony. Companies use tech demos, it's okay. But the guy in the video lost credibility to me the second he gave the last guardian a pass but then continued to shit over MS with xbox. He did bring up that he would've been okay with it if the studio had issues, like team ico, but i mean...issues or not...the last guardian was announced as a PS3 title and didn't come out til the PS4.....that's not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Thing is....I've never seen you post positively about Xbox....We've both been around long enough and have both gotten into arguments with each other over PS4 v Xbox numerous times. If you honestly think Xbox has done nothing positive this generation then that's all you....but that doesn't change the fact that you throw all this shade towards MS, but if Sony does something similar(which they have) it's A-Okay to you. What I said was the truth about the video though, every company uses tech demos to promote their console. Do you remember when Sony used an FF7 tech demo to reveal the PS3's power? Probably was okay though since it was Sony. Companies use tech demos, it's okay. But the guy in the video lost credibility to me the second he gave the last guardian a pass but then continued to shit over MS with xbox. He did bring up that he would've been okay with it if the studio had issues, like team ico, but i mean...issues or not...the last guardian was announced as a PS3 title and didn't come out til the PS4.....that's not okay.
    To be honest I forgot about the FF7 video and I thought that was shitty as well. I even gave a example of Sony doing it shitty with PS3/Killzone 2. Also I have spoken about Xbox doing postive things in the past.

The way they are handling Backwards comparability is great. The way Sony is doing it shitty. I would be more ok with Sony's way if it was baked in to PS+ but it isn't.

Its not ok with any company uses a IP as a tech demo and nothing more. Sony's PS4 Tech Demo was The Order 1886 and while I thought it was a decent game. It should not have been full price, 2 different CE's and be short as fuck.

I can give you a list of things with PS4/PS3 I was not ok with. Like I said give me some positive shit to say about XB1 and ill be the first to say it (Gears 4 was great IMO).

I 100% agree about The Last Guardian. It being a PS3 announced title and not coming out until PS4 was shit. It also should have released at $40 and not drop to $40 at a later date. Both of those things IMO hurt the game a lot because by then people just gave up interest.

I have just a small amount of negative shit to say about PS4 because Sony has been knocking it out of the park this gen.

Want proof of me saying something negative about Sony here you go...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ice-Increasing

You even commented in that thread. (3rd page)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-26 at 04:34 PM.

JT trying to act like Microsoft has done nothing good meanwhile they're more consumer friendly than Sony by a mile at this point with allowing games you owned from previous generations to work on the newest gen without paying for them over and over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    JT trying to act like Microsoft has done nothing good meanwhile they're more consumer friendly than Sony by a mile at this point with allowing games you owned from previous generations to work on the newest gen without paying for them over and over and over again.
    You do realize I pointed out in the post above this one that Microsoft doing BC has been great right?

Also them doing one thing better then Sony doesn't make them more consumer friendly. But if I had to pick what company is more consumer friendly it would be MS by just a tiny bit. BC plus having ur digital games (first party mostly) play on both Xbox and PC is great consumer friendly things.

Sony has gotten cocky since they have such a lead, but they haven't turned into the devil. I personally rather have new IP's to play over BC but hey that's me.

You do realize I pointed out in the post above this one that Microsoft doing BC has been great right?

Also them doing one thing better then Sony doesn't make them more consumer friendly. But if I had to pick what company is more consumer friendly it would be MS by just a tiny bit. BC plus having ur digital games (first party mostly) play on both Xbox and PC is great consumer friendly things.

Sony has gotten cocky since they have such a lead, but they haven't turned into the devil. I personally rather have new IP's to play over BC but hey that's me.
    I agree Sony is kicking microsofts teeth in sideways in a business sense and in first party single player exclusives. I just think Microsoft has done very well on improving their image since the xbone launch debacle. For me personally, it's the controller and my brother that's kept me from switching to the PS4 and that most single player games are one and done for me for which I end up buying a PS4 and returning it after a month.

My biggest issue with the current generation is how it's made game devs and publishing studios even scummier in an attempt to draw more people to one console or another. The fact that cd projekt red used misdirection to make it seem like they have no time to improve Witcher 3 for PS4 pro whereas they're happily doing it for xbone x was pretty dumb. And don't even get me started on destiny console exclusives. I love the game and I haven't quite felt the lack of content on the xbone for it in destiny 1 but it's just incredibly twisted the way bungie (not just activision) are handling this.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2017-08-26 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I agree Sony is kicking microsofts teeth in sideways in a business sense and in first party single player exclusives. I just think Microsoft has done very well on improving their image since the xbone launch debacle. For me personally, it's the controller and my brother that's kept me from switching to the PS4 and that most single player games are one and done for me for which I end up buying a PS4 and returning it after a month.
    Microsoft has done great at improve there image, But they had to do that as well. Just like at the start of this gen Sony had to improve there's because of all the fuck up's with the PS3. If there is another set of Next Gen consoles the roles may reverse once again. I personally prefer the PS4 controller over all (360 is 2nd best) but different strokes.

To be quite honest if I had to pick what company is the most Anti-Consumer and just outright shitty of the main three it would be Nintendo with the current state of how things are.

As I showed above, give me something negative about a company and ill speak about it. Give me something positive about a company and ill speak about that. Here lately there hasn't been anything Positive from Microsoft/Nintendo and news as been mostly dead on Sony's end.

Microsoft doing Cross-Play is a positive for them and the Xbox Community. That is great, what makes me not speak about is is the PR bullshit they tried to pull about Sony.

But to add to that.
    https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/xbox-a....google.com%2F

So it may be happening between the two consoles after all and that is great.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-26 at 05:04 PM.

It's ok to have a bias towards one console. Most people do. I myself have a bias towards Xbox. Mainly because I feel that it has the better online service, vastly superior controller, IPs that I still enjoy playing, and the fact that pretty much all of my friends game on Xbox. Not to mention that MS has been busting their butts to improve the user experience on the system since launch while Sony's been sitting on their ass (from a system perspective, not an exclusives perspective).

But own up to it when you have a bias. The thing about you which annoys most people on here is when you act like you don't have a bias towards a game, console, or company and yet your words and actions most definitely show otherwise. Just own up to it and defend your points.....but don't act like you're not guilty of Sony bias.....because most of your posts since the current gen consoles were announced have been heavily in favor of Sony and very anti-MS.