Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And if a meteorite hadn't wiped out the dinosaurs we'd all be bipedal lizard-men.

But neither of those things happened, now did they?
    I dunno, I heard the reptilians are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Most of the people on this forum or in the news complaining about the countries they live in have, never been hungry, never been homeless, never lived without electricity or indoor plumbing, never seen war, and never lived under a truly authoritarian regime. Generally speaking, this sort political outrage and virtue signalling is a privlage of the bored and overfed inhabitants of the 1st world. Don't pay it much mind any further than its ability to entertain you.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm pretty sure his point was that chronically-offended people, such as those quoted in the article, would've found a way to turn either scenario into something that is oppressing them -- you know, the same way all of the minorities in the U.S., excluding the Asians who're too busy winning to be victimized, suddenly realized that their struggles today are directly caused by statues of men who died a century before their grandparents were born.
    Yeah, basically I'm just saying the people that were against Brexit would have said Brexit did horrible things regardless, because they wouldn't admit they were wrong about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

If its so bad why are so many trying to sneak into the UK?

At least the British liberals have some integrity and are leaving. Our liberals in the USA said "I'm going to leave if Trump wins" Then he won and they go "um yeah I won't leave, instead I'll just throw temper tantrums, block traffic and destroy property" What do we have to do in the USA to get our liberals to leave? I'd be dancing in the streets if we could get them to move out.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm hoping to be out of the UK in the next couple of years, i'd already be out but my current situation won't just let me upsticks.

No intention of going down with this ship, let the Brexiteers rule the ashes.
    Way to turn on your country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If its so bad why are so many trying to sneak into the UK?
    Because the people that voted to stay are delusional.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

now only if the people that said they would move to canada if trump was elected would keep the promise they made

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    now only if the people that said they would move to canada if trump was elected would keep the promise they made
    Those people aren't really worried cause they know Trump isn't going to win again, his ratings are down the tube. Also it was pretty much him or some crazy women that nobody really wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...-the-trump-era

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The UK is gonna get itself destroyed during negotiations. The EU is going to rake it over the coals.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't fit the narrative though, Masark

People didn't get what they wanted and now they are leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Pretty much. I'll steal a word from the Conservatives of America .... They're "Snowflakes"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Why do I want brexit to fail.
    Way to start, you already hope your country fails.

Firstly look at how the £ basically got wrecked over night because of it. A healthy UK economy needs to £ to be worth about $2 not $1.30ish if lucky.
    Healthy economy for whom?

Fithly free movement of people is a cornerstone of being civilized. I for one see no reason why someone born outside of artificial lines on a map should be treated as an inferior to someone who plopped out of a vagina on our side of it. Zero, none. Sorry but to me a human is a human and if I own a business I should have the right to hire who I want regardless of what a passport says they're from. Or sell my house to or marry or whatever. Ntohing is going to change that stance because it's discriminatory and bullshit nationalism.
    This appeal to feelings has zero value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Being mature is overrated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I've just left the UK to move to Amsterdam due to partially Brexit related reasons, so I guess I'm included in this!
    We know you just moved there for the weed. Cant fool us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Brexit seems like a major success. Out from EU and the unpatriotic traitors leave the country on their own volition
    And once they're all out the shit will be contained to just one island. Kek.

Maybe France should give it a good shove so it floats out into the Atlantic.

So are we done throwing poop at each other like retarded monkeys? No? Hmm, maybe that's why they're leaving...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    and go where?

Where are you going to find a place to be more British than the U.K.?
    The set of Neighbours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe France should give it a good shove so it floats out into the Atlantic.
    You're thinking too small. Let's launch them to orbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    At least the British liberals have some integrity and are leaving. Our liberals in the USA said "I'm going to leave if Trump wins" Then he won and they go "um yeah I won't leave, instead I'll just throw temper tantrums, block traffic and destroy property" What do we have to do in the USA to get our liberals to leave? I'd be dancing in the streets if we could get them to move out.
    So many people logged onto Canada's immigration website on election night that it crashed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-lead-grows
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Brexit seems like a major success. Out from EU and the unpatriotic traitors leave the country on their own volition
    Didn't realize disagreeing with a geo-political stance made someone unpatriotic and a traitor.

That'd make Trump a traitor to Obama, with that sort of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Didn't realize disagreeing with a geo-political stance made someone unpatriotic and a traitor.

That'd make Trump a traitor to Obama, with that sort of logic.
    In 2017 there exists only extremes in political "discussion".

Yeah, they should start now:

New data released by Canada's immigration office indicates only a slight year-over-year uptick in applications for Canadian citizenship in 2017.

In the first four months of 2016, an average of 264 people filed applications each month. This year, the number rose to 400 in that period — that's more than a 50% jump from 2016 but just half of the average from 2012. The data actually suggests a trend of declining applications overall.

Threatening to move north is something of a tradition during US election cycles. Roughly half of the country is guaranteed to be disappointed with the outcome, and many people take comfort in Canada's proximity.

After the November election, Canada was one of a few countries that opened its arms to Americans, along with New Zealand and Ireland.

However, becoming a Canadian citizen is an expensive, time-consuming process. Applicants must pony up more than $500 just to apply, and those who get accepted must have a sponsor, such as an employer or spouse, to vouch that the immigrant will be able to live comfortably.

Only then will the permanent residency clock start moving — full citizenship will come roughly six years later.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-canada-2017-7

I think you can get rushed through the process if you're a nurse, doctor or some other STEM but most of Canada's STEM have moved to the US, like 800,000 of them so we can afford to send a few back.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-28 at 07:46 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Some of you guys posting here makes their point fully, such ignorance... stunning.

I moved out from the UK as of August last year. Unrelated to Brexit though, I moved in with my GF who is Dutch. However it did suck to see people vote massively in favour of leave. My father being one of them, it was his choice mind you and we had some debates on it.

For me I just hope the deals go well for both parties, I want free movement to remain for me personally. I get where the people who left post brexit are coming from though. A lot of it seems to be that after the vote the government acts like leave won by a landslide when in reality it was a much closer affair (2%). Calling it the "will" of the British people just annoys me.

But moaning aside everyone should just do what they think is best for them. If these people feel that leaving the UK is in their best interest more power to them.