Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

UK girl was forced into foster home where ‘nobody spoke English

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/28/christ...glish-6883624/

the girl – a native English speaker – has spent the past six months in two very traditional Muslim households where her carers wore niqabs and burqas, and she was encouraged to learn Arabic.
    Wearing the niqab or burqa tends to indicate adherence to a very conservative, Salafi-influenced interpretation of Islam.
    The foster placements were made against the wishes of the girl’s family, the paper reported, by the borough of Tower Hamlets in London.
    In the reports, a social services supervisor describes how the child cried and begged not to be returned to one foster home because ‘they don’t speak English’.
    Christian girl was forced into foster home where 'nobody spoke English'
    The niqab and burqa tends to indicate adherence to a very conservative interpretation of Islam – file photo (Picture: Getty)
    The girl was said to be ‘very distressed’ that the foster carer had allegedly removed her cross necklace, and also suggested she learn Arabic.
    It’s also claimed that when the child was given her favourite Italian food to take home – carbonara – her carer wouldn’t let her eat it because it contained bacon.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/28/christ...#ixzz4r2sBndgJ
    This is fucking child abuse.. I hope head roll for this..

Deleted
    This isn't child abuse, but they need to have a better system to put certain children in homes suitable to them if possible. It rather seems like a massive oversight to me than abuse. That said, was there a better alternative for the child, more suitable available families and how urgent had the child needed to be replaced?

I saw that and i thought WTF how can the council be that stupid then i saw it was Tower Hamlets and then i just sighed

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    This isn't child abuse, but they need to have a better system to put certain children in homes suitable to them if possible. It rather seems like a massive oversight to me than abuse. That said, was there a better alternative for the child, more suitable available families and how urgent had the child needed to be replaced?
    Pretty sure forcibly trying to change a child's religion could reasonably be considered abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Pretty sure forcibly trying to change a child's religion could reasonably be considered abuse.
    Where did it say they forced her into becoming muslim?

Heads must roll after this but then after the Rotheram and Roachdale scandals most likely those who made this decision will retire then get rehired to another job!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    I saw that and i thought WTF how can the council be that stupid then i saw it was Tower Hamlets and then i just sighed
    I thought it was either going to be somewhere like rotherham or tower hamlets

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    Where did it say they forced her into becoming muslim?
    Well, taking away her religious iconography and forcing her to follow tenets of their religion is the first step. Can you imagine the outcry if a Muslim girl was placed with an English family and they took away her hijabs/niqabs/burqas and fed her pork products?

This is just horrible and beyond language issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Oh no someone is "forced" to learn something about a different culture and gets free arabic language lessons mimimimimimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Oh no someone is "forced" to learn something about a different culture and gets free arabic language lessons mimimimimimi.
    Yeah i bet she cant wait to wear that burqa

Sorry, but the articel say nothing about forcing her into a another religion only that she has to respect the relgion in the house she is living.

You've got to be fucking kidding me, she's placed in a family where they don't eat bacon because they believe an invisible man in the sky is going to punish them if they do, and they remove her right to do so, then they remove her cross because it's not THEIR fucked up religion. Such tolerance. Wow.

Yeah, "learning". Wouldn't you like to go to school and have your lunch taken away from you as you "learned" about different "cultures" (read: savages who need to take courses about modern society).

Sorry, but the articel say nothing about forcing her into a another religion only that she has to respect the relgion in the house she is living.
    O really?

You really think she wanted out because they didnt speak English?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Those people shouldn't have been allowed to adopt.

This sort of logic undermines Christian acolytes that maintained their faith despite the possibility of being crucified and martyred for their faith if it was discovered.

- - - Updated - - -

O really?

You really think she wanted out because they didnt speak English?
    Frankly? Yes. Language barrier is a nightmare, especially when you consider Arabic isn't exactly English's first cousin, linguistically speaking.

The most disgusting thing about all this bullshit is that if an arab kid came to England and he was asked not to do certain things and media caught whiff of it all hell would break loose about the "intolerant British oppressor and his intolerant ways".

Fuck society, the hypocrisy is reaching boiling point, I'm almost wishing for a civil world war now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    You've got to be fucking kidding me, she's placed in a family where they don't eat bacon because they believe an invisible man in the sky is going to punish them if they do, and they remove her right to do so, then they remove her cross because it's not THEIR fucked up religion. Such tolerance. Wow.

Yeah, "learning". Wouldn't you like to go to school and have your lunch taken away from you as you "learned" about different "cultures" (read: savages who need to take courses about modern society).
    It's almost as if it's exactly comparable to my time as a young boy being told by all the old Christian zealots that being gay is a "sin" and that only heathens look for love in the arms of another man.

Indoctrination outrage is a two way street. Christianity is a far cry from innocence.

Dont paint it like they starved her, she know it was wrong for eating pork in a muslim household. Also you cant tell me that they took her lunch and not replaced it with a real meal.

na it's okay she too believes in some indivisible man in the sky. They deserve each other don't you think? And let's be frank, shes 16 not 10. If she has a problem with it, she can eat her bacon somewhere else, go to the police or whatever. Taking away belongings is still theft. Starving someone is still a crime. Or like every good teenager, she could steal all the money she can find and party for a few days which will show quite beautiful how her feelings about the rules are.