Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Err yeah, once you get to the point of sending death threats it might be time to take a step back. People take this internet stuff way too personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Don't be so sure that you'll have a port to everywhere you need. Most likely they will take you as close to your target as flight masters did. Not more, not less.
    Except they're kinda... INSTANT. I never understand people.
    "Boohoo flight masters take too long to get to and from"
    *gives you a whistle to teleport to flight paths*

"Well they still take like 3 minutes to go from one to another across the zone. Too long I hate it"
    *makes them instantaneous*

"Fuck that I just want to fly"

The game has changed to cater to people who don't like to deal with travel time. The game has such a minimal travel time now on Argus. I don't understand why that isn't good enough lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Oh FFS.

You completely glazed over the part where I said requiring an entire planet to be made in order for flying to work isn't a valid argument. When has having an entire planet EVER been a requirement for flying to work? This is just one more unreasonable excuse for people to hate on flying without actually having a real reason.

And Blizzard doesn't NEED unlimited resources. As I keep pointing out, they have already used flying in content in past expansions. Flying is not some magical anti-fun, inverted, content destroying, developer breaking mechanic that causes games to implode. Stop acting like it is.
    You are right they don't need to make it look like a whole planet, it can just look like Outlands! A bunch of floating zones, not like Argus is a planet or anything. This is the first time they have had to fake an entire planet before, and the no flying has always, ALWAYS been a thing for patch zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I quit because WoW is a joke now, no single feature was the cause, it was many. I did collect mounts and pets in 1.0, I could give two shits less what you think or believe. I have the frostsaber rep and mounts to prove it.
    Ok? That's nice, all I said was that you were incorrect about something, either that you played in classic, or that you were flying since 04 which wasn't even possible.

I'll never understand why people who quit the game still come on the game fansites just to complain about features that they feel they are entitled to have. It's like you've quit the game, but you can't let go of the reasons that made you quit the game so you feel compelled to complain somewhere about it.

OT: Flying takes away as much as it adds to the game. Sure it makes things convenient as can be, but it also makes the game feel like it's not really a mmorpg and it ends up feeling like a crane game you'd find in an arcade where you drop from the sky, do your thing then fly off.

I'll admit that sure some of the zones in Legion were really bad terrain-wise, but honestly flying doesn't really help with that when you need to still fly over a giant mountain just to get back to the main quest hub. And people say that because we suffered with stuff like highmountain that we should have zones that are completely flat like barrens mostly was because that adds so much more to the game than a zone with giant mountain peaks and stuff, that's just insane honestly.

We aren't the game devs, we really don't have much real say over how the game should look or feel, so either deal with it and adapt, or stop complaining. Argus is a zone with giant ship killing demons wandering around, would it really make sense for players to be safe flying around when it wasn't safe for one of the most powerful ships in the army of light? No it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    You are right they don't need to make it look like a whole planet, it can just look like Outlands! A bunch of floating zones, not like Argus is a planet or anything. This is the first time they have had to fake an entire planet before, and the no flying has always, ALWAYS been a thing for patch zones.
    No-fly islands have always been couched in a larger world where flying was available on launch day for the expansion, and flying was possible in most of the zones for most of the expansion. Unlike WoD and Legion where flying is locked away behind a shit-list of annoying tasks, and treated like an afterthought. Blizzard literally let players fly in Legion for less time than it took to obtain it in the first place before going right back to the no-fly design.

So don't try to use "no-fly islands were always a thing" as a justification for this bullshit. Not only is it a invalid of an argument as the "Flying needs a whole planet worth of content" argument, but it wasn't even good to begin with. All you're saying is that no-flying is ok because it's what blizzard has always done. That's not a justification. That's just blindly following.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

"Well they still take like 3 minutes to go from one to another across the zone. Too long I hate it"

The game has changed to cater to people who don't like to deal with travel time. The game has such a minimal travel time now on Argus. I don't understand why that isn't good enough lol
    Your inability to understand people, including yourself, is quite obvious, since you keep arguing with yourself.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    OT: Flying takes away as much as it adds to the game. Sure it makes things convenient as can be, but it also makes the game feel like it's not really a mmorpg and it ends up feeling like a crane game you'd find in an arcade where you drop from the sky, do your thing then fly off.
    Sure, it can have that effect....if the zone design is shit. Why do people keep assuming that Blizzard is so incompetent, especially when the example most pro-fliers use to support flying is Icecrown or Stormpeaks? You guys are so subconsciously convinced that flying automatically bad that you assume it will make everything worse just by existing. Seriously, WTF?

How about instead of making that assumption, you ask yourself what would happen if Argus had one or two zones that were like Icecrown? Do you really think that such a zone would "take away as much as it adds"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    We aren't the game devs, we really don't have much real say over how the game should look or feel, so either deal with it and adapt, or stop complaining.
    Oh great...one more version of "Like whatever Blizzard does without condition, or GTFO". Really? Games will keep getting worse and more anti-consumer the more people just shut up and pay without ever criticizing or voicing displeasure. If you don't like seeing people asking for the game to be better, then maybe you're the one that should stop complaining and deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No-fly islands have always been couched in a larger world where flying was available on launch day for the expansion, and flying was possible in most of the zones for most of the expansion. Unlike WoD and Legion where flying is locked away behind a shit-list of annoying tasks, and treated like an afterthought. Blizzard literally let players fly in Legion for less time than it took to obtain it in the first place before going right back to the no-fly design.

So don't try to use "no-fly islands were always a thing" as a justification for this bullshit. Not only is it a invalid of an argument as the "Flying needs a whole planet worth of content" argument, but it wasn't even good to begin with. All you're saying is that no-flying is ok because it's what blizzard has always done. That's not a justification. That's just blindly following.
    Or because i just don't see a problem with it? I was fine with no flying on the Broken Isles, Broken Shore, and Argus because it really doesn't bother me. I enjoy having flying now, but whether they added it or not didn't matter to me. Argus not having flying makes sense for the way they set it up with the skybox. Only other method would be making Argus a big island, which doesn't give a sense of scale or make sense for a planet ruptured and destroyed. I am sure you will survive Argus not having flying.

Because travel time may as well be called "wasted time". People play games to play them and travel time is nothing but a big fluff to time played and "player engagement" and whatever other time measurements they are using now. I assume the same people who love travel time in WoW would love it if Netflix added commercials every 5 to 10 minutes because flight paths are exactly the same pointless time sinks without the added benefit of perhaps by luck conveying some piece of information about something you might actually need.

Your inability to understand people, including yourself, is quite obvious, since you keep arguing with yourself.

/shrug
    I'm not arguing with myself?

There's no reason Argus should have flying. People have been complaining constantly about certain aspects of flightless zones citing various reasons why they dislike it. There's no pleasing them obviously. Blizzard has been removing more and more of those complaints but it doesn't change anything. I'm glad Blizzard is making improvements to a flightless game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Because travel time may as well be called "wasted time". People play games to play them and travel time is nothing but a big fluff to time played and "player engagement" and whatever other time measurements they are using now. I assume the same people who love travel time in WoW would love it if Netflix added commercials every 5 to 10 minutes because flight paths are exactly the same pointless time sinks without the added benefit of perhaps by luck conveying some piece of information about something you might actually need.
    They aren't the same at all lol

The game is an MMORPG. RPG games are usually built around big worlds. Go look at Skyrim. That game has a pretty big world. There are numerous games with big ass worlds. Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Borderlands... They ALL have travel time. It's a part of the game just like in WoW. WoW has finally stepped out of the dark ages with these teleportation zones but for some reason that isn't good enough.

The whole selling point of the game was that it was the WORLD of Warcraft. It wasn't just another Warcraft game with disconnected levels and loading screens. This was the whole world. Exploration and traveling throughout the world are key factors in the gameplay and have been since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Or because i just don't see a problem with it? I was fine with no flying on the Broken Isles, Broken Shore, and Argus because it really doesn't bother me. I enjoy having flying now, but whether they added it or not didn't matter to me. Argus not having flying makes sense for the way they set it up with the skybox. Only other method would be making Argus a big island, which doesn't give a sense of scale or make sense for a planet ruptured and destroyed. I am sure you will survive Argus not having flying.
    Floating islands, in a world that's literally broken into pieces, don't make sense? Do you you even read your own words?

Deleted
    There is no logical explaination to allow flying on an hostile territory like Argus.

Glad that mmo c users ARE NOT GAME DEV.

There's no reason Argus should have flying. People have been complaining constantly about certain aspects of flightless zones citing various reasons why they dislike it. There's no pleasing them obviously. Blizzard has been removing more and more of those complaints but it doesn't change anything. I'm glad Blizzard is making improvements to a flightless game.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is an MMORPG. RPG games are usually built around big worlds. Go look at Skyrim. That game has a pretty big world. There are numerous games with big ass worlds. Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Borderlands... They ALL have travel time. It's a part of the game just like in WoW. WoW has finally stepped out of the dark ages with these teleportation zones but for some reason that isn't good enough.

The whole selling point of the game was that it was the WORLD of Warcraft. It wasn't just another Warcraft game with disconnected levels and loading screens. This was the whole world. Exploration and traveling throughout the world are key factors in the gameplay and have been since its inception.
    Maybe people just like flying and don't like crawling. Think about it.

Maybe people just like flying and don't like crawling. Think about it.
    Then why are other games without flying and that have big worlds popular? Hmmmmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Floating islands, in a world that's literally broken into pieces, don't make sense? Do you you even read your own words?
    Outland had no rest of a planet, it was just those zones, floating in the Nether. That is not the case for Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They could tell players why though.
    I mean, it's quite clear that the game is worse without flying so it would be nice to know why they removed it.
    Having flying in new small content zones is an absolute clusterfuck. This has been the norm ever since MoP, why is it hard for you people to grasp this concept?

- - - Updated - - -

You can blah blah blah all you want about exploration. but if in fact, the game wasn't a game that involved doing things and was simply built around spending time moving around a cartoon world, it would have disappeared a long time ago. People play games to play them not to "explore". Exploration was over and done a long time ago and it doesn't alter the fact that spending 1-3-5 minutes on a fucking flight point isn't "exploring" anything, it is wasting time and would be better replaced by fast travel between flight points once you have crossed the precious precious terrain once on foot.

You may not value your time at all, but if I have an hour or two to play a game i don't want to spend 50% of that time playing and the other half moving from place to place with arbitrary delays and that is ALL a flight point is.

As to your point they are not the same at all - they are in fact exactly the same. You're engaging in an activity and have to STOP doing it for X amount of time before you can begin again. There is literally nothing about adding time via flight points that adds a damned thing to the game and for people with apparently infinite free time there is always the ability to "explore" on the ground instead of using the flight points.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Having flying in new small content zones is an absolute clusterfuck. This has been the norm ever since MoP, why is it hard for you people to grasp this concept?
    It's three zones though but yes, zones like Timeless isle and Tanaan were boring as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Because it is too hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's three zones though but yes, zones like Timeless isle and Tanaan were boring as fuck.
    [Source Needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    There is no logical explaination to allow flying on an hostile territory like Argus.

Glad that mmo c users ARE NOT GAME DEV.
    Looks back at all the hostile territory we flew around in for nearly a decade before Argus.

Looks at your reasoning.

It's not like we've made our entire career out of invading hostile, enemy controlled territory or anything. :/ This isn't even the first, or the second planet we've invaded. FFS, this is old hat for us. It's LESS believable and more immersion breaking that we can't fly.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-29 at 09:49 PM.