Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How have the fragile Naaru lasted this long?

Seriously, they are floating pieces of glass that constantly need saving by mortals. They don't do jack shit.

The Void is relentless and spawns creatures capable of ripping wounds in planets.

Purple jesus obliterated the prime Naaru in half a second with an eye beam. The fuck?

Maybe the Void is meant to take over, it's clearly stronger.

Agreed on all fronts. The Naaru have proven entirely useless thus far in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    I think the cinematic kinda proved that Illidan isn't taking over the role as WoW's Jesus, with Illidan denying all that Holy Illidan Jesus redemption bs.
    Also Illidan isn't just anybody, he's a very powerful being, might play a role in why he killed it so easily.
    I think it's just a way to show the good vs evil thing, the Void spreading insanity and chaos, where the Light inspires the good in people and makes them want to defend the less fortunate. It makes sense to make the Naaru weaker, why else would we have a reason to be there, instead of just watching the fight from the sideline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Naaru are powerful, though their power relative to the Void and its spawn isn't really known. The recently-redeemed K'ara in WoD was able to charge up a blast that completely obliterated the large Iron Horde invasion force at Karabor (its landed infantry and siege weaponry all the way to the destroyers in the harbor), and Tu'ure was able to single-handedly destroy a powerful incarnation of Dimensius (a Void Lord) though at the cost of its own destruction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I like how illidan rejected that HE NEEDED redemption he has always stood by his choices he made and made the difficult choices. To then be shackled and forced to be an instrument of someones vision? Im so glad he did what needed to be done.

The best satisfaction was all the players that took Xe'ras words and visions as gospel vs looking at the big picture. Illidan laughs at those deluded players

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean X'era was not at all in full power at this point. She had the equivalent of heart bypass surgery immediately before this event.
    What if that hearth transplant made her more powerful?

(just guessing)

And what about Illidan power right now?

X'era was weakened, and Illidan is one of the most powerful characters in Warcraft lore.

I don't see a problem.

The Void wiels power of destruction, the Light wields power of creation. In war, power to destroy might seem vastly superior to power to create, yet that's not what ultimately decides victory. Void offers nothing, it can only feed on what was already created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And what about Illidan power right now?
    If he recovered to himself shortly before TBC (the one described in the novel), he might be one of the most powerful characters on our side at the moment (not counting the Titans, of course). Probably the most, if we don't count Malfurion (an angry Malfurion is brokenly powerful, but he hasn't gotten that mad much during this expansion).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    In war, power to destroy might seem vastly superior to power to create, yet that's not what ultimately decides victory.
    Doesn't seem that way so far. Naaru are dropping like flies left and right with no slowing in sight. If the light has the power to create, why don't we see any Naaru being made? All the beings of light are either becoming corrupted by Fel or Void, or being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Doesn't seem that way so far. Naaru are dropping like flies left and right with no slowing in sight. If the light has the power to create, why don't we see any Naaru being made? All the beings of light are either becoming corrupted by Fel or Void, or being destroyed.
    Well, the Legion and the Old Gods (or OGs' followers) have been dropping left and right as well up until now (including previous expansions). It's just the Naaru's turn to get their limelight :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The Naaru have proven entirely useless thus far in game.
    They were more helpful in BC, but I wouldn't call them useless
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Army of sla- I mean devoted followers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Illidans really Sargeras and he's just playing with his toys

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Xe'ra was drained of power. Also in her questline she mentioned disappearing once she'd done what needed to be done.

Could be she was transferring her own energy into Illidan, leaving her vulnerable.

Naaru have always seems pretty weak to me. Many of them were killed or defeated easily. I think the one in Exodar quest got one shot like this too. I don't think Xe'ra was even close to Kil'jaeden in power. KJ soloed Illidan,Velen and Khadgar no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    X'era was weakened, and Illidan is one of the most powerful characters in Warcraft lore.

I don't see a problem.
    Since the opposite of a Naaru is supposedly an Old God, then you shouldn't see a problem if you see Illidan kill N'Zoth all by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Since the opposite of a Naaru is supposedly an Old God, then you shouldn't see a problem if you see Illidan kill N'Zoth all by himself.
    Opposite does not really mean equal power. Also there is no sysmetry in the manifestations of the cosmic forces in the first place. Titans do not have equal power to the demons.

Being powerfull does not mean you are powerfull on all fronts. I think naaru are literally glass cannons in that regard. They can channel a shit ton of energy (light and shadow) but they aren't invincible because of that. The concept isn't exactly new, just think about conventional weaponry, a gun can unleash a lot of kinetic energy, but If you bring a hammer down on the mechanics inside them you end up with a useless piece of metal. Not every power level system follows DBZ .

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed on all fronts. The Naaru have proven entirely useless thus far in game.
    agreed too, for the light equivalent of the old gods, they sure do suck. But then it's warcraft, darkness is always more vastly powerful than it's counterpart and requires the regular hero to come around rescue it