View Poll Results: What should be done about catcalling/street harassment?

Voters
129. This poll is closed
  • Fines

19 14.73%
  • Name and shame

6 4.65%
  • Improved education

20 15.50%
  • Victims should just toughen up

84 65.12%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    These men need to learn only attractive men are allowed to make advances at women. :3
    What kind of a woman would respond positively to catcalling? You'd have to be total trash to find it positive being catcalled.

wow this is retarded
    mr pickles

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What kind of a woman would respond positively to catcalling? You'd have to be total trash to find it positive being catcalled.
    Its called being hit on when the guy is good looking enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No, it's not.

Deleted
    I think families have to just raise their kids better. This problem isn't something we can solve overnight.

Good luck enforcing that.

Up next: Offering to buy a drink is preemptive date rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I think families have to just raise their kids better. This problem isn't something we can solve overnight.
    Sure it is, the questions is should we, I say yes, you make it painful enough for the people that do this shit, and it will stop.

Now what do we give up, well some people say a tradition where a great many people might not have ever met or fallen in love, so the question becomes where does that fall in the lines of priority, what kind law should be made.

Or do you just say, fuck it deal with it, unless someone literally full on grabs someone and throws them down and penetrates them with a clear signed affidavit saying NO, then we shouldn't do anything?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Way to make men even more unlikely to approach women. Flirt the wrong way because you don't know what's appropriate yet? Goodbye, paycheck.

Education is the only sane way to approach something this petty. Only repeat offenders who have been condemned for their actions before and keep doing it anyway should be a concern. (Barring the groping example brought up, that is still harassment worth immediately punishing.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I disagree with the premise.

Also, it doesn't matter who gets impacted the most, what matters is that our citizens feel safe when walking on the streets.
    Perceived safety is such an interesting thing, especially when applying it to the sexes.

I can only begin to wonder how this will be abused by women.

Hell, it's called romantic when it's a good looking guy (or at least one the woman finds attractive).

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Way to make men even more unlikely to approach women. Flirt the wrong way because you don't know what's appropriate yet? Goodbye, paycheck.

Education is the only sane way to approach something this petty. Only repeat offenders who have been condemned for their actions before and keep doing it anyway should be a concern. (Barring the groping example brought up, that is still harassment worth immediately punishing.)
    The dream future of liberals it seems is a sexless world of dull people too scared to interact unless sanctioned by a state bureaucrat and submitted to a judge for review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Does this mean they will fine people for drive by shootings? That is street harassment after all, or does that not count?

Deleted
    Incarceration would be best. Possibly some canning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Hell, it's called romantic when it's a good looking guy (or at least one the woman finds attractive).
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never seen this happen in my life, why is the OP so hell bent on fabricating outrage over something that isn't really a major problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    The dream future of liberals it seems is a sexless world of dull people too scared to interact unless sanctioned by a state bureaucrat and submitted to a judge for review.
    Yeah and centrist Dream where Centrist a day when people conduct their fucking personal sex lives on their own time and not fucking involve everybody else in their dramatic bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Incarceration would be best. Possibly some canning.
    Why incarcerations if they aren't dangerous and why the fuck would you can people, what the hell does that solve?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's no big deal and they should toughen up.

Symbolism, really.

How and who is going to enforce this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Apparently they needed to put /s. Its a sad world we live in where liberals think jokes mocking their authoritarianism are actual opinions of fellow liberals. How disgusting you all are.
    Or perhaps people should error on saying what they mean and meaning what they say. Maybe when a person turns everything into a joke, people don't take you seriously until a person becomes a joke.