Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys are harping on the eye thing too much, the golden eyes were clearly just the light emitting from X'era and once she was dead the room got unbrightened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It simply means not every light entity is good and that in itself is rather refreshing. Naaru were once described as the most noble beings of all and one of their greatest beings focused on its own agenda ,mortal desires be damned is a step in the right direction.
    She was the only one that acted like that. I think when dealing with forces like Light and Void it would of been better if there was a hidden reason behind it but what's done is done. Xe'ra's dead(Never liked her).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    All it shows is Xe'ra wanting to force it's will upon others. Doesn't mean the Light is evil or anything like that.
    Context is important. When you have Illidan going around being a smug bastard about others' faith, allow nobody to disagree with him openly, then follow it up with that, of course people will conclude that he's just right about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She was the only one that acted like that. I think when dealing with forces like Light and Void it would of been better if there was a hidden reason behind it but what's done is done. Xe'ra's dead(Never liked her).
    She set the precedence and from this moment forward every light entity could have such a set of motives from now on they are not universally good or bad and considering how long all of this seemed to have been in the making with Velens name alone it is nice to finally see it come to fruition.

10+ Year Old Account
    She set the precedence and from this moment forward every light entity could have such a set of motives from now on they are not universally good or bad and considering how long all of this seemed to have been in the making with Velens name alone it is nice to finally see it come to fruition.
    Yeah and it still makes little sense to me. She shouldn't of been introduced in the first place but I don't want to derail. When I first learned of her chastising us about killing Illidan well when I found it out for myself. I felt annoyed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    Context is important. When you have Illidan going around being a smug bastard about others' faith, allow nobody to disagree with him openly, then follow it up with that, of course people will conclude that he's just right about everything.
    Illidan is a hypocrite and it would have worked better with a different character, all that really matters to me personally is that the light is finally no longer a force of uncontested good, just a force with its own little outlook and goals which can run contrary to the best interest of mortals.

So X'era died 3 times, so... n'zoth is comming

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    So X'era died 3 times, so... n'zoth is comming
    When was her second death?

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    When was her second death?
    Soon, you will see

Clearly shows that the light can be as corrupting as the Void or Fel. That is exactly what Xe'ra was doing to Illidan, corrupting him. Except with yellow light instead of purple or green.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Why is forcing someone's destiny wrong if the safety of the universe is at stake?

Ironically, Illidan himself says "sometimes the hand of fate must be forced."
    Well Illidan doesn't want to turn into a holy-demon , He has sacrificed so much that he doesn't want to throw all of them into garbage (Skull of Gul'dan , having your eyes burned and having Demonic Tattoos , the list goes on) He wants to be himself , He wants to end the Legion and he wants his own destiny ... So there is no need to get purified by Naruu , But she asked for it and she got her answer by getting killed

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I took it as more Illidan talking down to someone when he couldn't have possibly done any better if he were in Velen's hooves.

I agree. Besides, with how old Velen is, its ridiculous to assume that he's never once looked back on his life and wondered things like that. Hells bells, look at that sacrifice they had to make in Shattrath when the orcs were trying to kill them all off; Velen personally blessed a bunch of random people (even kids) to stay behind and get killed off by the orcs to make it look realistic enough for the rest of them to make it out. That may not even be the first time such a thing happened.

Also; Velen lived long enough to have the last laugh over both those other bitches that kowtowed to Sargeras, and every single dranei left standing is part of that history, seeing it resolve with their own eyes. If he had have done things differently, who can say if they'd have still made it?

I think Illidan just likes to talk about stuff like that since they're very different people; yet with similar strong willpower.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I realize that there's no one else that would ever talk so bluntly and frankly about that stuff with him. Its interesting.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2017-08-30 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Or you know, simply he has been too long under her spell?
    it obviously has something to do with her death, what it means, we dont know yet.
    Maybe his eyes were reflecting her glowing light ? and they faded away when she died

Also he got calm few moments after the cinematic so there goes that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Loved this cinematic. I DO kinda wonder what light illidan would look like though.
    I knew something was up with xe'ra from the start, never trusted her.
    Golden Tattoos , Golden Eyes , Golden Wings ... Yah boring

They avoided pulling another Xel'naga Kerrigan Bullshit , Since no one liked it
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-08-30 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think this may imply that Illidan as a character will end with this xpac and he will really be the jailor forever.
    If anything like that starts to happen, I'd love if Velen hired him as a military trainer and Illidan set up a base on Bloodmyst Isle, teaching Dranei and Orcs to be demon hunters if any of them feel like it after all this. He'd get to claim diplomatic immunity from the elves trying to arrest him and rub Maiev's nose in it every day x)
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Turalyon survived 1000 years, his connection to X'era is the only semi logical explanation for his survival and we know people get glowing eyes if they are heavily attuned to different kinds of magic, the draenei of the army of the light all have golden eyes and different skin color due to their very close connection to the light.
    I'm still quite interested in exactly *how* Turalyon "survived 1,000 years" given that he's only been MIA from Azeroth for a couple decades. I'm hoping this discrepancy is explained somewhere - because even if time within the Nether is somehow on a different gradient than the physical universe there's still the issue of his time in or around Argus which as far as we know is in the physical universe as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm still quite interested in exactly *how* Turalyon "survived 1,000 years" given that he's only been MIA from Azeroth for a couple decades. I'm hoping this discrepancy is explained somewhere - because even if time within the Nether is somehow on a different gradient than the physical universe there's still the issue of his time in or around Argus which as far as we know is in the physical universe as well.
    I mean the could go with the Light basically makes him live much longer or Xe'ra blessed him. The Twisting Nether having no concept of time could help but we see Turalyon having a white beard so he aged a little...I guess?

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yeah, but as Well said. Illidan is either maxed out on charisma or Velen didn't have that much faith to begin with if he sits idly by saying nothing after Illidan nuked Xe'ra.

His faith might have been shaken, but the writers are really pushing that he's not just shaken, but changed with this inaction.

I can't shake the feeling that he knows/understands something that we don't. He had the presence of mind to instantly mitigate the fallout by talking to everyone in the room who saw it happen, then tells us to throw a few pieces of the freaking Naaru Prime into the furnace downstairs to power it up.

I'm convinced that it has to do with the point that he reiterated a couple times about 'feeling' her energy still around though her form was vaporized. Maybe if she re-forms she'll have better manners or be less overbearing? I dunno--but Velen seemed pretty calm. Even his reaction if you talk to him was basically "Welp, that escalated quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Maybe the Naaru kept him alive ? Or being within the Twisting Nether , Can be both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that he knows/understands something that we don't. He had the presence of mind to instantly mitigate the fallout by talking to everyone in the room who saw it happen, then tells us to throw a few pieces of the freaking Naaru Prime into the furnace downstairs to power it up.

I'm convinced that it has to do with the point that he reiterated a couple times about 'feeling' her energy still around though her form was vaporized. Maybe if she re-forms she'll have better manners or be less overbearing? I dunno--but Velen seemed pretty calm. Even his reaction if you talk to him was basically "Welp, that escalated quickly."
    I'd imagine after seeing shit go down for over 25 000 years you kind of stop being fazed very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I agree. Besides, with how old Velen is, its ridiculous to assume that he's never once looked back on his life and wondered things like that. Hells bells, look at that sacrifice they had to make in Shattrath when the orcs were trying to kill them all off; Velen personally blessed a bunch of random people (even kids) to stay behind and get killed off by the orcs to make it look realistic enough for the rest of them to make it out. That may not even be the first time such a thing happened.

Also; Velen lived long enough to have the last laugh over both those other bitches that kowtowed to Sargeras, and every single dranei left standing is part of that history, seeing it resolve with their own eyes. If he had have done things differently, who can say if they'd have still made it?

I think Illidan just likes to talk about stuff like that since they're very different people; yet with similar strong willpower.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I realize that there's no one else that would ever talk so bluntly and frankly about that stuff with him. Its interesting.
    And 10,
    Well.. Illidan is over 10,000 years old too.. so its not like Velen is THAT much older.. 10,000 - 25,000 is just a 2.5:1. And Illidan spent nearly 10,000 years in jail.. so... I think Illidan has suffered a wee bit as well.