Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I'd imagine after seeing shit go down for over 25 000 years you kind of stop being fazed very easily
    Hahaha good point
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that he knows/understands something that we don't. He had the presence of mind to instantly mitigate the fallout by talking to everyone in the room who saw it happen, then tells us to throw a few pieces of the freaking Naaru Prime into the furnace downstairs to power it up.

I'm convinced that it has to do with the point that he reiterated a couple times about 'feeling' her energy still around though her form was vaporized. Maybe if she re-forms she'll have better manners or be less overbearing? I dunno--but Velen seemed pretty calm. Even his reaction if you talk to him was basically "Welp, that escalated quickly."
    That or he sensed something was off and he hasn't said it yet. (That's pure speculation though)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That or he sensed something was off and he hasn't said it yet. (That's pure speculation though)
    That also makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Remember that Light itself isn't "good" since that's subjective. Light can be used by anyone (there are expections, like Nobundo) who THINKS he's doing the right thing. That's why the Scarlet Crusade can use the Light, they think they are doing the right thing. Xe'ra thought she was doing the right thing. Good and evil are always a matter of perspective.

Xe'ra and the Light are not evil. The Light is an instrument of (what the wielder thinks is) good.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now I know where I've seen this before...we went right to FFX

Xe'ra might as well be Lady Yunalesca

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Maybe his eyes were reflecting her glowing light ? and they faded away when she died

Also he got calm few moments after the cinematic so there goes that

- - - Updated - - -

Golden Tattoos , Golden Eyes , Golden Wings ... Yah boring

They avoided pulling another Xel'naga Kerrigan Bullshit , Since no one liked it
    1. they are golden even when looking away from Xera
    2. what does him going calm abit after her death have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He doesn't have an army or a plan, he's just tagging along with the draenei.
    We are his army, and his plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    You genuinely don't know if Xera was trying to enslave Illidan or not. Power was offered to Illidan, who, the last time accepted such a gift was made an agent of the Burning Crusade. It makes sense that he would assume she was trying enslave him, because it happened to him before, however, as creepy as Xera was there is still a massive difference between KJ and Xera. He literally says "I've been offered power for my freedom before," that's not a reflection of Xera's intent or actions but what Illidan believes is happening.

He's the only one to have such a reaction, if the idea that Xera was marking people was true, why don't we see it in anyone else? Lothraxion surely would show some reaction, Alleria would be marked, there would be more than just one person or one reaction. As far as anyone can tell right now, it's an isolated event which can very easily be chalked up to a cinematic effect.

I don't agree with you so that must mean that I haven't seen the cinematic? That's an incredibly weak argument, I've seen it three times now. Once on my Shaman, once on my Warrior, and once on my Deathknight. Why would I comment in here if I hadn't seen it?

I'm sorry, this makes no sense to me. Can you rephrase it for me please?
    uhhh he said no
    she chained him up and started filling him with light
    forcing someone to do something is enslavement
    forcing someone full of the light...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    Could be some folks are frustrated with the hypocrisy inherent to Illidan. Flaws are fine, but if they never get called out in a meaningful way, they might as well not exist.
    Illidan has done the same and worse as Xera just tried there

the deal is Xera is A PRIME NAARU THE MAIN FORCE OF "GOOD" IN THE UNIVERSE
    That is unsetteling, like if god came down from the sky, then started summoning chains down on everyone saying "YOU WILL SERVE" like omfg wtf
    to be fair the bible makes it clear he is not very kind at all, but that is a different discussion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that he knows/understands something that we don't. He had the presence of mind to instantly mitigate the fallout by talking to everyone in the room who saw it happen, then tells us to throw a few pieces of the freaking Naaru Prime into the furnace downstairs to power it up.

I'm convinced that it has to do with the point that he reiterated a couple times about 'feeling' her energy still around though her form was vaporized. Maybe if she re-forms she'll have better manners or be less overbearing? I dunno--but Velen seemed pretty calm. Even his reaction if you talk to him was basically "Welp, that escalated quickly."
    He did say to velen the light was holding him back, and bassicly not to trust it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm still quite interested in exactly *how* Turalyon "survived 1,000 years" given that he's only been MIA from Azeroth for a couple decades. I'm hoping this discrepancy is explained somewhere - because even if time within the Nether is somehow on a different gradient than the physical universe there's still the issue of his time in or around Argus which as far as we know is in the physical universe as well.
    Ap[arently time travels weird in the nether... its weird
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Anduin will be better leader than Xe'ra will ever be for the war to come anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knew Naaru could be so creepy?

I find it funny how Illidan says his destiny/fate is his own, but whatever he did revolved around not letting others chose their own destiny/fate.

When he was going through with his plans in Outland, did he let the Broken have their destiny/fate in their own hands or did he enslave them? When he pumped Mag'har orcs with fel and used them, did he let them make their call as to what their destiny/fate will be? When he sacrificed his mages in Black Rook Hold, did he let them make their choice?

Had Xe'ra gone through with what she was doing, she would be just another Illidan, really. Illidan got no right to talk about destinies and fates belonging to everyone because he kept taking the destiny of so many around himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the cinematic overall tbh but the real question is: when Blizzard started working on the Legion expansion and made Illidan basically the protagonist of the expansion was their intention to make him the champion of the light and shadow as the prophecy of Xe'ra? and the books? was that their original concept of bringing him back this expansion then they kinda scrapped that idea and made Illidan the current anti hero we always knew? or was the killing of X'era and Illidan rejecting her to be the champion of prophecy was planned by Blizzard from the very beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I find it funny how Illidan says his destiny/fate is his own, but whatever he did revolved around not letting others chose their own destiny/fate.

When he was going through with his plans in Outland, did he let the Broken have their destiny/fate in their own hands or did he enslave them? When he pumped Mag'har orcs with fel and used them, did he let them make their call as to what their destiny/fate will be? When he sacrificed his mages in Black Rook Hold, did he let them make their choice?

Had Xe'ra gone through with what she was doing, she would be just another Illidan, really.
    That's the hyprocrisy of Illidan. Illidan sacrificed shit tons of people to further his own goal without letting them to decide their own destiny but when it's his own life, he is not willing to give it away to. He would be consistent if he believes you only get to forge your own destiny if you have the strenght to handle yourself in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's the hyprocrisy of Illidan. Illidan sacrificed shit tons of people to further his own goal without letting them to decide their own destiny but when it's his own life, he is not willing to give it away to. He would be consistent if he believes you only get to forge your own destiny if you have the strenght to handle yourself in the first place.
    This was actually the first time he had to sacrifice himself properly, as in something someone else imposed on him, something against his own will... and he flopped at it lol

At least this cans the "child of prophecy" prophecy/theory. On the other hand, maybe Xe'ra's destruction is part of the prophecy. Either way, all of this makes Illidan completely useless because Azeroth was defending itself with or without Illidan anyway. Azeroth's forces would've gone to Argus with or without Illidan on board. He hasn't anything to deserve relevance so far.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-08-30 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Illidan has done the same and worse as Xera just tried there

the deal is Xera is A PRIME NAARU THE MAIN FORCE OF "GOOD" IN THE UNIVERSE
    That is unsetteling, like if god came down from the sky, then started summoning chains down on everyone saying "YOU WILL SERVE" like omfg wtf
    to be fair the bible makes it clear he is not very kind at all, but that is a different discussion
    Indeed. It's unsettling, and I'm not at all a fan of it. To me, this is like what people said about Illidan during Burning Crusade. I'm hoping very much it'll turn out there was something wrong with her and it wasn't just Blizzard deciding to import from Diablo now instead of Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I like the cinematic overall tbh but the real question is: when Blizzard started working on the Legion expansion and made Illidan basically the protagonist of the expansion was their intention to make him the champion of the light and shadow as the prophecy of Xe'ra? and the books? was that their original concept of bringing him back this expansion then they kinda scrapped that idea and made Illidan the current anti hero we always knew? or was the killing of X'era and Illidan rejecting her to be the champion of prophecy was planned by Blizzard from the very beginning?
    I think they wanted him to be an anti hero but not an outright villain. Not always conveyed the right way.

Indeed. It's unsettling, and I'm not at all a fan of it. To me, this is like what people said about Illidan during Burning Crusade. I'm hoping very much it'll turn out there was something wrong with her and it wasn't just Blizzard deciding to import from Diablo now instead of Starcraft.
    That's what I'd think tbh. Feels better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Hahah, I just thought, it would be so deliciously ironic if we were to get one last vision from Xe'ra where she goes "You know what, maybe you were right to kill Illidan, he's kind of a selfish dick"! XD

This was the first time Illidan had to do something that is against his own wishes, his own will and plans... and he flopped. What a great sacrifice!

Absolute good is just as bad as absolute evil
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think they wanted him to be an anti hero but not an outright villain. Not always conveyed the right way.

That's what I'd think tbh. Feels better.
    Chatoic good is the best way to put it, sadly Burning crusade butchered him, making him just a simple villian cause they needed a bad guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    Hahah, I just thought, it would be so deliciously ironic if we were to get one last vision from Xe'ra where she goes "You know what, maybe you were right to kill Illidan, he's kind of a selfish dick"! XD
    Except he was not, he could have accepted the power of the light and become the strongest being in the army of light, getting the power of a prime naaru, but he knew their plan would not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This was the first time Illidan had to do something that is against his own wishes, his own will and plans... and he flopped. What a great sacrifice!
    Not really, he has done alot, like most of his stuff, helping malf get tyrande back, getting the sargerite keystone, setting up the soul thing in auchidoun
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Except he was not, he could have accepted the power of the light and become the strongest being in the army of light, getting the power of a prime naaru, but he knew their plan would not work.
    Except he didn't know if it would work or not. He just did not want to become a sex slave to Xe'ra.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, he has done alot, like most of his stuff, helping malf get tyrande back, getting the sargerite keystone, setting up the soul thing in auchidoun.
    None of that was against his wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Tyrande....when Xe'ra talked about desires I instantly thought of Tyrande. Surprised she wasn't mentioned.

Warrior-Magi