Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How's your cast animations looking guys?

- Bugger off locks, you know you have animations coming, and they're probably going to look better than everyone else's.

Are you happy with your new casting animations? Personally, being a disc/shadow priest I love the new animations, BUT, major but, I also happen to play a Troll Priest, and the animations look VERY clunky.

If you're unfamiliar with the male troll cast, we hunch down, even lower than our poor backs normally bend, and throw both hands behind our left hip. This looks really bad when my character snaps from the straight-postured, tall-as-hell male Troll new combat stance, to instantaneously crouching down as low as a male human to cast.

Also, this isn't a huge deal to me, like not even a complaint really.. but anyone else notice the Priest animations look very feminine? I get most Priests are female characters, so Blizzard probably designed with that in mind, but seeing my Troll Witchdoctor-themed character levitate up and curl his toes and hum looks a little silly something I can live with though because it does look pretty great regardless.

What's your thoughts on the animations, and do you feel they reflect your character better or worse?

I don't think the problem is that the priest stuff is feminine, but rather just priestly. You've got an RP troll witchdoctor in your head (which is the only way troll priests make sense really anyway) but that isn't how the priest class is designed sadly. It's a light wielding and pious holy thing, not a witch doctor. =/

5+ Year Old Account
    My Blood Elf Mage looks way cooler now. Especially when casting Pyroblast :3

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    anyone else notice the Priest animations look very feminine? I get most Priests are female characters,
    Cannot help but say this. This kind of mindset is the reason why the game is full of horrendously ugly males. Priest animations are clearly sophisticated and priestly. Just because they are not generic "made for war" types it doesn't make them feminine.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Warlock's animations look awesome.

Deleted
    Bad. They seem unpolished to me. Also seems like Street Fighter crap after combat, with my hands really awkward. They also didnt account for the animation looking more normal during cast while moving....

It feels like they are testing these things on live realms lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druid: My heal spells looks badass, but what made me actually excited is that I cast sunfire with one hand, and moonfire with the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    My Warlock's animations look awesome.
    I have a feeling were not getting anything, especially as affliction... I mean would could they do to spice up the dot-dot-dot look.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I don't like how Ice lance rotates between casting from left and right hand for Frost mages. It makes it look clunky IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    the change from ice blue to snow white for frost mage is a major disappointment for those who liked the looks of frost

other than that it looks slightly better

Also, this isn't a huge deal to me, like not even a complaint really.. but anyone else notice the Priest animations look very feminine? I get most Priests are female characters, so Blizzard probably designed with that in mind, but seeing my Troll Witchdoctor-themed character levitate up and curl his toes and hum looks a little silly something I can live with though because it does look pretty great regardless.
    You have a very... interesting concept of gender expression if levitation appears gendered to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I don't think the problem is that the priest stuff is feminine, but rather just priestly. You've got an RP troll witchdoctor in your head (which is the only way troll priests make sense really anyway) but that isn't how the priest class is designed sadly. It's a light wielding and pious holy thing, not a witch doctor. =/
    Nah trolls can wield light and shadow just like all the others, they make sense as Priests no less than humans or elves. Again, I'm not bitching that the animations look bad, they do look really good. Way better than before. Just IMO the Priests spells look like they'd be better fitted for pious, sophisticated types like you and deviantcultist mentioned. Which among the races that can be Priests, fits best for a few of them (granted, the most popular ones like human, Draenei and blood elf) but do look a bit out of place on the more brutish or "battle priest" male races like Tauren, troll, night elf.. and especially gross on Undead of both genders but forsaken priests were never my thing in the first place.

I guess my point is, they do look good but don't strike me as being as all-inclusive among the varying races compared to the others. But I suppose Priests have always had that problem since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    New Shadow Priest spell animations and Shadow/Void forms are awesome. I can't get over how cool they look.
    Agree. I especially love going into void form, looks so powerful and sinister.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    You have a very... interesting concept of gender expression if levitation appears gendered to you.
    Not just levitation in general, the spells are clearly and obviously derived from having an angelic theme. I personally think angels = feminine, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing. And holy has been all about angels since BC. Which.. I wonder where that even comes from? Closest thing to angelic beings in WoW are the spirit healers of the shadowlands.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely love Holy Pally's animations. They are the breath of fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly like them. The shaman stance look a bit strange on orc male, but I can live with it. Sad about chain heal tho, I used to have the glyphed version and I prefer the old look over the new, the unglyphed version now looks better tho.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Arcane Missles looks just silly. As if we were fairies hurling love magic in the form of pink swirly puff balls.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin Shadow Priest, they look awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Bugger off locks, you know you have animations coming, and they're probably going to look better than everyone else's.
    IKR... I'm super excited.

I love the spriest updates. They are awesome and feel very smooth.

The one thing I don't like is the smoke particles on the new shadowform. They are too flickery. A few years ago they did the same thing to many old enchants, made them flickery. It's too hectic for me. I would have much prefered the smoke to be smoother. I love the new purple hue though, it doesn't turn all gear brown anymore and the light hits gear nicely.

There are many things they still need to work out, this holds true even for melee animations. They feel incredibly clunky and out of sync at times, especially playing a enha shaman.

I haven't had time yet to try the new animations, but the minutes I spent on my priest made me love what I had time to see! :3

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new Disc animations; the only thing I don't care for are the new sounds for Smite and Angelic Feather. Feather is loud now, and Smite sounds like you're sharpening a knife, like that metal-on-metal sound, which is cool, but chain casting it 1000x killing elites on Argus has already started grating on me. I'll get used to it, I'm sure. Happy with everything else =]