Poll: WW3

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

If NK, China, and Russia united against America, who would win a war?

An all-out war basically. WW3 and nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one. Should be kinda obvious what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make no mistake if it didn't come down to nukes trust me the last fucking thing the world would want is to tangle with the U.S when united and pissed ready to defend itself.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

First mistake is that you even consider NK to be of any significant military force; the only thing scary about NK right now is their testing their missiles and no one can do anything about it without incurring China's wrath. In short, it would actually be China and Russia vs. U.S.A.

What happened to our allies? They've signed treaties that they will help us in a war.

the links to national information servers and to the website of national delegations to NATO.

AlbaniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Belgium1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    BulgariaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Canada1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    CroatiaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Czech Rep1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    DenmarkParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    EstoniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    France1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    Germany1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    GreeceParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    HungaryParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    IcelandParliament Gov State Head PM MFA DEL
    Italy1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    LatviaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    LithuaniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Luxembourg1St Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    MontenegroParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    NetherlandsParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Norway1St Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Poland1St Sen State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    PortugalParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Romania1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    SlovakiaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    SloveniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Spain1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    TurkeyParliament State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    United KingdomParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    United States1St Sen Gov State Head MFA MoD MIL DEL

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Make no mistake if it didn't come down to nukes trust me the last fucking thing the world would want is to tangle with the U.S when united and pissed ready to defend itself.
    is the US military that great, I mean have you seen how scary Russians are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Good luck stopping a country with more than 4 times the population of the USA from winning a non-nuclear war.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

You mean if China and Russia united against the US? They'd be flattened, but there might be significant collateral damage to the US in the process.

NK would be lost in the roundoff error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Good luck stopping a country with more than 4 times the population of the USA from winning a non-nuclear war.
    Said by someone who has zero knowledge of the respective capabilities of each country or population demographics.

Just look at the Russians in WWII and we're relatively speaking much further ahead of China than the Germans were ahead of the Russians. Bodies didn't win that war for them not even close.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-08-31 at 07:55 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do the Russians burn all their land in this war, too?

Seems to be their thing
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    A war on that scale would go nuclear which means we all lose. The entire planet. No escape.

If, for some reason, everyone foregoes the use of nukes, the best China/Russia can hope for is a standoff where they steamroll US allies and then stare across the ocean. Of course, that way they would still win.

is the US military that great, I mean have you seen how scary Russians are?
    As I understand it, the main thing Russia has going for them against the US, is nukes, without nukes, Russia is hopelessly outmatched.

I don't think that neither Russia nor China are capable of projecting their power to America, in any significant way, and I doubt the US would ever try an invasion of Russia or China.

So either a nuclear stalemate, or a scenario where China and Russias millitary capabilities are "disabled" and a stalemate I guess, geography makes it a rather uninteresting scenario. Now a US with Allies vs Russia/China/NK would honestly be far more interesting, and if it were an "all in" scenario, as in while it would never happen, in this imagined scenario the US and allies would attack through Japan and SK, and Europe, and the others the other way ofcourse.

I personally have no idea how the European countries stand vs Russia without nukes, no idea if we'd be able to resist a Russia invasion without the help of the US.

Personally I'd probably move to Costa Rica :P
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-08-31 at 08:07 AM.

China's top trading partners the US and allies of the US. China would ally with the US against the Russians or at least stay neutral.

United States: US$388.1 billion (18.3% of total Chinese exports)
    Hong Kong: $292.2 billion (13.8%)
    Japan: $129.5 billion (6.1%)
    South Korea: $94.7 billion (4.5%)
    Germany: $65.8 billion (3.1%)
    Vietnam: $61.6 billion (2.9%)
    India: $58.9 billion (2.8%)
    Netherlands: $57.7 billion (2.7%)
    United Kingdom: $56.3 billion (2.7%)
    Singapore: $45.8 billion (2.2%)
    Taiwan: $40.4 billion (1.9%)
    Malaysia: $38.5 billion (1.8%)
    Thailand: $37.7 billion (1.8%)
    Australia: $37.6 billion (1.8%)
    Russia: $37.5 billion (1.8%)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize having a larger population doesn't mean having a larger or well trained population correct?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

No one would win.

Mutually assured destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Said by someone who has zero knowledge of the respective capabilities of each country or population demographics.

Just look at the Russians in WWII and we're relatively speaking much further ahead of China than the Germans were ahead of the Russians. Bodies didn't win that war for them not even close.
    LOL no you are not further ahead of China, than Nazigermany was ahead of USSR. And China has the largest standing army in the world with 2,3 active troops, 0,9 million active troops more than USA.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - some guy

No nukes? The US would win.

Nukes? We all would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - some guy
    Asimov.

That was the guy.

Deleted
    Nobody would win.

If the conflict went nuclear, we'd all just be dead with nobody to claim victory except maybe cockroaches and ants.

If you're thinking conventional war - also nobody would win, it would be a stalemate. No power in the world would be able to actually mount a successful land assault on America, with what their fleet and air force looks like. And no power in the world could plausibly launch a land assault on China: China is big and the US would not be able to project nearly enough force.

This is why there's no classical WW3 on the horizon, it'd be either the end of the world, or pointless. Hybrid or proxy wars, on the other hand...