Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People "playing the patch" in Legion are missing out on a lot of stuff, just sayin'.

And the best way to get the satisfaction of progressing through an expansion whilst content is current, which didn't magically go away through some design with the end of TBC, is to play the expansion rather than sitting on a forum and whinging about having to play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not, don't be daft. I don't consider 4 difficulties of raiding to be "new" content on each difficulty either, but it IS content and it IS different and requires different things from the player.

Simple as that, really. Not sure why some people have such a hard time wrapping their heads around it. Guess it ties into the "If I don't want to do it, it doesn't exist!!"-mentality.

I don't wanna play COD, I think I'mma go to their fan forums and bitch incessantly about how the game has no content, nothing to do and is pointless in every way.
    It is not different that much, because it reuse all the assets. There are slight mechanicall changes. Exactly like in most single player games difficulty setting. In some RPG higher difficulty setting for instance give friendly fire. Slight mechanicall change.

It doesnt provide new content, it give existing content to the wider player base. Exactly like difficulty setting in single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    i'm pretty sure content isn't the reward you get for doing said content.
    the achievement itself is not a reward, you need to do something to actually get the reward of unlocking that achievement

for me, content means something to do, as long as there is something to do there is content, new content is new things to do
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-09-01 at 02:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    7.3 as of now is pointless. And it is pointless until everything is unlocked. And when everything is unlocked... why is it "mandatory" for "anyone's main whom plays the game above a certain level"? Do you mind explaining? Pointless WQ, horribly written storyline, amazing visuals, awful terrain, upcoming invasions and new ressources - what's there that makes it not pointless at all? Having a content patch that can be done within 2 hours is pointless, even when it only lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Here's a great comment from the official forums about Argus:

I don't, given that they mostly just mill around doing absolutely nothing.

Argus doesn't feel like the demon homeworld, it feels like a tiny pointless outpost. Where are the legions of war machines, the great demonic factories, the endless shipyards, the dark and twisted cities? Even Outland felt more like a demonic homeworld than Argus does.

Given that our invasion point is supposed to be at the heart of their empire, it's all so pathetically small-scale that it doesn't feel remotely convincing or threatening, outside of the non-lore element of potentially being dazed by masses of trash mobs that apparently have nothing better to do than stand around waiting to daze people.

I mean, Blizzard could have covered this element by writing a major unexpected twist where it turns out that the Legion are mostly bluff and bluster, and all this time have just been pretending to be more powerful than they really are, but the reality is that the lifeless "videogamey" feel of Argus is simply a matter of slack design.

Similarly, I would have loved it if the native faction we were meant to help hadn't been yet more Broken, but a group of demons in open rebellion against the Legion instead as a result of witnessing their continual losses. There were a lot of interesting places Blizzard could have taken the Argus story, but they seem to be more interested in just steamrolling ahead to the end of the expansion via the most familiar, well-trodden, almost worn-out routes.
    So every patch ever that has stuff locked behind a rep was pointless? I mean I'd Ira pointless till every thing is unlocked then why do the rep its point less afte all, and if you don't do the rep then every thing will stay locked so I guess wow has always been pointless. Why do you play a pointless game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the achievement itself is not a reward

? ? ? ?

you get the ACHIEVEMENT for doing the CONTENT, so it is a reward. i don't understand why so many people turn such a basic thing over its head to justify the 'but there's tons of content out there that you can't see/bother to do!!" meme argument.

to explain it more thoroughly, say you have an achievement for doing deadmines. the achievement comes as an extra reward for doing the dungeon (on top of potential loot etc). the content is the dungeon.

take the glory of the raider achievements. they're rewards for doing a bunch of stuff in raids. the content isn't the achievement, since what the achievement asks you to do is already in the raid and you're probably expierienced it. saying that "well, this achievement made me run ulduar in a diffrent way because i had to do x instead of y!" is false, ulduar is still the content, you're just expieriencing it in a diffrent way because you want the reward = achievement.

please stop spreading this idiotic meme

an example of content is achievement, are you capable of doing all achievements including gladiator and cutting edge ?
    Higher and lower difficulties aren't content. Most of us don't do LFR, or even normal unless trying to fill a tier piece or trinket, and don't feel like we're missing out. Skipping LFR is the exact same thing as skipping mythic. Getting glad isn't content either, it's grinding the same content for dozens of hours for an achievement.

That being said, Legion has a ton of other actual content the op is skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Resubbed tanked HC tomb unlocked argus all story done. Now what i want to like this game but 1/3 of a year and this is all they managed to make.
    you do realize that there is more argus content, and it's a weekly release, right?

nice fail, OP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Higher and lower difficulties aren't content. Most of us don't do LFR, or even normal unless trying to fill a tier piece or trinket, and don't feel like we're missing out. Skipping LFR is the exact same thing as skipping mythic. Getting glad isn't content either, it's grinding the same content for dozens of hours for an achievement.

Higher difficultys are content as they add new mechanics that in a lot of chases comply change the fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I don't know. I don't think it's anything really. The achievement isn't content in itself, and it's not really a reward either, more like certificate that you've done it so you can prove to people that you've done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, it's a different way to experience the same content. Just like difficulty sliders in any single player game.
    Ya no a difficulty slider doesn't add new mechanics and change the whole fight, that's like saying kj tomb isn't a new boss because you killed kj in sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account

I think we have different definitions of content, I agree that different difficulties are not content, but achievements are

- - - Updated - - -

? ? ? ?

you get the ACHIEVEMENT for doing the CONTENT, so it is a reward. i don't understand why so many people turn such a basic thing over its head to justify the 'but there's tons of content out there that you can't see/bother to do!!" meme argument.

to explain it more thoroughly, say you have an achievement for doing deadmines. the achievement comes as an extra reward for doing the dungeon (on top of potential loot etc). the content is the dungeon.

take the glory of the raider achievements. they're rewards for doing a bunch of stuff in raids. the content isn't the achievement, since what the achievement asks you to do is already in the raid and you're probably expierienced it. saying that "well, this achievement made me run ulduar in a diffrent way because i had to do x instead of y!" is false, ulduar is still the content, you're just expieriencing it in a diffrent way because you want the reward = achievement.

please stop spreading this idiotic meme
    unlocking the achievement is a reward, the achievement itself before it's unlocked is not a reward, it's a reward to be unlocked. an unlocked achievement to do is something that can be done to increase the progression of your account, which increase the finite achievement counter.
    but as for the content definition I tink we have a different definition

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    i want to like this game
    No you don't. You just want to complain and pretend to be more skilled and accomplished than you are.

In b4 the obligatory "it was just a troll bruh"

Deleted
    unlocking the achievement is a reward, the achievement itself before it's unlocked is not a reward, it's a reward to be unlocked. an unlocked achievement to do is something that can be done to increase the progression of your account, which increase the finite achievement counter.
    but as for the content definition I tink we have a different definition
    are you actually reading what you're typing? 'it's a reward when you unlock it but until you unlock it it's not a reward' ? ? ? a piece of candy is still a piece of candy, it doesn't matter if you're personally going to eat it or not, your interaction with it does not change what it is.

what you're saying later doesn't really explain why achievements are meant to be 'content'. why, because it gives 'progression'? well in that case, i guess those gloves you drop from tomb of sargeras count as content to, don't they? they do increase the progression of your character, after all.

i suggest you re-read what i wrote earlier, i tried to explain to you what content actually stands for in two diffrent ways. and no, there's no 'yours and mine' definition.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, naysaying is not arguing. You kinda gotta explain "why it's not"
    i already did, my man, sorry to shoot down your sjw-esque reply.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Ya no a difficulty slider doesn't add new mechanics and change the whole fight, that's like saying kj tomb isn't a new boss because you killed kj in sunwell.
    it's sort of an addition, especially if there's an extra phase instead of a new spell, but i wouldn't neccesarily call it as a seperate, new piece of content per se. you're still fighting the same boss that most of the time looks the same way and does the same things he did before the added phase.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2e2990da; 2017-09-01 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you actually reading what you're typing? 'it's a reward when you unlock it but until you unlock it it's not a reward' ? ? ? a piece of candy is still a piece of candy, it doesn't matter if you're personally going to eat it or not, your interaction with it does not change what it is.

what you're saying later doesn't really explain why achievements are meant to be 'content'. why, because it gives 'progression'? well in that case, i guess those gloves you drop from tomb of sargeras count as content to, don't they? they do increase the progression of your character, after all.

i suggest you re-read what i wrote earlier, i tried to explain to you what content actually stands for in two diffrent ways. and no, there's no 'yours and mine' definition.

content is something to do made by blizzard specially to be completed. a dungeon can be done, an achievement can be done too. it's content. if achievements are lazy content, now that's probably true.
    to get the achievements you need to actually do it, it doesn't always come up automatically when doing a raid, sometimes it requires a lot of special stuff to do or grind.
    the gloves are part of the transmog collection so yes they are part of the content, but if they weren't they wouldn't really be content, just an item.

7+ Year Old Account

i already did, my man, sorry to shoot down your sjw-esque reply.

it's sort of an addition, especially if there's an extra phase instead of a new spell, but i wouldn't neccesarily call it as a seperate, new piece of content per se. you're still fighting the same boss that most of the time looks the same way and does the same things he did before the added phase.
    Look at mythic gul'dan the whole illidan thing is 100% different content then doing it on heroic rather you want to admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I really wish I was a moderator here. Such obvious troll threads would not be allowed.
    They can't even be bothered to deal with the spam threads let alone shitposts.

The mods of this site are absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    7.3 as of now is pointless. And it is pointless until everything is unlocked. And when everything is unlocked... why is it "mandatory" for "anyone's main whom plays the game above a certain level"? Do you mind explaining? Pointless WQ, horribly written storyline, amazing visuals, awful terrain, upcoming invasions and new ressources - what's there that makes it not pointless at all? Having a content patch that can be done within 2 hours is pointless, even when it only lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Here's a great comment from the official forums about Argus:

I don't, given that they mostly just mill around doing absolutely nothing.

Argus doesn't feel like the demon homeworld, it feels like a tiny pointless outpost. Where are the legions of war machines, the great demonic factories, the endless shipyards, the dark and twisted cities? Even Outland felt more like a demonic homeworld than Argus does.

Given that our invasion point is supposed to be at the heart of their empire, it's all so pathetically small-scale that it doesn't feel remotely convincing or threatening, outside of the non-lore element of potentially being dazed by masses of trash mobs that apparently have nothing better to do than stand around waiting to daze people.

I mean, Blizzard could have covered this element by writing a major unexpected twist where it turns out that the Legion are mostly bluff and bluster, and all this time have just been pretending to be more powerful than they really are, but the reality is that the lifeless "videogamey" feel of Argus is simply a matter of slack design.

Similarly, I would have loved it if the native faction we were meant to help hadn't been yet more Broken, but a group of demons in open rebellion against the Legion instead as a result of witnessing their continual losses. There were a lot of interesting places Blizzard could have taken the Argus story, but they seem to be more interested in just steamrolling ahead to the end of the expansion via the most familiar, well-trodden, almost worn-out routes.
    That is a really great comment. Honestly, I'm enjoying Argus, but I'd just thought of it as a patch in the middle of an xpac and not about what it actually is or the potential it could have had. What that person wrote sounds great, and would have been a lot better. Doesn't change how I feel about the current patch, which is good, but that person definitely has great ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Higher difficultys are content as they add new mechanics that in a lot of chases comply change the fight.
    Lower difficulties often have additional mechanics of requiring patience to deal with inconsiderate stupidity or seeing how many others you can carry on your back. It doesn't make LFR different content. If I adjust the brightness on my phone so that my instagram feed is harder to see by either being too dark or too bright it doesn't mean there's more content there.

While OP's claim is obviously ludicrous, I don't regard the various difficulties of the same raid different kinds of content; it's the same content at variable difficulties.

The same can be said for achievements; "the patient" achievent for instance, didn't add any content, it merely gave [some] people a reason to repeat the same content more often.

What continuously surprises me, is that these raid upper difficulties exist, since it's pretty obvious the majority of wow's player base doesn't care for them. How do devs justify its development? Quite interesting.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-01 at 03:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is a really great comment. Honestly, I'm enjoying Argus, but I'd just thought of it as a patch in the middle of an xpac and not about what it actually is or the potential it could have had. What that person wrote sounds great, and would have been a lot better. Doesn't change how I feel about the current patch, which is good, but that person definitely has great ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Lower difficulties often have additional mechanics of requiring patience to deal with inconsiderate stupidity or seeing how many others you can carry on your back. It doesn't make LFR different content. If I adjust the brightness on my phone so that my instagram feed is harder to see by either being too dark or too bright it doesn't mean there's more content there.
    Ya turning down your screen light is not the same as adding new spells and mobs, deal with it.

Ya turning down your screen light is not the same as adding new spells and mobs, deal with it.
    It's different, but is it new content?

Does playing doom on hard feel like a completely new experience after having completed it on normal?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    While OP's claim is obviously ludicrous, I don't regard the various difficulties of the same raid different kinds of content; it's the same content at variable difficulties.

The same can be said for achievements; "the patient" achievent didn't add any content, it merely gave [some] people a reason to repeat the same content.

What continuously surprises me, is that these raid upper difficulties exist, since it's pretty obvious the majority of wow's player base doesn't care for them. How do devs justify its development? Quite interesting.
    The majority of the player base of every single game ever made does not complete the game, but it needs to be made to sell the game. People wouldn't have bought Super Mario Bros if it were just level 1, the warp zones, and level 8 like most people did. WoW actually has incredibly high participation for mythic raiding in comparison to the participation that other games will have for things like nightmare difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, you can have your opinion, I don't mind. Considering that you don't bother validating your opinion with anything at all it's not worth discussing anything with you. You might want to learn to do that at some point, it's a valuable social skill that will be an asset for most of life, beyond forum posting.