Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is trump obsessed with hillary clinton? The president is still tweeting about her

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-obsess...97-days-658326

It's been 297 days since the date of the presidential election, and President Donald Trump is still tweeting about his Democratic opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted, "Wow, looks like James Comey exonerated Hillary Clinton long before the investigation was over...and so much more. A rigged system!"

Trump seemingly was referring to reports former FBI Director James Comey, whom the president dismissed under controversial circumstances, apparently planned to exonerate Clinton months before the investigation into her use of a private email server was completed.

This is hardly the first time Trump has tweeted about Clinton, and his suggestion that "the system" is "rigged" is also nothing new.

Since Election Day, Trump has sent at least 38 tweets featuring the word "Hillary," according to Trump Twitter Archive. Comparatively, he's had 10 tweets that include the word "economy," and 13 featuring the word "veterans."

It hasn't been long since Trump's last tweet about Clinton either. On August 19, in the wake of Steve Bannon's departure from the White House, Trump tweeted, "I want to thank Steve Bannon for his service. He came to the campaign during my run against Crooked Hillary Clinton - it was great! Thanks S."

The president has arguably spent an inordinate amount of time on social media attacking a person whom he defeated, leading to the question: Is Trump obsessed with Hillary Clinton?

Since he's been on Twitter, the president has tweeted about "Hillary" 819 times in total. Based on his tweets, the only person Trump might be more preoccupied with is former President Barack Obama, about whom Trump has sent 2,565 tweets, according to Trump Twitter Archive.

Trump's use of Twitter has been a consistent point of controversy.

A Quinnipiac University poll from late June showed a strong majority of American voters (60 percent) believe Trump should stop using his personal Twitter account. A CNN poll from early August showed 71 percent of voters feel Twitter is a "a risky way for a president to communicate."

The president has frequently stated he finds Twitter to be an effective means of communicating directly with the public, however, so it doesn't seem likely he'll cease using it any time in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he is, just look at how bitter they are about each other!

Trump may just be insane...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Guys I just wanted to let you know that in middle school wrestling, in 1996, I pinned a guy in the first round in 21 seconds.

^ that is basically what the alleged President of the United States does twice a week

So what's everybody else's long ago achievements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Guys I just wanted to let you know that in middle school wrestling, in 1996, I pinned a guy in the first round in 21 seconds.

^ that is basically what the alleged President of the United States does twice a week

When spelling bees mattered I got pretty far at the state level or something, to young then to remember now. I was an odd case because my writing skills were bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top of my state in Math League.

"Didn't you just say your state was Delaware, one of the smallest -- "

TOP OF MY STATE DAMN YOU

Maybe he, like I, is very shocked about just how criminal she is. And don't try to deflect this by saying "Trump is no better" - even if I did agree it doesn't matter. He's as allowed as anybody else to bask in the sheer horror and absurdity.

Literally everything she has accused Trump of she is herself guilty of. She was working directly with the Russians, she sold uranium to them, too, she's committing massive fraud and evading taxes with her charity foundation which utterly destroyed Haiti, she supports late term abortions in all cases (viable outside the womb already? Fuck that shit, suck its brains out and kill it, mommy doesn't want it), she's a compulsive liar that has one policy in public and another in private, and now it turns out she literally obstructed justice by working with the FBI director to drop charges even when evidence was clear. Redditors also noticed one of her server folks wiping her e-mails, which had been subpoenaed, with BleachBit.

And that's just scratching the surface. I could go on. What happened to Seth Rich? Oooh, he might've leaked some e-mails - but dw the russians did it. She destroyed US-Russia relations by conspiring with the media to spin a false narrative that led to such bad sanctions that Putin flipped and kicked out all their diplomats. And yes, even the main stream media now understands that the Russia narrative was a lie.

The more you learn about her, the more impossibly corrupt she seems. On the surface she seems gentle and fairminded, but once you find the rabbit hole and start tumbling down, it seems it just has no end...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    she sold uranium to them
    Long debunked myth that immediately kills your credibility. Ignored.

Maybe he, like I, is very shocked about just how criminal she is. And don't try to deflect this by saying "Trump is no better" - even if I did agree it doesn't matter. He's as allowed as anybody else to bask in the sheer horror and absurdity.
    You live in cuckoo-land. Your accusations are provably false.

On the surface she seems gentle and fairminded, but once you find the rabbit hole and start tumbling down, it seems it just has no end...
    Boy, that is an apt analogy, for sure.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Long debunked myth that immediately kills your credibility. Ignored.
    ahahaha, not that it matters - but is your source Snopes? Bet it is.

It says she didn't have veto powers because she could only stop it if it posed a threat to national security, which it absolutely did, and she did nothing. Plus, she was directly in contact with the president at the time. The fact that the uranium stayed in the US doesn't matter - it just means that Russia now has Uranium inside the US. Russians are in control of it, which is just fantastic.

And the timing of the donations are often fiddled with such that it doesn't seem obvious, and when confronted with this, the Foundation admits it made "mistakes".

And hey, let's give it another notch in the hat: Trump pays more taxes than Bernie Sanders and Hillary because they are using offshore trustfunds. Trump probably is as well, but not nearly to the same extent, obviously, or he'd be paying a lower tax rate, and now he's proposed getting rid of that loophole in the new tax code.

Literally everything she has accused Trump of she is herself guilty of. She was working directly with the Russians, she sold uranium to them, too, she's committing massive fraud and evading taxes with her charity foundation which utterly destroyed Haiti, she supports late term abortions in all cases (viable outside the womb already? Fuck that shit, suck its brains out and kill it, mommy doesn't want it), she's a compulsive liar that has one policy in public and another in private, and now it turns out she literally obstructed justice by working with the FBI director to drop charges even when evidence was clear. Redditors also noticed one of her server folks wiping her e-mails, which had been subpoenaed, with BleachBit.

And that's just scratching the surface. I could go on. What happened to Seth Rich? Oooh, he might've leaked some e-mails - but dw the russians did it. She destroyed US-Russia relations by conspiring with the media to spin a false narrative that led to such bad sanctions that Putin flipped and kicked out all their diplomats. And yes, even the main stream media now understands that the Russia narrative was a lie.

The more you learn about her, the more impossibly corrupt she seems. On the surface she seems gentle and fairminded, but once you find the rabbit hole and start tumbling down, it seems it just has no end...
    [Citations required from reputable sources.]
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Every "hero" needs a villain. Since the Democrat party is completely and totally in tatters, there isn't a prominent Democrat for Trump to rail against.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    [Citations required from reputable sources.]
    See, you're saying "reputable sources", which you can just define to be whatever you find reputable. You can also redefine it on the fly so you can defend your own position no matter what I post to you. Convenient trick, that one.

How about the BBC for one of the claims?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

I don't find them particularly reputable, but perhaps you do, so let's start there and see how it goes.

See, you're saying "reputable sources", which you can just define to be whatever you find reputable. You can also redefine it on the fly so you can defend your own position no matter what I post to you. Convenient trick, that one.

How about the BBC for one of the claims?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

I don't find them particularly reputable, but perhaps you do, so let's start there and see how it goes.
    You posted that:
    ...she's committing massive fraud and evading taxes with her charity foundation which utterly destroyed Haiti...
    From your link:
    "The Clinton family, they are crooks, they are thieves, they are liars," says Haitian activist Dahoud Andre.

He has been leading protests outside the Clinton Foundation headquarters in Manhattan and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign base in Brooklyn for the last two years.

He said protesters from his small activist group, the Committee to Mobilize Against Dictatorship in Haiti, will continue to level their allegations - so far all unproven - if the Democratic candidate wins the White House

Their foundation did not destroy Haiti as your claim alleges.

I'll accept anything from https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ with decent factual reporting, ranging from Left-Center to Right-Center. Plenty of sources there to choose from.
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!

10+ Year Old Account
    You posted that:

From your link:

I'll accept anything from https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ with decent factual reporting, ranging from Left-Center to Right-Center. Plenty of sources there to choose from.
    It's sort of like the Trump media confirmation cycle. Trump says something insane, news agencies report that he said it, Trump points to the news stories as proof that "people are talking about it, so it must be true".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

I was published in a book. That's gotta count for something right

I had written work published, was in Who's Who Among American High School Students, and I was in the top 2% for the GSE for History and Social Studies when I graduated.

You posted that:

From your link:

No evidence != It didn't happen. Also, there is loads of evidence. Slight of hands like this is why I don't trust the BBC. You're also welcome to go to Wikileaks.org and get the documents about it yourself.

This site is funny. It lists the Peter G. Peterson foundation as a neutral, fact-based news source - when in fact it's a Nixon-affiliated political think-tank. That's the guy who covered up Watergate, just so we're completely clear. xD
    I didn't even cherry pick that example, it was the first thing I found when I searched on it for "Hillary Haiti". Also, it didn't link me to the actual article that I had asked for? At least not in any obvious way.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2017-09-01 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted

Well, you're absolutely right. This asshole is 71, yet mentally he's stuck in his late 20s to mid 30s. That's where he's been for the past 40+ years. I mean, saying late 20s is actually me being generous; clearly he acts like he's in high school, but random parts of him have grown up to at least the 30 or so level.

71 though? Oh no.

No evidence != It didn't happen. Also, there is loads of evidence. Slight of hands like this is why I don't trust the BBC. You're also welcome to go to Wikileaks.org and get the documents about it yourself.
    Is it proper to source your claim with a citation? While you're right about no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen, you made a claim which to be taken seriously needs to be sourced.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And literally anyone in the world can troll him by posting popular vote numbers. It's amazing that we have such an easily triggered person sitting in the oval office.