Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

No one is outraged Tomb of Sargeras is slightly modified T6?

Naxx 3.0 Enhanced? I know money doesn't mean faster content but holy shit, you take one of the most lore-wise important raids of the game and rehash a tier with a few extra bling?

At least in Naxx 2.0 it made sense, as lazy as it was, but for this? I don't get it, and I'm pretty disgusted by it, especially because in typical new Actiblizzard fashion they took away all the grace and glory of those tiers and make them look like overinflated overdressed nonsense.

People aren't outraged because quite a lot of people want updated versions of the sets, and this solution preserves the older sets for those who prefer the look of the original versions. It's also not a particularly consequential part of the game since most players transmog to older sets regardless of what the new tier designs are.

If the new sets were good people wouldn't transmog to old stuff that was better. I've seen some good new items in Legion, especially gloves, belt and boot wise, MUCH more definition over previous expansion and 3D. Only chestpieces need to be updated as well so they look more like Varian and Turalyon's in terms of 3D buff.

TBH I was ecstatic to receive an update to the red shaman pvp set and a blue version of Lightbringer armor. Happy to be rocking both.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

The reception to the tier paying homage to 56 has been largely positive, so the few saps bothering being "outraged" by it can sod off I suppose.

ToS Hunter sets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T6. I actually transmog into the new one.

And the Mythic varieties are not "slightly modified" by any stretch of the imagination. They're reimagined whilst keeping true to the legacy.

And you realized that 2,5 months after the raid is live?

Personally I like having 5 different colour versions of these sets, more chances some pieces will match to my mogs, which I didn't have option with original tbc items. Well, there were 2 versions pvp and pve. But for example the green and purple paladin set wasn't an option before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I dont even remember how those looked like.

I quite like T6 so I'm ok with the sets being a HD upscale.

Pretty hard to get outraged at this stuff anymore. I mean most people show little to none of what they are actually equipping because of mog anyway. Not to mention getting 'outraged' over pixels is pretty laughable. Then to cherry on top of it all if they were all orginal a lot of people would still be 'outraged' because of what theres looks like compared to someone elses or not liking them. So if the result is always 'outraged' people than fuck it.. they will do what they want.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-09-02 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    If the new sets were good people wouldn't transmog to old stuff that was better. I've seen some good new items in Legion, especially gloves, belt and boot wise, MUCH more definition over previous expansion and 3D. Only chestpieces need to be updated as well so they look more like Varian and Turalyon's in terms of 3D buff.
    That's not true at all.

Taste is subjective. Some people feel nostalgic connections to older tiers. Some people prefer newer ones. You can say you don't like it, and that's fine, but that's not speaking for everyone. Personally, I've been using a transmog that dropped from Trial of Valor.

I know money doesn't mean faster content but holy shit, you take one of the most lore-wise important raids of the game and rehash a tier with a few extra bling?
    It's not like they took the old gear, copy pasted, and hit the ENHANCE button, done in 5 minutes... The artists have to recreate it from the ground up. These aren't recolors or retextures, they are brand spankin new models.

And how did they take away the grace and glory of those earlier tiers? By making better looking ones?

I really hope this doesn't turn into another "blizzard is lazy" complaint. I think most of the people who make those complaints don't understand development processes.

Deleted
    No one is outraged Tomb of Sargeras is slightly modified T6?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And you realized that 2,5 months after the raid is live?
    This is really all that needed to be said about this. Please stop whining about everything, will ya? It gets boring faster than you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that were outraged about this probably said so 3 moths ago.

1. Not true at all. Taste is subjective.

2. I like the updated sets since they go better with some new models.

3. You are only just complaining about this after the raid has been out for how long now? 2-3 months?

Deleted
    Honestly I wouldn't mind if every single set in the game was given the same treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because it's rare blizzard make decent sets these days, might as well have HD oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because it's rare blizzard make decent sets these days, might as well have HD oldies.
    Again subjective. I love the NH Druid set and Shaman set.

Outrage over some pixels....come on mate.

Naxx 3.0 Enhanced? I know money doesn't mean faster content but holy shit, you take one of the most lore-wise important raids of the game and rehash a tier with a few extra bling?

At least in Naxx 2.0 it made sense, as lazy as it was, but for this? I don't get it, and I'm pretty disgusted by it, especially because in typical new Actiblizzard fashion they took away all the grace and glory of those tiers and make them look like overinflated overdressed nonsense.
    Only children and absolute losers are "outraged" over video game stuff.