Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Depends entirely on your raid healing setup, yes if you are bringing a holy priest and resto druid then disc is not needed since the disc will never be allowed to play to its full strengths.

Its main issue is building your team healing strat around it, which most RL are unwilling to do.
    What exactly is your logic on co-healers? I play with resto druids all the time and completely wreck them. Also I have never built my team's healing strat around Disc. I try to coordinate cooldowns with my co-healers, but I do that with any class I play. The myth that Disc can only succeed when other healers give it space to heal comes from people who play Disc reactively.

"the main goal of the healing team is to keep the raid alive and the goal for each individual healer is to trust in the ability of those around them, competing simply to out heal each other as healers is shameful and I find it leads to toxic raids."

Abso-fucking-lutely spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    Everything is fun when you are new to it...
    Give it a month.. and you will start whining like all other disc priest.
    IMHO worst healer in raid, not needed. You can perfectly remove from the game.. noone will ever notice.
    Aww how cute someone who has no idea about what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    How are discs in raids compared to other healers?
    One of the top hps wise. We have a big DR cool down, and we do 300k dps.

I'd say we do pretty good.

The people who complain about it usually don't know how to play it or don't want to learn so they think it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    Everything is fun when you are new to it...
    Give it a month.. and you will start whining like all other disc priest.
    IMHO worst healer in raid, not needed. You can perfectly remove from the game.. noone will ever notice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing
    that's how raid-hps are with a disc if you know the boss. Other healers are crying there is "nothing to heal". +200-300k dps...

And there are maybe 2 or 3 bosses without a disc in the Top10
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...051&metric=hps

I don't know why people are saying that Disc is still difficult to play. 7.2 drastically lowered the difficulty of the spec, and it's now only marginally more difficult than the other healing specs. There's no reason to hesitate playing it as an alt like there was pre-7.2.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    7.2 destroyed Disc. It went from a unique spec to a "resto druid which damages". You might call this "sanding down the rough edges", but in the process it lost most of it's personality. This lobotomized version of Disc isn't nearly as much fun to play.

I completely agree, that this homogenizing of the spec rendered it irrelevant - now we can evaluate it strictly "by the numbers" instead of noting the unique aspect that it brings to the raid. The sign of a bad spec is the ability to answer "how good is it?" strictly by "how much HPS/DPS does it do?"
    agree completely
    after my lock this spec was my favourite.
    its a spec that still feels in development, its another spec
    that didn't need altering and all the worse in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroos View Post

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing
    that's how raid-hps are with a disc if you know the boss. Other healers are crying there is "nothing to heal". +200-300k dps...

And there are maybe 2 or 3 bosses without a disc in the Top10
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...051&metric=hps
    That is some nice healing numbers, but you might notice the priest is performing in the top 75% of public parses for that fight while competing with healers performing in the bottom 20% - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell me if this is due the top healer simply healing everything and not leaving the others anything to do or if its a case of the other healers not being as good or as fast to react.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    That is some nice healing numbers, but you might notice the priest is performing in the top 75% of public parses for that fight while competing with healers performing in the bottom 20% - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell me if this is due the top healer simply healing everything and not leaving the others anything to do or if its a case of the other healers not being as good or as fast to react.
    There are far less Disc parses, so it would be expected that they have a higher parse % even for the same performance; though it's also clear from the HPS that the other healers didn't have much to heal. H KJ isn't demanding at all outside of a few key bursts, which is Disc's specialty. They also 4 healed it for some reason? Not sure why on that.

I really hate the whole idea of healing by damage. that was what shadow did but it was nerfed/ removed. Even more I hate the thing with the buff you have to put first before you can even think of healing anything. I wish blizz would delete disc and give us a tank specc or an actual dmg spec that is fun instead of some pink fartcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    I really hate the whole idea of healing by damage. that was what shadow did but it was nerfed/ removed. Even more I hate the thing with the buff you have to put first before you can even think of healing anything. I wish blizz would delete disc and give us a tank specc or an actual dmg spec that is fun instead of some pink fartcloud
    Curious you say this, the few times i've healed raids as disc (and i'm super carried by my guild - these are fun runs for them and i'm not a raider), i did very much feel a bit like a sp from the TBC era I did not find this a bad thing though some very fond memories of being a SP back then in BT and Sunwell, heck i remeber the first boss of BT hoping for hunters to be put in my group as if i had two pets extra to heal i often topped healing thanks to VE :P

Anyhow i do agree disc does not feel very rewarding without a lot of addons and knowledge of the fight and even then it feels very much a niche healer, as when the damage is unpredictable and heavy it just lacks throughput it feels to me.

Deleted
    well thank god blizzard's fight design is heavily based on the idea of "insert raid cd here, here and here"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Anyhow i do agree disc does not feel very rewarding without a lot of addons and knowledge of the fight and even then it feels very much a niche healer, as when the damage is unpredictable and heavy it just lacks throughput it feels to me.
    The reward for those of us who enjoy the current style of the class is in lining abilities up to counter damage, it requires finesse on your timings which is vastly more rewarding when done correctly then pre-casting an aoe ability from any other class. I also find we can react just as quick to unpredictable damage such as on Maiden of Vigilance unless you can see who has what color you can only react to the damage after it's done but even then we can dish out healing just as quickly as most other classes aoe's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So far while leveling, disc is so fun! DPS to heal is amazing! How do you feel about it at 110?
    I enjoy it thoroughly over Holy
    ~~Calm Down~~

10+ Year Old Account
    It's by far my favorite healing spec this expansion. I like being required to think ahead to maximize healing. It's a really satisfying feeling to get atonement on ~15+ people and make them essentially invincible for short burst window.

The only downsides are times where you have nothing to deal damage to (KJ intermission).

How do people deal with things like Grievous as Disc? I had severe issues, whereas I have none with my MW Monk. To be fair, I probably had poor talents for Grievous (expected it to be easier), but is Disc just bad at it, especially without the OPness that is Blood DK (in M+)?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's by far my favorite healing spec this expansion. I like being required to think ahead to maximize healing. It's a really satisfying feeling to get atonement on ~15+ people and make them essentially invincible for short burst window.

The only downsides are times where you have nothing to deal damage to (KJ intermission).
    You can attack the boss while he is flying around (FYI). Damage reduction doesn't affect Atonement.

If problem is toping group after the end of combat (no target) then the solution is Shadow Covenant.
    If problem is keeping group over 90% during combat, maintaining 5 atonments, rolling as much PTW as possible and constant smite/penance is the solution.
    If problem is low hp target with 5 stacks of greavious, grace+shadowmend+offensive penance is the solution.

Difficulty is when all of this appear at once. Triage is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    If problem is toping group after the end of combat (no target) then the solution is Shadow Covenant.
    If problem is keeping group over 90% during combat, maintaining 5 atonments, rolling as much PTW as possible and constant smite/penance is the solution.
    If problem is low hp target with 5 stacks of greavious, grace+shadowmend+offensive penance is the solution.

Difficulty is when all of this appear at once. Triage is a bitch.
    Rapture is a great CD for Grievous as well, don't forget to use it.

Deleted
    I leveled as Disc on two priests, easily a fun spec to play next to Holy, but healing as Disc was incredibly frustrating because I could not handle spreading atonement on everyone to benefit from my DPS, and most likely I will not play it again soon. Old Evangelism/Archangel was better than this.