Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Execution Sentence, is it viable now?

Anyone already tested this ? It got buffed, and idk if it is worth so far. Also how are u guys doin this patch so far?

if you care for a ~20k dps increase at the cost of pointless bother.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's hard to point out a place where you would use it. The buff to it makes it look quite nice on sims of course, but that isn't at all reliable since it is assuming you're playing ES perfectly, which isn't very difficult but it's certainly more complicated than just using FV. You won't always be able to use it on cd, and with some bad luck it could also have bad timings with judgment and crusade, all depends on the fight. It also isn't ever really worth taking if there's any adds or cleave on the fight. FV is still the safer pick, much like how Soul of the Highlord will sometimes sim more than Liadrin's, but liadrin's is much more consistent and therefore better.
    Last edited by Sinew; 2017-08-30 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    For me, it's hard to point out a place where you would use it. The buff to it makes it look quite nice on sims of course, but that isn't at all reliable since it is assuming you're playing ES perfectly, which isn't very difficult but it's certainly more complicated than just using FV. You won't always be able to use it on cd, and with some bad luck it could also have bad timings with judgment and crusade, all depends on the fight. It also isn't ever really worth taking if there's any adds or cleave on the fight. FV is still the safer pick, much like how Soul of the Highlord will sometimes sim more than Liadrin's, but liadrin's is much more consistent and therefore better.
    Soul has higher peaks than Liadrin's, though, and is better for any fight with cleave.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Soul has higher peaks than Liadrin's, though, and is better for any fight with cleave.
    Higher peaks on average yes. That is assuming you get an average amount of procs. Since it's entirely possible to get below average via rng, compared to Liadrin's where it will only be below average if you screw up, it's not ideal for progression in my opinion. You can take the gamble if you want, but many times you'll be behind Liadrin's due to no fault of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    if you care for a ~20k dps increase at the cost of pointless bother.
    That is what i imagined, it would be nice to use it to change a bit the bread and butter that is ret pally.
    What i really wanted is a viable excuse to change my legendary cape for, idk, highlords ring [ i dont like liadrin's, during crusade i get HP so fast that i end up overstacking HP ].

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinus View Post
    That is what i imagined, it would be nice to use it to change a bit the bread and butter that is ret pally.
    What i really wanted is a viable excuse to change my legendary cape for, idk, highlords ring [ i dont like liadrin's, during crusade i get HP so fast that i end up overstacking HP ].
    Then you're dumping Holy Power too slow and doing it wrong. I'd suggest running Liadrin's and just get a feel for it, eventually you'll get used to its procs and won't run into this issue. Just a question of time and practice. That being said, I have my Mythic T19 2pc still which sims higher than doing only T20+cloak. The other Ret in my raid doesn't so he just runs cloak instead. So, I mean just depends on your other gear too, but Liadrin's with T19 2pc plus T20 4pc is probably still our most optimal setup if you can snatch those items up (Head and Shoulders ideally because Haste/Crit)

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Then you're dumping Holy Power too slow and doing it wrong. I'd suggest running Liadrin's and just get a feel for it, eventually you'll get used to its procs and won't run into this issue. Just a question of time and practice. That being said, I have my Mythic T19 2pc still which sims higher than doing only T20+cloak. The other Ret in my raid doesn't so he just runs cloak instead. So, I mean just depends on your other gear too, but Liadrin's with T19 2pc plus T20 4pc is probably still our most optimal setup if you can snatch those items up (Head and Shoulders ideally because Haste/Crit)
    No, it is jsut because i use my abilities so fast during crusade, that the game cant even keep up. I prefer to use Sephuz for the extra haste and crit. Well i used to.
    Yeah but getting a shoulder and helm mythic is problematic, specially the helm.

Deleted
    Only leggos benefiting ES are shoulders with a rotation twist.
    FV gets far more juice out of cloak,highlord.
    Belt, Liadrin are beneficial to both talents and sephuz is w/e.
    For that small difference why not FV then and be able to play around your gear ... unless ofc you wanna see those sweet 6m ES crits during crusade :P.

Well, let's see how it's working in the real world.
    Appears to be the winning talent on fights like Goroth, Sisters, and Maiden

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents

So on Goroth a bit more of an average increase than storm said, about 70k more dps from ES than FV from mythic logs, 110k difference from heroic logs.

However, if we assume people with higher skill are flocking to it and people with more average skill are avoiding it due to the extra difficulty, this spread is probably bigger than what you personally will see. Hard to say. I'm going to try it out, but not likely on sister. I'm the poor sucker having to call groups to cross over on sisters mythic and if I can't just go on auto pilot things won't work out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Well, let's see how it's working in the real world.
    Appears to be the winning talent on fights like Goroth, Sisters, and Maiden

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents

So on Goroth a bit more of an average increase than storm said, about 70k more dps from ES than FV from mythic logs, 110k difference from heroic logs.

However, if we assume people with higher skill are flocking to it and people with more average skill are avoiding it due to the extra difficulty, this spread is probably bigger than what you personally will see. Hard to say. I'm going to try it out, but not likely on sister. I'm the poor sucker having to call groups to cross over on sisters mythic and if I can't just go on auto pilot things won't work out well.
    This actually makes sense for these fights if you really think about it. For moving out of range, when you go back in, you can use Execution Sentence before you go back in and then Blade of Justice again, then Zeal/TV when you get to melee. Otherwise, if you're at 3-5HP, you cannot use that holy power before you get back into melee range, meaning you're missing out on a potential Blade of Wrath proc or the HP you generate with Blade of Justice goes to waste.

Deleted
    I'm using cape and highlord. FV sims the highest for me, and i'm happy about that. I really don't wanna have to use that abomination of a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm using cape and highlord. FV sims the highest for me, and i'm happy about that. I really don't wanna have to use that abomination of a spell.
    Cape and Highlord are not ideal legendaries for Execution Sentence. I think Liadrin's and Chain would generally be the better legendaries for it. Could be wrong, though.

Is it increased by your mastery? I always wanted to know, i was always playing around it with the assumption i had to have my judgement on when the damage procced which made it just a hassle to play and wasnt that rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Is it increased by your mastery? I always wanted to know, i was always playing around it with the assumption i had to have my judgement on when the damage procced which made it just a hassle to play and wasnt that rewarding
    Yes it is. It's a bit difficult to maximize damage with it though because you want it to pop while the Judgment debuff is on the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Cape and Highlord are not ideal legendaries for Execution Sentence. I think Liadrin's and Chain would generally be the better legendaries for it. Could be wrong, though.
    I simmed all gear combinations and it gave it as my highest DPS. I'm happy with that anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I simmed all gear combinations and it gave it as my highest DPS. I'm happy with that anyways.
    I agree with not wanting to use ES, but cape forces you into FV either way if you were curious, since it doesn't work with ES at all. Not sure how well Soul interacts with ES tbh, probably not as well as FV, but cape automatically takes the option away.

ES is clunky as all hell. I hate Legion ret as is; really don't need to add this bs to the horror.

Also, is this going to be like HFC all over again with all the "if you don't play sera over fv, you're terrible and should quit ret" nonsense? Because that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
    I agree with not wanting to use ES, but cape forces you into FV either way if you were curious, since it doesn't work with ES at all. Not sure how well Soul interacts with ES tbh, probably not as well as FV, but cape automatically takes the option away.

ES is clunky as all hell. I hate Legion ret as is; really don't need to add this bs to the horror.

Also, is this going to be like HFC all over again with all the "if you don't play sera over fv, you're terrible and should quit ret" nonsense? Because that was hilarious.
    Soul works better with FV because you're getting more TVs out of it. Unfortunately, you can't get more Execution Sentences out of it because of the cooldown. I highly doubt it'll be like Seraphim, but if the fight is not overly complicated and it's a decent dps increase for the gear you have, I could see most serious mythic guilds wanting you to use it. Depends on the legendaries you have (and don't have) and your non-legendary gear though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post

Even on HFC seraphim wasn't giving you a huge advantage.

ES is alot easier to use but it just feels like trash. You are gimping your main nuke just for the off chance to see a big crit. I much prefer seeing the 3M+ crits on TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, with FV you want cloak so you need to skip 2t19
    Yup. It was still worth it though. Was still a damage gain for me. Tbh i was happy to stop limping around on those old things. But i think it beeing worth it is more because mastery became decent.

I actually have 50% mastery atm, and it feels rewarding to do those finishers during the judge window. The window actually feels like it makes a difference now.

I really want a 910 Arcano crystal though. Im running an 880 with socket one. The mastery buff made it better.