Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Oshit lads watch out there's 2 of them now.
    I am pretty sure i have been here longer than you.

Deleted
    Ok but here's the thing. We know we're trash. Not one single person here says or thinks that we're not trash. You telling us we're trash doesn't do anything. It doesn't offend us, doesn't upset us, it just makes you look really boring and dumb.
    Yeah kinda how I know USA is dog shit. I love the MLS because of Villa right now. Half breed I am I also get the goose bumps watching Spain.

What needs to stop are the cheap shots from you @TheGOAT. They like to talk about EPL then good, it is a good league. I talk about the Spanish league as well and join the conversation about other leagues. If you aren't able to join those conversations and just jump at everything then you should not be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I wonder what Portugal will do when Ronaldo retires, oh thats right, go back to doing what they did before Ronaldo, fuck all.
    The same as we did against France? People who don't recognize the valor of the Portuguese players other than Ronaldo are simply blind or only see the EPL in front of them.

And before Ronaldo we were pretty well served, Figo, Rui Costa and some others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what Portugal will do when Ronaldo retires, oh thats right, go back to doing what they did before Ronaldo, fuck all.
    *YAWN*

We know we're screwed once he retires. Tell us something we don't already know, lol... We're not deluded. Try again, bucko!

Pass that salt over here, bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    The same as we did against France? People who don't recognize the valor of the Portuguese players other than Ronaldo are simply blind or only see the EPL in front of them.

And before Ronaldo we were pretty well served, Figo, Rui Costa and some others.
    I recognise plenty of Portuguse players, I may not follow the league, but I enjoy reading you lot talk about it.

What really grinds my fucking gears is you lot jump in, throw some snipes at the England squad, then run off screaming about a shitty 1-0 win over France and about how the entire thread is only about the EPL and filled with English tossers whenever someone dares to say anything back about the Portuguese side.

Learn to take banter, that goes for everyone in this thread.

I am pretty sure i have been here longer than you.
    When did it become a contest lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    *YAWN*

We know we're screwed once he retires. Tell us something we don't already know, lol... We're not deluded. Try again, bucko!

Pass that salt over here, bro.
    Christ alive it's like going back in time trying to watch you meme.

We get it, time stopped for you in 2016 when you actually won something, but do try to stay current with the memes, for our sakes atleast.

*YAWN*

What? I mean, he will be missed but i don't think we we are that screwed to be honest. We have good players in their really early 20s that can get amazing. Bernardo Silva is already one of them, Bruno Fernandes too, Gelson Martins just keeps getting better and better, among others.

What we need is a good 9, since Pauleta(2004) that we don't have one. We urgently need a 9, even more when Ronaldo retires.

We need new central backs too, the ones we have are getting old, they are all older than 30.

- - - Updated - - -

I recognise plenty of Portuguse players, I may not follow the league, but I enjoy reading you lot talk about it.

What really grinds my fucking gears is you lot jump in, throw some snipes at the England squad, then run off screaming about a shitty 1-0 win over France and about how the entire thread is only about the EPL and filled with English tossers whenever someone dares to say anything back about the Portuguese side.

Learn to take banter, that goes for everyone in this thread.
    Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 10, winning is winning. We beat the team that eliminated Germany who eliminated Italy who eliminated Spain and without Ronaldo.

Well, you gives us banter, we counter attack, isn't it how it works?

Deleted
    Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 10, winning is winning. We beat the team that eliminated Germany who eliminated Italy who eliminated Spain and without Ronaldo.

Well, you gives us banter, we counter attack, isn't it how it works?
    No because we don't give you banter, you make snide insults, we try to banter back and then you just throw more insults and try to play the victim card.

Every. Single. Time.

When did it become a contest lmao
    You are talking like i am new here. I have been here defending Portugal way earlier than TheGoat.

You are talking like i am new here. I have been here defending Portugal way earlier than TheGoat.
    That's great lil buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Christ alive it's like going back in time trying to watch you meme.

We get it, time stopped for you in 2016 when you actually won something, but do try to stay current with the memes, for our sakes atleast.
    What's the problem of using older memes? He could even use images from 1995 for all i care. The point is to be funny.

Deleted
    What's the problem of using older memes? He could even use images from 1995 for all i care. The point is to be funny.
    Then he's failing miserably.

That's great lil buddy.

You may be bipolar. Or passive-aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I mean, he will be missed but i don't think we we are that screwed to be honest. We have good players in their really early 20s that can get amazing. Bernardo Silva is already one of them, Bruno Fernandes too, Gelson Martins just keeps getting better and better, among others.

What we need is a good 9, since Pauleta(2004) that we don't have one. We urgently need a 9, even more when Ronaldo retires.

We need new central backs too, the ones we have are getting old, they are all older than 30.
    We'll be a middle tier team imo. Just look at what happened to the Netherlands (probably won't be that bad but you get the point). And whilst we did win without Ronaldo in the Final, we still had Pepe who was clutch and a force to be reckoned with. Looking at the bigger picture, that's still only one match (very small sample size). It's hard to see Portugal do well without the likes of Ronaldo and Pepe to be brutally honest with you.

Renato sanches seems like he's going to become a flop too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internationals are a plague, stop fighting over the most shit aspect of the football season.

Portugal won 2016, I was happy because they are a country that have deserved some success for a while. They should have won vs Greece when they had the likes of Figo but it just never happened, just like Spain went for years with great underachieving teams.

England has been awful for most of my life whether its because of tactics, or talent, or both, I fully acknowledge that fact. But I also know that one day we'll have a half decent team again who will have a genuine chance at winning. I don't begrudge other countries who actually have systems in place to improve their youth training and to give players experience against professionals while they are young. But those systems have a cost, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, Sporting, Benfica, PSG, Ajax, PSV. Those clubs are THE clubs. Other clubs very rarely get close in league situations and so national teams are heavily biased not only in the selection from those teams but also in using similar tactics.

Other nations are better, but England has the most competitive leagues in the world because the talent isn't spread between two or three teams. That is our strength, it is also our weakness.
    Speciation Is Gradual

No because we don't give you banter, you make snide insults, we try to banter back and then you just throw more insults and try to play the victim card.

Every. Single. Time.
    So when we make fun of it's insults, when you do it, it's banter? Ok.

Also, this shit has to stop. It's been a recurring theme on here. Either that or create a damn thread that's specific to EPL/England. We shouldn't have to be shunned because of our fucking nationality. This thread is titled "football season" for a reason.............
    I mean all you do is take cheap shots at England, and then when you get told no one gives a flying fuck about your opinion or national team you just cry how you're being shunned. It's got nothing to do with your nationality, it's got everything to do with you being an attention seeking drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Internationals are a plague, stop fighting over the most shit aspect of the football season.

Portugal won 2016, I was happy because they are a country that have deserved some success for a while. They should have won vs Greece when they had the likes of Figo but it just never happened, just like Spain went for years with great underachieving teams.

England has been awful for most of my life whether its because of tactics, or talent, or both, I fully acknowledge that fact. But I also know that one day we'll have a half decent team again who will have a genuine chance at winning. I don't begrudge other countries who actually have systems in place to improve their youth training and to give players experience against professionals while they are young. But those systems have a cost, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, Sporting, Benfica, PSG, Ajax, PSV. Those clubs are THE clubs. Other clubs very rarely get close in league situations and so national teams are heavily biased not only in the selection from those teams but also in using similar tactics.

Other nations are better, but England has the most competitive leagues in the world because the talent isn't spread between two or three teams. That is our strength, it is also our weakness.
    Internationals are one of my favorite parts of the season. Clubs nowadays are full of foreign players, at least in the NTs the teams playing are actually playing with all or mostly native players. I think clubs should go back to have a minimum of 5-7 players of the nationality of the club.

Deleted
    Only meme that will never get old is the TOM