Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    IN-game Mechanics and Dev posts.
    Again I asked for a link to the magical proof. Not heresay. In-game mechanics dictate that you can as myself and many others have experienced it.

I'm just fine. Not a bitch that'll cry because I can't just teleport away from everything.

easily as a druid, shaman and dk. Don't bother tping back, just run to the nearest hub and kill anything thats still following.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It isn't a precedent though, since the reason for not Flying is clear and makes sense and does not overlap with Hearthstone or ground mounts in any way.
    The precedent is having to re-earn movement/travel abilities we already have, in each new zone or area, through some kind of rep grind or other time-gate. Granted, we used to do this each expansion with flight, but now the same thing is being extended to other travel-type abilities.

Is there any logical reason to have to re-earn the use of the flightmaster whistle? This was meant to be part of the answer to why we don't need flying. And yet Blizzard is already looking at ways to make even THAT take longer to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, and no. Technically, during the start of the patch, there is a reason. There's cannon fire able to strike down an Eredar/Draenei vessel, should be enough explanation till some quest where it is suddenly gone - sadly, content isn't set like that. I would love for people to have flight, just to see them being gunned down a few minutes after taking off.
    Except cannons shooting as us have never stopped us before. Plenty of zones where ingame and lore have cannons firing at us but we still fly. Even then the cannons are focused on our ships since we can bring an infinite amount of warriors through it's portals. They aren't going to worry about 1 lonely player just happily trotting along in the skies.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes maybe 2 minutes to get across each zone, maybe 3 if you have to go around green lava or a hill, nothing you are doing is going to be hindered by that run time the op needs to stop crying it would make 0 sense for a whistle from azeroth to work on argus get some immersion breh

Yes, and no. Technically, during the start of the patch, there is a reason. There's cannon fire able to strike down an Eredar/Draenei vessel, should be enough explanation till some quest where it is suddenly gone - sadly, content isn't set like that. I would love for people to have flight, just to see them being gunned down a few minutes after taking off.
    This would actually make grinding out reputations, or exploring to find non-flight travel abilities make sense. Flying is there, but risky to use. So you have the option to seek out and find other ways of getting around. Or you have the option to try and skillfully avoid getting tagged by any number of anti-air mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We haven't been able to fly in patch zones since BC. Besides, the zones are so small and quick to traverse it hardly matters anyway. Most of the time, you'd already be halfway to the beacon by the time the cast finishes.
    Right, and it's not like Blizzard couldn't ever design the following zone to be worse to get around?

As for flying in patch zones, they were ALL within the context of a larger expansion where flight was available from day 1, unlike WoD/Legion where flight is heavily restricted.

EDIT: FYI, there's already a couple of flight-threads on the front page. Go there for that discussion. I'd like to stay focused on the rep-grind/whistle/portal dynamic in this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Again I asked for a link to the magical proof. Not heresay. In-game mechanics dictate that you can as myself and many others have experienced it.
    Daze is applied as a "Crit" Mechanic (I.e. a Modified attack). Tanks are Uncrittable/Immune to modified attacks such as Glancing/Dazed. Therefore tanks can not be Dazed.

I take you don't read all the threads, as well, roaming the forum 24/7 isn't really what I do either.

I gave the valid answer to the comment of my quote.
    Blizzard will never love you, no matter how many times and how hard you virtually blow them. I'm sorry.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The precedent is having to re-earn movement/travel abilities we already have, in each new zone or area, through some kind of rep grind or other time-gate. Granted, we used to do this each expansion with flight, but now the same thing is being extended to other travel-type abilities.
    It's there to make people do the content instead of just flying over it like Cata. Which is the entire point. It has no precedent to affect any other travel system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Blizzard will never love you, no matter how many times and how hard you virtually blow them. I'm sorry.
    And they'll never change the game to be what you want, regardless of how much you throw a tantrum like a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This would actually make grinding out reputations, or exploring to find non-flight travel abilities make sense. Flying is there, but risky to use. So you have the option to seek out and find other ways of getting around. Or you have the option to try and skillfully avoid getting tagged by any number of anti-air mechanics.
    Always wished it was like that. Ever since Isle of Thunder (name gives it away) I loved the idea of the environment being the reason not being able to fly until X amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Ah, at least I am not acting like a child baiting for a reaction. Now, stroll along, the bridge awaits.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Except cannons shooting as us have never stopped us before. Plenty of zones where ingame and lore have cannons firing at us but we still fly. Even then the cannons are focused on our ships since we can bring an infinite amount of warriors through it's portals. They aren't going to worry about 1 lonely player just happily trotting along in the skies.
    Plenty? I can't remember more than a handfull. Care to enumerate them?

And what "ships"? The only ship on our side that isn't already down is the Vindicaar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a known fact tanks cant get dazed from regular melee if your being dazed its from a spell/ability not regular melees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Its a known fact tanks cant get dazed from regular melee if your being dazed its from a spell/ability not regular melees.
    You know, I have never had a chance to check that out. I just tend to dismount, kill whatever the speedbump is, then mount up and go on. Never understood the need to be in a rush.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I have never had a chance to check that out. I just tend to dismount, kill whatever the speedbump is, then mount up and go on. Never understood the need to be in a rush.
    I agree i just turn around and take the few extra seconds to kill and loot it you never know you might get something uesful after playing this game for as long as some of us have its just I just dont even care its parting of moving from point A to B weather it be mounted or on foot.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-09-03 at 09:51 PM.

Yet all the guns we faced befor could not shoot us down?
    Come on, thats bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yet all the guns we faced befor could not shoot us down?
    Come on, thats bullshit.
    You could at least have finished reading. Hence I said yes and no. It is a lame excuse that could be used, was technically used on Isle of Thunder. 'Big nasty lightning, you can't go flying there!'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I agree i just turn around and take the few extra seconds to kill and loot it you never know you might get something uesful after playing this game for as long as some of us have its just I just dont even care its parting of moving from point A to B weather it be mounted or on foot.
    Heck, one of my legendaries was from me stopping up to clear around me. Indeed, can have nice surprises.

How to unlock Whistle on argus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    How to unlock Whistle on argus ?
    Get to revered with Argussian Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    That was 10 years ago though. One would expect things to evolve...
    Evolve doesn't mean get everywhere instantly, why play a RPG if you don't want the RP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's not even hard to travel around Argus, people who say it is are the group that are always bashing blizz, finding whatever they can to throw out of the pram. It's really not a big deal
    Indeed, those who think it hard are those who want everything now...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!