Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

People shouldn't be able to do this shit.

http://imgur.com/a/7NKei

Doing this shit should actually be restricted through in-game system. Now, I'm not an economist IRL but I'm pretty sure that if you open up a shop or business there is a law preventing you from setting your prices absurdly low, because you cut out the competition, and in order for the competition to follow you, they should all drop their prices so low that the entire market value of the product or service gets f***ed.

I know I shouldn't be drawing parallels to real life economy in a game but I'd like to see undercutting greatly restricted on the Auction House, and if you want to sell something for 50% of the price like the moron over here, just use trade chat instead. Also worth mentioning are the individuals that, using the Auctionator addon, then add up to the misfortune by undercutting the troll price itself and ruining the prices even further.

I have NOTHING against undercutting for small amounts in order for your item to be sold first, I did it, you did it, everyone did it. As long as the average market price remains the same. Destroying other people's chances at earning decent money with the effort they put in by leveling their crafting skills and gaining the recipes, is pathetic.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Is there such law? I thought free market economy meant the otherwise. Anyway, this is not IRL, this just a game. There is only one thing you can do about undercutting, you suck it.

translation "Free market is doing what it says on the tin! BAN FREE MARKET!"

Welcome to the AH, enjoy your stay. Don't like it? Find something else to sell.

small idea for you: If I sell Netherweave bags at 5G a bag, I still make a profit since I only have to buy the threads. By your logic, I should take your personal feelings about pricing into account with how I'm pricing it? Yea.. not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/7NKei

Doing this shit should actually be restricted through in-game system. Now, I'm not an economist IRL but I'm pretty sure that if you open up a shop or business there is a law preventing you from setting your prices absurdly low, because you cut out the competition, and in order for the competition to follow you, they should all drop their prices so low that the entire market value of the product or service gets f***ed.

I know I shouldn't be drawing parallels to real life economy in a game but I'd like to see undercutting greatly restricted on the Auction House, and if you want to sell something for 50% of the price like the moron over here, just use trade chat instead. Also worth mentioning are the individuals that, using the Auctionator addon, then add up to the misfortune by undercutting the troll price itself and ruining the prices even further.

I have NOTHING against undercutting for small amounts in order for your item to be sold first, I did it, you did it, everyone did it. As long as the average market price remains the same. Destroying other people's chances at earning decent money with the effort they put in by leveling their crafting skills and gaining the recipes, is pathetic.
    No idea how seriously to take this since you didn't show or say what is being sold.

If you're sure they'll sell and sell at that price, why not just buy out the absurdly low ones and relist?

The market dictates what the fair price of something is. Just because someone randomly looted a red gem and was the first ever to list it at 500g, doesnt mean its worth 500g.

There is no market authority, everyone can do as they please on the AH.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No idea how seriously to take this since you didn't show or say what is being sold.

If you're sure they'll sell and sell at that price, why not just buy out the absurdly low ones and relist?
    It's a Vantus Rune for ToS. Just to provide some context in case your char isnt a scribe: It costs 6x Sallow Pigments (150g each) and 30 Roseate Pigments (6g each) per rune. That is provided you have Rank 3 which not everyone has.

And I have no plan to buy 140 runes just to relist them.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Well, he drew a white? (don't hate me I'm colorblind) circle around one item, its price is normal, so I think he's complaining about people selling things in multiples of 1.

Deleted
    This is literally how the AH works. If people want quick sales, they reduce the price. Nothing wrong with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    This is literally how the AH works. If people want quick sales, they reduce the price. Nothing wrong with that.
    This is a long debunked myth, stuff doesn't sell faster just because it's 50% cheaper. If raiders need Vantus Runes, they go and buy it, whether it costs 2,5k or 1,5k. They don't go and say: Oh wow I wouldn't normally use it, but now that it's 1,5k I will buy it. Noone says that. It may be the case with rare transmog items of course, but with consumables and raid materials, it's not true. You need it - you buy it.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Ya, that's what I usually do unless it's something that has a very slow sellthrough and there are too many of them to buy out.

One thing I've noticied on my server with regards to food items is that someone very often undercuts the current price by posting one stack of 2 and 2 stacks of 1 at around 30% of the going price. I suspect the idea there is to get more people to undercut them in order to drive the price down.

Every server economy is different. You cant compare average market prices. Lets talk about some craftables, if there are alot of mat farmers on one server then the price for the items will be alot lower than the average market price because that server has lower material costs.

And your real life comparison sucks. Any company can sell products dirt cheap compared to someone else but they wont make profit from it. If they wont make profit from them, then they are not going to be in the market for long. If someone is importing goods made in china for example compared to goods made in america, then the price for manufacturing them would be lower and they could sell them alot cheaper for prolonged time.

It's a Vantus Rune for ToS. Just to provide some context in case your char isnt a scribe: It costs 6x Sallow Pigments (150g each) and 30 Roseate Pigments (6g each) per rune. That is provided you have Rank 3 which not everyone has.

If you sell them for 1200g thats just above 11% profit, sounds ok to me. The market has decided that for that rune you should be making aroudn 10-11% profit. You can either lower your price and match it, or hold your stock of runes and sell when you like the price. Unfortunately, for this specific good, the more time passes, the less valuable it is.

Instead of complaining, you should have bought all the runes off the AH and target the top5 guilds on your realm and sell them as a bulk, with a discount big enough to attract the guild, but still enough for u to make a big fat 20-25% profit.

Instead of coming up with a way to make a buck, you complain about the free market being unfair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Is there such law? I thought free market economy meant the otherwise. Anyway, this is not IRL, this just a game. There is only one thing you can do about undercutting, you suck it.
    I live in a country with free market and yes - there is such law. If we have 6 teleoperators and ISPs they can't all set random prices. They can, of course, reduce the price of theirs slightly, add different packages and options but if everyone is selling phone+net+tv for around 15 euros per month, one company cannot just set it to 5 euros per month. It's against the law. I'm pretty sure thats how it works everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you sell them for 1200g thats just above 11% profit, sounds ok to me. The market has decided that for that rune you should be making aroudn 10-11% profit. You can either lower your price and match it, or hold your stock of runes and sell when you like the price. Unfortunately, for this specific good, the more time passes, the less valuable it is.

Instead of complaining, you should have bought all the runes off the AH and target the top5 guilds on your realm and sell them as a bulk, with a discount big enough to attract the guild, but still enough for u to make a big fat 20-25% profit.

Instead of coming up with a way to make a buck, you complain about the free market being unfair.
    That is a terrible profit rate for a huge amount of effort and risk whether it will sell in the end for that exact price or not. I'm not hoarding millions of gold like a lot of people so I cannot put myself through that risk. What I can do, is convert materials into products. And 1000g gain (100g profit) per 900g investment is not good enough.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account

So, you basically gave us an exact price. Vantus rune costs you 1080 gold to make? Just to grab mats off Auction House, do few clicks, and flip it for what, in your opinion fair price of 2100 gold? 1020 gold profit for a 3 click flip is a bit greedy imho, considering price of mats. I truly have no idea why are you so salty, and hurt. And if you grab mats from blood of sargeras flip, when there is like 10 bloods world quest, and you have 5 alts that need 20 minutes to do to turn bloods into mats? Only investment is time, and you still complain that someone PUT it for 1200 gold? Don't be greedy. I mean, couldn't care less as my guild provides all raiding mats, but i sympathise with people that have no access to runes or scribe or whatever, and need to pay DIRTY price on AH in order to be competitive on progress bosses. It's free market.

TL;DR

Cheap runes for the people!

This is a long debunked myth, stuff doesn't sell faster just because it's 50% cheaper. If raiders need Vantus Runes, they go and buy it, whether it costs 2,5k or 1,5k. They don't go and say: Oh wow I wouldn't normally use it, but now that it's 1,5k I will buy it. Noone says that. It may be the case with rare transmog items of course, but with consumables and raid materials, it's not true. You need it - you buy it.
    Not true, every server has goblins, people who buy things solely to sell them higher. If stuff is selling at high price then no one will most likely push the price down. But atleast I've had success in selling hard to sell things when I push the price down maybe just 10% or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what's the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What you could try is selling in larger stacks. Since all are listed as 1x then you can probably take advantage of peoples lazyness. It works with things like flasks at least. Flasks also tend to sell in singles or small stacks so I usually overcut the entire market with stacks of 20 and they sell eventhough they are sometimes twice the price of the cheapest.

I live in a country with free market and yes - there is such law. If we have 6 teleoperators and ISPs they can't all set random prices. They can, of course, reduce the price of theirs slightly, add different packages and options but if everyone is selling phone+net+tv for around 15 euros per month, one company cannot just set it to 5 euros per month. It's against the law. I'm pretty sure thats how it works everywhere.
    This might sound stupid but why? What is the law? "Dont sell stuff too cheap?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with the price...

But 17 (or 72 higher up) auctions with 1 in each... That's douchebag move..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Are you buying the materials and crafting them ? I just buy mats with bloods and find someone to make them. If its really high price I would wait cos someone will put it on cheaper. But you should sell other stuff