Thread: Shadoweave Mask

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Shadoweave Mask

So today there was this onslaught of people looking for tailors to craft this mask in trade chat. After about a half an hour of seeing people ask for it to be crafted, I finally asked in trade wtf was going on for this demand. Turns out that apparently its a requirement of the Lucid Nightmare mount (questline?) and is the pattern is no longer available in-game. Then people were saying that the pattern DOES drop now from dwarves in Searing Gorge (previously it was a quested pattern for tailors that wasn't BOP when you completed the quest). Can anyone confirm that it drops again & what exactly is this requirement for the Lucid Nightmare anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So today there was this onslaught of people looking for tailors to craft this mask in trade chat. After about a half an hour of seeing people ask for it to be crafted, I finally asked in trade wtf was going on for this demand. Turns out that apparently its a requirement of the Lucid Nightmare mount (questline?) and is the pattern is no longer available in-game. Then people were saying that the pattern DOES drop now from dwarves in Searing Gorge (previously it was a quested pattern for tailors that wasn't BOP when you completed the quest). Can anyone confirm that it drops again & what exactly is this requirement for the Lucid Nightmare anyway?
    Someone on my server was cheering in trade chat that he got it, so I guess it's dropping indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Clue 4 on the puzzle here

http://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index...ghtmare#Clue_4

Explains why it's needed
    Does anyone know if it also works if you have the appearance unlocked for transmog and have the look currently applied to your helm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    Does anyone know if it also works if you have the appearance unlocked for transmog and have the look currently applied to your helm?
    Apparently not, going by that link, you HAVE to have the hood itself.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Apparently not, going by that link, you HAVE to have the hood itself.
    Well I guess I know what I'm farming when I'm next in game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I know what I'm farming when I'm next in game...
    Yeah I would advise you farm for it, seen the pattern on my server for for 150k, can't recall the actual mask price. Obviously it'll no doubt be different for your server.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Yeah I would advise you farm for it, seen the pattern on my server for for 150k, can't recall the actual mask price. Obviously it'll no doubt be different for your server.
    Mask price seems to vary. I bought mine for 44k while my brother a few hours later on a different server only paid 18k. Some tailors are generous too and you might be able to get it for free if you provide them the mats.

Edit: something funny I realized. The piece is called shadoweave mask. It covers the player's face like a veil. Veil... shadows...
    Veil of Shadows confirmed.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2017-09-02 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Mask price seems to vary. I bought mine for 44k while my brother a few hours later on a different server only paid 18k. Some tailors are generous too and you might be able to get it for free if you provide them the mats.

Edit: something funny I realized. The piece is called shadoweave mask. It covers the player's face like a veil. Veil... shadows...
    Veil of Shadows confirmed.
    I got two patterns within seconds of each other, I plan on keeping one to give to my friend, and I basically gave one away on the AH just becasue I was feeling generous.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like when they bring back these old things, check vanilla toon - have pattern already - check gbank stash - have materials - $$$.

The market is crashing since everyone is flooding, but yes it comes from Steamsmiths in Searing Gorge. Took me about 30min to farm up. 8 shadow silk - best place is LBRS, spider area.

As for the lucid nightmare, it's an ongoing process. If you're familiar with the Riddler's Mindworm mount, it's similar to that. People are currently working to figure it out....but the world is stumped right now. The secrets group has been going hard since the release, but we're all going nuts over this one. 27,000+ people trying to solve this. Celeston and some other CMs are trollin. https://discord.gg/wowsecrets

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post47141804

Needs more Shrek
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-09-03 at 12:19 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

You either have to have the physical hood or transmogged into that exact hood (not another item with same appearance)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You either have to have the physical hood or transmogged into that exact hood (not another item with same appearance)
    Excellent. I had heard mixed information so was unsure. Luckily I have the look unlocked from that item so I can use the transmog approach. Thanks for the info.

Excellent. I had heard mixed information so was unsure. Luckily I have the look unlocked from that item so I can use the transmog approach. Thanks for the info.
    Good luck and let me know if it works. I've heard mixed reports that it does and doesn't. If it does then it'll be easier for me to get it too, otherwise it's back to farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Damn, those prices..

I paid 4k on AH and felt I got shafted..

I even did the puzzle on an alt (Warlock), because I felt at that price, I should atleast get the transmog..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Damn, those prices..

I paid 4k on AH and felt I got shafted..

I even did the puzzle on an alt, because I felt at that price, I should atleast get the transmog..
    Wait a week for the rush to die off... buy the everything at the normal prices...

The lowest on my server is 5k. It's a madhouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Wait a week for the rush to die off... buy the everything at the normal prices...
    Too late, I got the horse, 5 hours ago..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Good luck and let me know if it works. I've heard mixed reports that it does and doesn't. If it does then it'll be easier for me to get it too, otherwise it's back to farming.
    So I got the mount today. I tried yesterday to do the shadoweave mask part with transmog. It would not let me click the skull and in the end I had to equip one. The most time consuming part by far was the maze at the end. Great work all of the people who cracked all of the code for this and a big thank you to them for sharing it with us all.

Deleted
    Funny that I had a pattern on my mage and it worked out, while when I search for patters on the AH, the shadowweave mask comes up as if my character has not learned how to craft that... (character is from mid-BC).