Poll: If Forsaken Could Be Cured of Undeath

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If Forsaken Could Be Cured of Undeath

Would they rejoin the Alliance?
    Remain Horde?
    Split from both factions risking eradication?

The tauren tried to cure them in vanilla but still to no effect whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Would they rejoin the Alliance?
    Remain Horde?
    Split from both factions risking eradication?

The tauren tried to cure them in vanilla but still to no effect whatsoever.
    Well, it was mostly Magatha who was interacting with the Forsaken pre-Cataclysm and considering she's one of the more devious characters in the lore you can't help but wonder if her followers were actually trying to help them, or simply going through the motions to get some kind of recompense from them. Considering how she engineered the death of Cairne via poison, the Forsaken specialty, it could be. Fake helping them in return for ingredients or knowledge, for healing purposes of course. =-)

They'd keel over dead.

Deleted
    If they were cured of undeath wouldn't they be... dead? If you rise a corpse, then dispel a magic that maintains them, they should turn into a corpse again, no?

Depends if the dark character they adopted as undead will remain as part of them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    The real question is, how long til the Horde throws the Forsaken out?

The only reasonable thing I see happening in the near future is a Forsaken civil war, like Siege of Orgrimmar, that has us kill Sylvanas and pick a new leader. Bad Forsaken vs. good Forsaken, the bad Forsaken get put to rest or kicked out. Then you have a good Forsaken faction, maybe with a slight edge but not doing any horrible shit anymore, that's under a non-crazy leader. Now where to find a mentally stable Forsaken? The only undead I can think of is Meryl, but he is not even really Forsaken and has nothing to do with Lordaeron. I guess Calia could return, but she'd still be human. Kinda weird. Lilian Voss would be perfect, but she seems fucked in the head.

How can you "cure" dead person to be fully alive? Sorry but I find it doubtful to be ever doable.

Since magatha was behind inviting them, and there was in vanilla quest of Forsaken cooperating with Grimtotems and suppliyng them with poison I believe you shoud see that it was just lousy excuse to let them in.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of them with family back in the Alliance. Most Forsaken don't seem to care much for the Horde itself, but I think some would still serve Sylvanas or join their families in the Alliance.
    I don't think many of them would return to Alliance, and less while the worgens are there. Forsakens come mostly from Lordaeron people so It's supposed that entire families were converted to undead. Very few would have family in other unaffected kingdoms. And of course, they are loyal to Sylvanas, as she freed and took care of all. They don't care about horde nor alliance, as they were a human kingdom but not in the actual Alliance. The old alliance of human kingdoms (gilneas, alterac, lordaeron, kul'tiras, etc) has nothing to do with the playable Alliance nowadays.

They will stand in the Horde as long as they don't create their own faction. But is very very unlikely they would be Alliance. They save more hate than love to them.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-09-05 at 12:12 PM.

Has it ever been confirmed what, exactly, raises a human or elf from the dead in the form of a forsaken? Is it magic? Alchemy? Something else?

I think that "curing" a forsaken would probably have to involve removing whatever it is that animates them currently, which would probably result in true death. Resurrecting from there would be EXTREMELY difficult, considering how long most of them have been "dead".

And even if was possible through all that, to return a forsaken to a fully living state as a normal human or elf, it's not like their experiences as a forsaken would disappear. They'd still have all the beliefs and knowledge the gained during their time as a loyal follower of Sylvanus. They wouldn't magically forget that it was Sylvanus that lead them and defended them and gave them a home when everyone else would have destroyed them on sight. That wouldn't be likely to change, even if they had a new body.

If it were possible, which is unlikely for gameplay purposes, and did happen I think the Forsaken would probably still align itself to the Horde, but probably attempt to reconnect to the Alliance somewhat, inviting Lordaeronian refugees to come resettle and if that happens then that would definitely shift their allegiances a little with the probable outcome being the Forsaken and Lordaeronians opting for Neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The only reasonable thing I see happening in the near future is a Forsaken civil war, like Siege of Orgrimmar, that has us kill Sylvanas and pick a new leader. Bad Forsaken vs. good Forsaken, the bad Forsaken get put to rest or kicked out. Then you have a good Forsaken faction, maybe with a slight edge but not doing any horrible shit anymore, that's under a non-crazy leader. Now where to find a mentally stable Forsaken.
    What's a "good Forsaken"? Their condition leaves them grouchy, nearly emotionless beings. They're not evil or good.

Deleted
    They would of course remain with the Horde. What other opportunities do they have? Join the alliance? Just think about it, people stood in Lordaeron to fight against the scourge, while other people left them behind and saved themself in Stormwind. There is way too much hatred between the forsaken and alliance. Furthermore, if they would join the alliance they would ultimately have the horde with Quel'thalas against them, a way bigger threat than the humans in Arathi and the wildhammer dwarves in the hinterlands. Split from both ain't a good idea either, because then they would be an easy victim to the horde or the alliance because Lordaeron holds a lot of value ressources both sides are interested on. It would be the best and smartest to stay with the horde, a strong partner and supporter in battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    What's a "good Forsaken"? Their condition leaves them grouchy, nearly emotionless beings. They're not evil or good.
    You judge them by their deeds and deeds are either good or evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I'm not so sure that they cant feel emotions tbh... Are they, truly, incapable of love or do they simply deny themselves such because of what they've become?

This is from a quest that was removed in Cataclysm:

''Oh...my poor Thurman! I begged him to leave Agamand Mills with me and my father, but his family loyalty was too strong! And I knew it! I just knew it that Brand meant him harm!! Oh, curse this Plague, and the Scourge!

<Yvette's face then smoothes and grows cold.>

But regrets are for the weak. As a Forsaken, I have new goals and love is not one of them. I would thank you for delivering this letter, for I had wondered what happened to my past love.

But that life is over. Forever.
    ''

Seems like, atleast to me, that they can feel emotion but choose to refuse it. Could be wrong.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2017-09-05 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added stuff.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

OP makes me long for the days of inter-faction lore and tiny little side stories of how the races interact. There's so much to explore in the Horde since they all come from such vastly different outlooks on life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    How can you "cure" dead person to be fully alive? Sorry but I find it doubtful to be ever doable.
    Worked for Medivh. Jaina and a handful of other mages can do it.

Since magatha was behind inviting them, and there was in vanilla quest of Forsaken cooperating with Grimtotems and suppliyng them with poison I believe you shoud see that it was just lousy excuse to let them in.
    Hamuul Runetotem believed that the Forsaken could be redeemed and was the one who advocated for their admission into the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Has it ever been confirmed what, exactly, raises a human or elf from the dead in the form of a forsaken? Is it magic? Alchemy? Something else?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The souls of the undead (Forsaken, PC death knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Worked for Medivh. Jaina and a handful of other mages can do it.
    From what I know Medivh wasn't truly brought back to living, he was more a shade of a man that went to warn people from scourge. And it was Aegwyn who sacrificed herself so he could be bought back to life. It's not something to be done daily for entire population. And for a reason too - it would be absolutely abnormal to change everyone like that, hell, even reverting one person like that is. And what makes you think that Jaina is capable of doing that? Any hint of some sort?

I haven't played this game for a long time, but I don't recall seeing any material that claims Jaina could turn undead to living person np.

Hamuul Runetotem believed that the Forsaken could be redeemed and was the one who advocated for their admission into the Horde.
    Just saying that there were in vanilla Dustwallow marsh quests that involved Forsaken scheming with Grimtotems. We didn't get any material so far which shows taurens working to help them revert it. (Or I don't remember seeing one).

And personally I wouldn't want for them to be taken back to living. It's just too weird for me, if they died they either should be stuck with decaying body or die. It was a stretch for Blizzard to not make Sylvanas look like decaying corpse she is already, turning entire Forsaken community back to life would be stupider move than Vol'Jin's death imo.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I know Medivh wasn't truly brought back to living, he was more a shade of a man that went to warn people from scourge. And it was Aegwyn who sacrificed herself so he could be bought back to life. It's not something to be done daily for entire population. And for a reason too - it would be absolutely abnormal to change everyone like that, hell, even reverting one person like that is. And what makes you think that Jaina is capable of doing that? Any hint of some sort?

I haven't played this game for a long time, but I don't recall seeing any material that claims Jaina could turn undead to living person np.
    Aegwynn didn't sacrifice herself to bring Medivh back. It took her years to gather the power and it was difficult for her to do it because she was so drained from her fight with Medivh and she was using the last of her de-aging magic. Aegwynn died fighting Cho'gall in the comics.

“I believe I’ve earned the right to determine my own destiny.”
    “Because you brought Medivh back?”
    Again Proudmoore had managed to stun Aegwynn with her perspicacity. She found herself unable to speak.
    “We always wondered how Medivh came back from the dead after Khadgar and Lothar defeated him. It would have taken powerful magic to do so. I might have been able to do it, and so could one or two others, but if they had, they would have admitted it. You said you were drained by your fight with Medivh, but there is one thing that could substitute for that necessary power, and that’s the bond between mother and son.”

--Cycle of Hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Aegwynn didn't sacrifice herself to bring Medivh back. It took her years to gather the power and it was difficult for her to do it because she was so drained from her fight with Medivh and she was using the last of her de-aging magic. Aegwynn died fighting Cho'gall in the comics.

“I believe I’ve earned the right to determine my own destiny.”
    “Because you brought Medivh back?”
    Again Proudmoore had managed to stun Aegwynn with her perspicacity. She found herself unable to speak.
    “We always wondered how Medivh came back from the dead after Khadgar and Lothar defeated him. It would have taken powerful magic to do so. I might have been able to do it, and so could one or two others, but if they had, they would have admitted it. You said you were drained by your fight with Medivh, but there is one thing that could substitute for that necessary power, and that’s the bond between mother and son.”

--Cycle of Hatred
    Hmm either it was retconned, or I read about it such a long time ago that mixed stuff up. But I see you do agree it's not a task to apply on entire Forsaken population. And you still didn't provide source that would show that Jaina is capable of doing the same.

I believe that only Aegwynn was able to do it, and since she is gone then it's not likely it will occur again.

But again personally I don't think it should be ever possible. There should be rules and limits.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of them with family back in the Alliance.
    Doubtful. Most of the people in Lordaeron were killed or turned to Scourge. Most of the survivors died in Theramore. The Forsaken were half of the Lordaeron Scourge (pre-Cata rezes). Hillsbrad Fields, Southshore, and the Scarlets were wiped out. Their families are either dead, Scourge, or already Forsaken. Then there's the elves in the Forsaken whose families are either likely BElves in the Horde, or most likely dead.

- - - Updated - - -

And you still didn't provide source that would show that Jaina is capable of doing the same.
    It's right there in the quote I provided: "I might have been able to do it, and so could one or two others, but if they had, they would have admitted it."