View Poll Results: Do you believe in divorce, and do you become property of in your marriage?

Voters
90. This poll is closed
  • No/No

19 21.11%
  • No/Yes

5 5.56%
  • Yes/Yes

3 3.33%
  • Yes/No

57 63.33%
  • No/Yes Only if kids are involved adopted or otherwise.

1 1.11%
  • Other (comment below.)

5 5.56%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you believe in divorce, and do you become property of your marriage?

Do you believe in divorce, and do you become property of the other in your marriage?

Personally I don't believe in divorce, and I also believe you do become the property of the other person in marriage, I am pretty traditional even as far as to most of the traditional meanings to marriage.

That said, I am reasonable, and I understand divorce is necessary and it can consist of more than just gender, but regardless to gender or those in the marriage of more than one adult, I still don't believe personally in marriage, and believe that marriage should mean being the property in any event to those involved in the marriage provided they are of legal age and (Sound Mind) to do so, being the ONLY restriction.

So how about you, what do you think, are there any conditions like if children are involved, adopted or otherwise?

Ok Here we go first poll in a while, and you have my word I will keep these going forward limited maybe once a day in any one forum group, but I will do my best to make better polls and threads, I am going to fail, but I do like to start conversation, also if anyone has a suggestion for a GREAT poll and question send me a message, I won't post anything against forum rules or decency. Who knows if I get some good questions maybe start giving away some giftcards or something at the end of the month, and poll the best questions, i'll even give credit alone if you want. Provided it's allowed by moderators.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-05 at 10:54 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Divorce is like the most stressful thing a person can go through. I read that somewhere, it was like number 5 on a list.

I think divorce should be avoided if possible.

No you're not property but your spouse get's a bunch of rights, including pulling the plug if you're brain dead or whatever.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-09-05 at 11:10 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Divorce happens. When you have no kids, it's whatever. Go for it.

But when you have kids, divorce becomes one of the most selfish things in existence, next to suicide. It tears apart families and has a negative impact one way or another on the kids.

And I am not sure what you mean by "property." No human is property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Divorce is like the most stressful thing a person can go through. I read that somewhere, it was like number 5 on a list.

I think divorce should be avoided if possible.

No you're not property but your spouse get's a bunch of rights, including pulling the plug if you're brain dead or whatever.
    I understand why divorce is what it is even though I disagree with it, like many things, I understand the idea doesn't mate what happens, but I do wonder why.

As for the property thing same thing, but I agree you should become property in the traditional sense.

I mean if you die, what do you become to your surviving spouse besides property?

Also I am religious about it so until death do you part and all that two souls become one property and all the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

But when you have kids, divorce becomes one of the most selfish things in existence, next to suicide. It tears apart families and has a negative impact one way or another on the kids.

And I am not sure what you mean by "property." No human is property.
    I agree when it comes to kids, I think divorce should be very rare in that case. As for property, I mean property. Yeah

"Property" is the wrong word. For example, you can sell property to a third-party, but you can't sell your spouse.

I think what you want is something closer to giving up a degree of control over yourself to your spouse and vice-versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    "Property" is the wrong word. For example, you can sell property to a third-party, but you can't sell your spouse.

I think what you want is something closer to giving up a degree of control over yourself to your spouse and vice-versa.
    There are limits to what you can do with your property that is called regulation.

But, yeah you get the more over point yes.

I think getting married is taken less serious than getting a tattoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think getting married is taken less serious than getting a tattoo.
    I think you don't know what you're talking about at all. If anything you're just showing how incredibly out of touch you are if you think the majority of people consider getting a tattoo "serious" these days.

Also, no human is anyone's property.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I think you don't know what you're talking about at all. If anything you're just showing how incredibly out of touch you are if you think the majority of people consider getting a tattoo "serious" these days.

Also, no human is anyone's property.
    People marry for stupid things that don't last in the long run, people get married because of cute ideas rather than wanting to be responsible of committed to someone or anybody or anything.

It's fine not to want to get married, but the fact the state still sanctions that shit, I disagree with it being the no big deal that it's treated despite what people claim, Otherwise divorce wouldn't be as high as it is.

Judging from poll results there's a shitload of selfish fuckers on this forum

10+ Year Old Account
    "do you become property of the other in your marriage?"

How is this even a question? No human being is ever "property".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    And none of them have a goddamn kick ass fucking beard, pity us mortals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "do you become property of the other in your marriage?"

How is this even a question? No human being is ever "property".
    Sure they do, if you get married you die take a wild guess what you become to your husband or wife.

Why would anyone want to stay in a marriage that isn't working? Why not have the option for a clean break?

And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by property... That's a really weird way to describe marriage.

Of course, I also think that marriage should be a purely civil/legal arrangement rather than a religious one, so what do I know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    People marry for stupid things that don't last in the long run, people get married because of cute ideas rather than wanting to be responsible of committed to someone or anybody or anything.

It's fine not to want to get married, but the fact the state still sanctions that shit, I disagree with it being the no big deal that it's treated despite what people claim, Otherwise divorce wouldn't be as high as it is.
    Most people don't though. Most people don't get married for stupid reasons - they either don't give a shit about it or they take it seriously.

If you're talking about stupid young people getting married while they're still in the honeymoon phase - news flash it's been happening for as long as marriage has been a social invention.

State your sources where it's "no big deal". Show us where you're finding these apparent social trends.

And again - no one is ever anyone's property, that's just a fucked up backwards notion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    It's the result of OPs weird choice of the words "believe" and "property".
    Requires so much massaging to make a reasonable point that it's, to me, not worth the consideration beyond what I think the state should recognize: divorce is a possibility and people are not property.

Is this serious?

If it is: holly cow, OP!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

My parents were fighting incessantly during my childhood. I was so happy when they split up. Sometimes divorce is in the best interest of the kids.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2017-09-05 at 11:59 PM.

Divorce happens weather I believe in it or not. No matter the situation surrounding it if two people don't love each other it becomes toxic and harmful to everyone involved, especially to kids. My parents didn't love each other and all it did was teach me how fickle love and people are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    My parents were fight incessantly during my childhood. I was so happy when they split up. Sometimes divorce is in the best interest of the kids.
    So did mine, but I would prefer they work it out and stay together, which they did and I respect. Showed that they didn't give up.

The arguments were nothing compared to the idea that I would have to "pick a parent". F that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people don't though. Most people don't get married for stupid reasons - they either don't give a shit about it or they take it seriously.
    Oh yes they do, and there are some shining examples right here on these forums for the kinds of dumb things to expect from a long term relationship, with anyone for that matter. Many people would make SHITTY friends let alone life long partners in a committed relationship.

If you don't have a lot of real friends or friends offline, and it isn't intentional and there is a reason for that, regardless to gender.

If you're talking about stupid young people getting married while they're still in the honeymoon phase - news flash it's been happening for as long as marriage has been a social invention.
    Not about attacking youth or any particular generation, yes it has been a problem for a long time.

State your sources where it's "no big deal". Show us where you're finding these apparent social trends.
    The divorce rate. Google is your friend.

And again - no one is ever anyone's property, that's just a fucked up backwards notion.
    Yeah well if you have foggy ideas about marriage I am not surprised by this response. Yes Marriage is a very old and very serious situation, and it has a shit load of ties to uncomfortable truths.

I understand times have changed, and I accept that but, none the less I am a caveman and possessive in this situation, and I do agree with this tradition and it's spirit.

By the way the law already recognizes part of marriage as it pertains to ownership, in fact one of the biggest issue for gay marriage had to do with the fact Civil Unions weren't afforded the exact same kinds of protections. Such as patient care management at the time when a spouse or significant other were unable to make any other choices.

There is also the issue when it comes to property rights, men pay alimony and child support based on the conditions that were designed for marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    It's the result of OPs weird choice of the words "believe" and "property".
    Requires so much massaging to make a reasonable point that it's, to me, not worth the consideration beyond what I think the state should recognize: divorce is a possibility and people are not property.
    Yeah, I know Belief is a taboo word around those not really too much into making a lot of personal choices.

My parents always hated each other but for various cultural reasons never got divorced. However, due to unrelated reasons they ended up living apart for most of my childhood anyway, which ended up being far preferable to hearing them bicker and complain when they lived together. It's like the old saying goes, preventing divorce is like locking the door when the house is on fire...