Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whiners make Blizzard nerf the Paraxus

I have witnessed the Paraxus only once, but it was glorious. I got behind the barrier and then I thought "I'm going to test it to see how much damage it does". I literally blew up a half second later. It was hilarious. Why did Blizzard have to nerf something fun? This is only an example of how Blizzard caves to people who can't be bothered by inconveniences.

The Paraxis now fires at player locations, allowing players to avoid the damage from the effect.

The original version felt like blizzard giving us a mandatory afk. Nicer now that it is something active.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    The original version felt like blizzard giving us a mandatory afk. Nicer now that it is something active.
    It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.
    Would it had felt impactfull for 5th time? 10th? 20th?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

In the original version you just died as soon as you went too far out of a cave or didn't notice that the paraxis was out. You're out questing or doing world quests and suddenly you're dead and you don't know why. There was no indication other than the debuff and the only thing you could do is just sit there for 5 minutes until the paraxis is gone. It doesn't feel good if the game forces you to stop playing. Now you actually have to be hit by the paraxis to die so you can try to acoid the blasts and at least go to another location and aren't stuck in place.

Deleted
    I got nuked out of the blue about 5 times, it's an insta death, it's no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    I got nuked out of the blue about 5 times, it's an insta death, it's no fun at all.
    There is a big warning on your screen and sound and stuff.. I don't know how it was "out of the blue"

This a ship or something on Mac'Aree?

Because from a game-play perspective the fun factor was close to absolute zero?

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You're out questing or doing world quests and suddenly you're dead and you don't know why.
    If you're oblivious enough to miss the zonewide yell, and then the talking head popping up in the middle of your screen telling you to take cover, and still haven't gotten to safety after nearly 3 minutes of warning, you deserve your repair bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine if you didn't get a 5 minute warning!
    The warning really negates any intended forms of 'danger' to the player that Blizzard may have had.

No warnings!!!

Tornado on the other hand is a better implementation.
    Need to ramp up the damage on that though.
    After 2 hits i am still alive.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    This a ship or something on Mac'Aree?
    No, it's a ship on the Antoran wastes.
    Every few hours or so you get a debuff saying it is approaching... Once it is there you can see a "moving Sentinaxx on the map" and the debuff starts ticking for damage (ergo; you are being shot at from it).

It's quite annoying really... the 1st time i got the debuff i had no idea what was actually happening, so it did kill me. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I have witnessed the Paraxus only once, but it was glorious. I got behind the barrier and then I thought "I'm going to test it to see how much damage it does". I literally blew up a half second later. It was hilarious. Why did Blizzard have to nerf something fun? This is only an example of how Blizzard caves to people who can't be bothered by inconveniences.
    In a way, yes, and in a way, damn it.

I liked that general bombardment fear but the other method is okay too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Would it had felt impactful for 5th time? 10th? 20th?
    have you ever wiped on an encouinter at all in your life? lmfao.

i get the noobness protection, but theres a point in time where after the 20TH TIME it gets a little easier.

you face paraxus you face paraxus eredar ship of the burning legion

is paraxis bro

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Because from a game-play perspective the fun factor was close to absolute zero?
    yea dying is not supposed to be fun. get your own "gameplay" together and try to not die. easy. there have been oneshot mechanics plenty of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen it. But getting told you'll be 1shot in 5 minutes basically means you have to go afk for 5 minutes until it's passed. that doesn't sound fun at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they can make the bombardment target areas massive and give you enough time to get out of them (think of Odyn's AoE in HoV for size and time to react). That would feel impactful and would force you to keep moving if it kept raining those attacks fast enough. I only wish it did friendly fire and you could hide at buildings
    Oh, I could agree on the target area being bigger, said the same about good ol' Sentinax, may your ship parts forever become toasters. Though, Paraxus only warned of an attack, the rest is just, 'you are dead'. So, wouldn't mind a big target area that can be defined.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm glad I got to experience it at full power--- first I hearthed back to the Vindicaar, then went back to the ground to see if anything cool looking happened. Would it lay fire everyplace like Deathwing, etc? Then I watched the ship go firing overhead and beyond a rocky overhang. Thought it would be all-clear but Nooooooope xD my Cheat Death activated, and I was 2 steps from the shields safety when it got me again. It made me laugh x)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they can make the bombardment target areas massive and give you enough time to get out of them (think of Odyn's AoE in HoV for size and time to react). That would feel impactful and would force you to keep moving if it kept raining those attacks fast enough. I only wish it did friendly fire and you could hide at buildings
    This sounds like it would be ok--as long as they dont neuter the danger factor. I love that its big enough that a 'Watch your ass' warning appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fun detected, fun nerfed, right?

New paraxus may as well not exist now...