https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/905612156799901696

Kamiya outright talks about The Wonderful 102.

- - - Updated - - -

https://press-start.com.au/news/nint...gaming-charts/

Mario + Rabbids is the first Switch game to top the Austrlian game charts.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/905612156799901696

Kamiya outright talks about The Wonderful 102.

- - - Updated - - -

https://press-start.com.au/news/nint...gaming-charts/

Mario + Rabbids is the first Switch game to top the Austrlian game charts.
    not surprising. rabbids are super popular in australia and eastern Europe. it will probably sell really well in the eu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not surprising. rabbids are super popular in australia and eastern Europe. it will probably sell really well in the eu
    Mario + Rabbids is the shit.

Like seriously, I might even like it more than Zelda but then again I got spoiled on the likes of Witcher 3 beforehand so that's not exactly fair. Witcher 3 had the oddity of being something I pissed and moaned about a lot upfront and then, just kept liking it more and more without fail until it hit a masterpiece of a crescendo. Zelda is having the entirely opposite effect on me BUT as a whole I still like it.

Mario + Rabbids on the other hand is a lot of fun with little complaints. It's an oddly gorgeous game too considering.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know if the Minecraft version of the Switch will receive a significant upgrade to chunk rendering and the likes once 'Better Together' releases? I hate how you can't seem to get a straight answer on this. I've been on the fence as a result because I want it but I'd rather not if it ends up being roughly the same and Xbox just blows past it, even with the basic non 'X' model.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-07 at 04:05 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking Mario rabbits too except for a afew fights where every single enemy hit me with their damn special effect, thought I was playing splatoon with all the damn ink flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Considering the Pokemon Company CEO thought the Switch was going to be a failure...(http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemo...e-it-launched/)

It's a pretty safe bet they never even started working on the announced Switch Pokemon game until the Switch launch was a success. Making the 2018 launch date even more sketchy unless it's a remake or another S/M version.
    Yep Ive thought it would be a 2019 release the whole time. I was slightly hopeful for Stars, but once we saw it wasn't coming, 2019 just makes sense. They always wait 2 years to release a pokemon game anyways. By the time Pokemon Switch releases, Switch should have sold 30m or more units, assuming demand doesn't plummet or unless they keep having stock issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It will also be game freaks first HD game, something every other Nintendo studio struggled with and got the kinks out during the Wii U.

I'm not holding my breath on getting a quality HD Pokemon game in 2018. Not saying the first switch game won't be out in 2018, but if it is it's probably going to look like an emulated 3DS game running at 1080/720(like the MHXX port for example).
    Im fine with that. Sun and Moon look a lot better than X and Y for example. At least imo. 2021 or 2022s Gen 9 should look great on Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't hurt that its actually a good game. Only 3 hours in, but its awesome. Only wish was a slightly more serious story, and that it was a tad harder. Could get harder in other worlds I suppose too. 30 fps isn't even bothering me either. I feel sick playing Witcher 3 on pc at even 60 fps(not the case with a lot of games, but Witcher 3 seems to require more than 60 for it to feel smooth for me, no idea why. I tend to put settings on high instead of ultra and play with 80ish fps. Monitor is overclocked to 83hz. Off topic I know sorry)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Mario + Rabbids is the shit.

Like seriously, I might even like it more than Zelda but then again I got spoiled on the likes of Witcher 3 beforehand so that's not exactly fair. Witcher 3 had the oddity of being something I pissed and moaned about a lot upfront and then, just kept liking it more and more without fail until it hit a masterpiece of a crescendo. Zelda is having the entirely opposite effect on me BUT as a whole I still like it.

Mario + Rabbids on the other hand is a lot of fun with little complaints. It's an oddly gorgeous game too considering.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know if the Minecraft version of the Switch will receive a significant upgrade to chunk rendering and the likes once 'Better Together' releases? I hate how you can't seem to get a straight answer on this. I've been on the fence as a result because I want it but I'd rather not if it ends up being roughly the same and Xbox just blows past it, even with the basic non 'X' model.
    I feel like Zelda would have been better with more obvious quests, a more in your case grand story etc. I like to have my hand held in rpgs. I dont know why, but I feel like devs generally do a better job at forcing me to have fun vs me finding stuff on my own. Zelda is still good though. Definitely not my game of the year. Id probably give it an 8.5. Dont kill me please people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I'm liking Mario rabbits too except for a afew fights where every single enemy hit me with their damn special effect, thought I was playing splatoon with all the damn ink flying
    Has anyone found a way to replay battles? One 2 start battle is killing me. I want perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Has anyone found a way to replay battles? One 2 start battle is killing me. I want perfection.
    I think after you beat the first world you get the option of using the Rabbid time/washing machine near Peach's castle to redo levels over again.

I say 'think' because I don't recall if that's what unlocks it 100%. I've already used the machine to get perfects on W1 missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I think after you beat the first world you get the option of using the Rabbid time/washing machine near Peach's castle to redo levels over again.

I say 'think' because I don't recall if that's what unlocks it 100%. I've already used the machine to get perfects on W1 missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap forgot this isn't the megathread for 8.0. If a mod wants me to remove that I will. Please no infracterino.

Anyways thanks^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yep Ive thought it would be a 2019 release the whole time. I was slightly hopeful for Stars, but once we saw it wasn't coming, 2019 just makes sense. They always wait 2 years to release a pokemon game anyways. By the time Pokemon Switch releases, Switch should have sold 30m or more units, assuming demand doesn't plummet or unless they keep having stock issues..
    pokemon games are almost always yearly.

the only times they werent yearly was in the case of

inbetween blue version and yellow version
    inbetween crystal and r/s
    inbetween r/s and frlg
    inbetween emerald and d/p
    inbetween d/p and platinum
    inbetween oras and sumo

most of those are during gen 3
    it may not release until early 2019 but its not going to have some crazy long away from now release date like holiday 2019. the most time consuming part will just be making the hd models for the pokemon and once those are done you'll see them pump pokemon games out left and right on the switch just like all the others
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

pokemon games are almost always yearly.

the only times they werent yearly was in the case of

inbetween blue version and yellow version
    inbetween crystal and r/s
    inbetween r/s and frlg
    inbetween emerald and d/p
    inbetween d/p and platinum
    inbetween oras and sumo

most of those are during gen 3
    it may not release until early 2019 but its not going to have some crazy long away from now release date like holiday 2019. the most time consuming part will just be making the hd models for the pokemon and once those are done you'll see them pump pokemon games out left and right on the switch just like all the others
    On purely artist standpoint, Pokémon games are ridicilous effort. What else game requires 802+ unique character models with unique skeletons and animations?

Now, they probably can, and will, reuse skeletons and animations from Sun and Moon, but models and textures need to be reworked for HD resolution.

Sun and Moon models look decent when played in HD resolutions on an emulator, but they're still fairly low poly. True HD game should get higher definition models and textures.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zht...cle&ID=2299157

LA Noire remastered coming to the Switch on November 14th.

- - - Updated - - -

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zht...cle&ID=2299157

LA Noire remastered coming to the Switch on November 14th.
    the leak was right, i remember thinking it was weird when he talked about it but hes never been wrong about rockstar stuff before.

makes me wonder why theyre putting it on their though, its a great game but im not sure if its the type of game most switch owners will buy, hopefully if it does well we might see more rockstar games on switch.

i didnt know they were making a vr version though, and its for vive too! thats pretty cool. its been forever since i played the game.

i probably wont since i already have the original for pc unless the remaster adds more content to it. i think the last rockstar game i bought on a nintendo was bully scholarship edition for the wii

10+ Year Old Account
    L.A noire coming to the Switch confirmed. Seems to be the full experience too.

where is my vice city remaster rockstar.

put grand theft auto on my switch

10+ Year Old Account

So I can drive and hit people with my car as I drive and hit people with my car because I was driving and hitting people with my car on my Switch

GTA3 and VC are already on phones.

Those games are so old that remastering them would require remaking the whole game. I doubt they'd put in that much effort.

LA Noire is more recent game, with better quality assets. Remastering it into 4K is much simpler. And the original look should be in Switch'es ballpark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You lose nothing by having an achievement system in place, and can only gain.
    Those who don't care about achievements aren't affected, and can turn off the pop up notification.

Those who do care, now have what they care about.
    That's not true, putting something in the game that you participate in whether you want it or not makes me feel like I should do the rest as well even though I don't want to.

I'd say it's a bonus as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    On purely artist standpoint, Pokémon games are ridicilous effort. What else game requires 802+ unique character models with unique skeletons and animations?

Now, they probably can, and will, reuse skeletons and animations from Sun and Moon, but models and textures need to be reworked for HD resolution.

Sun and Moon models look decent when played in HD resolutions on an emulator, but they're still fairly low poly. True HD game should get higher definition models and textures.

Other games don't reuse the same textures, mechanics, statistics platform, combat, music and models every 2-3 games.

Literally the only thing they have to do is make character models, all the rest is pretty much copy paste for the upcoming 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Other games don't reuse the same textures, mechanics, statistics platform, combat, music and models every 2-3 games.

Literally the only thing they have to do is make character models, all the rest is pretty much copy paste for the upcoming 2-3 years.
    But Switch is the generation and hardware shift where they need to redo all the models and assets on a new(er) engine. I wouldn't be surprised to see a gap year and have Switch Pokémon come out in 2019.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But Switch is the generation and hardware shift where they need to redo all the models and assets on a new(er) engine. I wouldn't be surprised to see a gap year and have Switch Pokémon come out in 2019.
    That doesn't mean it takes longer. They already got the concept art down, all they need to do is import and improve. I dare to say modeling 10 Pokemon is less work than making 1 new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    That doesn't mean it takes longer. They already got the concept art down, all they need to do is import and improve. I dare to say modeling 10 Pokemon is less work than making 1 new character.
    well it is a new gen which means we will be getting 70 - 150 brand new pokemon.

some of those pokemon will be rejects from older generation and other will be completely new ones they created. anyone at gamefreak can submit a pokemon for review so they could just have hundreds of designs saved up for future uses but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not like the pokemn models are hyper complex either